AP Runner + Friend Ticket Question

Birkykid

Earning My Ears
Hi, this is my first post so please bear with me.

I am an AP holder running the Dopey Challenge. I know that when booking the RunDisney package, everyone in the party needs have AP. My friend does not have, so we both would have to purchase 2 day Park Hoppers as a minimum to fulfill the booking requirement.

I have my Easter magicband holding my AP ticket, hence I could just access the parks with that. I know there’ll be another magicband to be used as the hotel room key.

My question is, can I technically give my 2 day park hopper magicband to my friend to use if I haven’t activated the band yet?

If not, what are my options for my 2 day park hopper besides renewing my AP?

My AP expires in March and there’ll be another trip planned, I just don’t want to waste the 2 months and start a whole new year.

I know it all sounds confusing but if anyone has any experience or input that would much appreciated, THANK YOU!

So - it's actually a lot easier than that!

Tickets, once issued, can be reassigned to anyone up until the moment they are used for the first time (the only exception is Florida Resident tickets).

So, as long as you and your friend are friends on MDE, once you get that barcode for a ticket - you can either give it to your friend to input into MDE or you can enter it into MDE and assign it to your friend to use!

If you booked through a TA, you can also mention to them what you're planning to do ... they don't really care WHO uses the ticket, they just have to sell the ticket to make the package "activate" - and they can probably handle sending the two tickets to your friend for you.

In addition to everything Keels wrote, I wanted to clear up something that might cause you problems at some point...

MagicBands don't have anything "on" or directly linked to them. All they do is access the information in your MDE profile. So there is no such thing as an "AP" MagicBand, or a "2-Day Park Hopper" MagicBand. Any MagicBand that is assigned to you in MDE will work interchangeably for ALL purposes, including accessing any tickets or passes, or room reservations to unlock the door. So your Easter MagicBand, plus the MagicBand you will get for this resort stay, can only be used by you, and can all be used interchangeably for everything.

Think of a MagicBand like a remote to a garage door opener. The MDE is in the garage. You can have multiple remotes that all open that door.

One note about tickets that are purchased as part of a vacation package -- sometimes they cannot be reassigned to someone else in your MDE. If that is the case, then just keep that ticket in your account, and use its value toward your next AP renewal. Just make sure your AP is prioritized in MDE for entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!