APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did you call? Was it for room only or was it for a package? They are two completely different places. I wonder which one is asking or if it is both.
I called 866-pass4fun asking about the Harry Potter for annual pass package. I made my June reservations thru the link on the first page a month or so ago with no problems but June AP isn't out yet and I noticed the Harry Potter AP package goes until Dec. so I've called them a few times to see if a deluxe happens to open up during my times. I had also called them around the end of summer a few times for our October trip last year and I didn't have an AP then. They never asked if I had one. It was just an odd conversation since it was mentioned twice if I had my AP handy and then I read the message about not being able to book with out an active AP??? I did book HRH for end of May with AP discount online with no problems about a week ago. That's definitely the easier way. I am just impatient on waiting for June's AP so I called:headache:

Yes I agree. That is what I always use and it's so much easier. I only called because I was wanting to check on the Harry Potter package for AP holders.

Hello All! Our family makes yearly visits to Disney, but we are new to the Universal Parks. I am thinking of buying an annual pass for the hotel discount, but I want to make sure I am understanding how this works. If I buy an AP online, it looks as if I would need to pick it up at the gate. Is this correct? It also looks as if I can book a room with the discount online. Would I have to go to the gate to get my AP pass before I could check in the hotel, or will they email me my pass number. I am also wondering if the wait at the gate for ticket purchases is usually long. I really wish there was some way to get the pass mailed or printed out. Thanks for the info!

Hello All! Our family makes yearly visits to Disney, but we are new to the Universal Parks. I am thinking of buying an annual pass for the hotel discount, but I want to make sure I am understanding how this works. If I buy an AP online, it looks as if I would need to pick it up at the gate. Is this correct? It also looks as if I can book a room with the discount online. Would I have to go to the gate to get my AP pass before I could check in the hotel, or will they email me my pass number. I am also wondering if the wait at the gate for ticket purchases is usually long. I really wish there was some way to get the pass mailed or printed out. Thanks for the info!
I was able to get my annual pass at the ticket desk right at the hotel. I’d do that before you check in because I’m pretty sure they ask for your AP at check in to verify for the room rate.

You don’t need to have it at check in, you are supposed to show it to them sometime during your stay. In 3 trips with my APH discount I have never once been asked to produce it.

Reactions: MDH
Quick question, Can I use one AP for two APH rate rooms? I bought the B2G1 free park to park tickets from Undercover Tourist and am planning to upgrade at least one of our tickets to an AP. We are a family of 5- 2 adults and 3 children. I booked two rooms using APH rate at HRH for our family. I requested connecting or adjoining rooms.

Another question, there are Seasonal and Power pass blockout dates for the 2 days (3/22 & 3/23) we will be there. Will I have to upgrade my tickets to a Preferred Pass as soon as we arrive or could I possibly wait until our last day (after we've done all of our park stuff)and upgrade to a Seasonal or Power?

Quick question, Can I use one AP for two APH rate rooms? I bought the B2G1 free park to park tickets from Undercover Tourist and am planning to upgrade at least one of our tickets to an AP. We are a family of 5- 2 adults and 3 children. I booked two rooms using APH rate at HRH for our family. I requested connecting or adjoining rooms.

Another question, there are Seasonal and Power pass blockout dates for the 2 days (3/22 & 3/23) we will be there. Will I have to upgrade my tickets to a Preferred Pass as soon as we arrive or could I possibly wait until our last day (after we've done all of our park stuff)and upgrade to a Seasonal or Power?

Yes, You can book multiple rooms with a single AP...as long as you are paying...you can't book 10 rooms and have 10 different people paying, unless they have APs.

Wait until you are done in the last park, on your last day, then upgrade to either Seasonal or Power...if it is on a blockout date, you will not be able to re-enter the park with a Seasonal or Power Pass, so use your regular tickets until finished.

We had a trip this past Christmas and we were told, both when we booked and when we checked in, that we needed 1 passholder per foom

When we checked in, they asked to see the APs. We hadn't picked them up yet, so I showed the receipt showing 2 passes.

When they booked us into the rooms, I had to be the passholder for one room, and my wife for the other. We were travelling with her 3 young adult daughters, so we just moved one to my room by name only.

The rooms weren't ready when we checked in, and when we got assigned a room, we went to the front deck to get our cards assigned to the rooms. At that time, I asked if we could switch around so we'd have my wife and I in one room and the daughters in the other and they had no problem doing it at that time.

I can't say what the 'official' policy is - I can only tell you what happened to us on our trip. We were going to buy the 2 APs anyway, so I didn't have any reason to question them.

Thanks @wagman67 and @cschaaf. I will plan on upgrading my tickets to 2 APs and be prepared for the possibility that I may have to show them to them on check in day.

We had a trip this past Christmas and we were told, both when we booked and when we checked in, that we needed 1 passholder per foom

When we checked in, they asked to see the APs. We hadn't picked them up yet, so I showed the receipt showing 2 passes.

When they booked us into the rooms, I had to be the passholder for one room, and my wife for the other. We were travelling with her 3 young adult daughters, so we just moved one to my room by name only.

The rooms weren't ready when we checked in, and when we got assigned a room, we went to the front deck to get our cards assigned to the rooms. At that time, I asked if we could switch around so we'd have my wife and I in one room and the daughters in the other and they had no problem doing it at that time.

I can't say what the 'official' policy is - I can only tell you what happened to us on our trip. We were going to buy the 2 APs anyway, so I didn't have any reason to question them.

Wow, I hate to hear that. In the past, booking a couple of rooms with a single AP wasn't an issue. But, then again, the world seems to be shifting under our feet on all kinds of things...so, just have to adjust to the new norms.

Just for clarification, I went to the AP website and looked at the terms and conditions.

**All prices and options are subject to availability and to change without notice and additional restrictions may apply. Must present valid Seasonal or Annual Pass at check-in, one room per annual pass. Promotional discount is based on savings from Regular 1 rates at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Promotional rate is valid for stays most nights Sunday–Thursday in a Standard Room double occupancy for travel between 4/8/2018 – 5/24/2018 and 5/28/2018 – 5/31/2018. Rates and discounts vary by hotel, length of stay, room type, travel dates, season and are subject to availability. Rates are higher on Friday/Saturday and holidays. Rates are per night plus tax and the number of rooms available at these rates is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply. Blockout dates and other restrictions may apply. Reservations must be made {24-hours} in advance of arrival and are subject to availability. Travel must be completed during promotional period(s).

I have never had to show my pass at check in however it states you need to. I'm not going to worry about that, I won't have it when I check in and as stated I've never had an issue with not having it at check in. The part that I think most will find interesting is that it clearly states one room per annual pass. Still, I'm not sure they follow through on that at check in either but its good to know that there is written clarification.

Just for clarification, I went to the AP website and looked at the terms and conditions.

**All prices and options are subject to availability and to change without notice and additional restrictions may apply. Must present valid Seasonal or Annual Pass at check-in, one room per annual pass. Promotional discount is based on savings from Regular 1 rates at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Promotional rate is valid for stays most nights Sunday–Thursday in a Standard Room double occupancy for travel between 4/8/2018 – 5/24/2018 and 5/28/2018 – 5/31/2018. Rates and discounts vary by hotel, length of stay, room type, travel dates, season and are subject to availability. Rates are higher on Friday/Saturday and holidays. Rates are per night plus tax and the number of rooms available at these rates is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply. Blockout dates and other restrictions may apply. Reservations must be made {24-hours} in advance of arrival and are subject to availability. Travel must be completed during promotional period(s).

I have never had to show my pass at check in however it states you need to. I'm not going to worry about that, I won't have it when I check in and as stated I've never had an issue with not having it at check in. The part that I think most will find interesting is that it clearly states one room per annual pass. Still, I'm not sure they follow through on that at check in either but its good to know that there is written clarification.
Maybe I should mention this one room per AP when they won’t honor my AP rate for my reservation.

Thank you for updating the March dates, I am excited but bummed at the same time. I have been waiting for March 23-27 to open up. I got Hard Rock for $359/night vs. $479 regular rate for RPR but it's only good for 23-26. My big HUGE dilemma is I haven't purchased my AP yet--I was planning to upgrade on the 26th at the end of the day. I can't do it sooner in the trip b/c it's a block out period! I would have to check out the morning of 26th and show my pass :scared:. I booked HRH for 23-26 but I don't think I can make it work --- I will continue to check multiple times a day as usual.....

Thank you for updating the March dates, I am excited but bummed at the same time. I have been waiting for March 23-27 to open up. I got Hard Rock for $359/night vs. $479 regular rate for RPR but it's only good for 23-26. My big HUGE dilemma is I haven't purchased my AP yet--I was planning to upgrade on the 26th at the end of the day. I can't do it sooner in the trip b/c it's a block out period! I would have to check out the morning of 26th and show my pass :scared:. I booked HRH for 23-26 but I don't think I can make it work --- I will continue to check multiple times a day as usual.....
A perferred pass is about $100 more but doesn’t have blackout days. Could that be an option if something doesn’t open up for the 27th?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!