APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for posting about the July rates.

We've just booked the Hard Rock for 2 nights

I currently have Royal Pacific water view room booked June 2-6. I booked the seasonal rate of $404/night. With the AP rate I could switch to Portfino club level for $419/night. With taxes it would be $67.50 more to switch. I'd also have to upgrade my ticket to a seasonal pass. I'm unsure if it would be worth it. It will be me, my husband and 12 year old daughter.

This will be our first trip to universal as a family (husband and I went back in 2002 and stayed off site).

Is club level worth the extra cost? We don't drink wine or beer, but would like to know what other offerings they have. Thanks!

Can I just ask if for any reason you have to cancel your aph room you get your deposit of the one nights cost back right, as long as you do it more than 6 days before? Do they just refund your card?

I currently have Royal Pacific water view room booked June 2-6. I booked the seasonal rate of $404/night. With the AP rate I could switch to Portfino club level for $419/night. With taxes it would be $67.50 more to switch. I'd also have to upgrade my ticket to a seasonal pass. I'm unsure if it would be worth it. It will be me, my husband and 12 year old daughter.

This will be our first trip to universal as a family (husband and I went back in 2002 and stayed off site).

Is club level worth the extra cost? We don't drink wine or beer, but would like to know what other offerings they have. Thanks!
Yes! Definitely if it's only $67.50 more. If you're not a picky eater, you'll get a full breakfast (carbs, proteins, fruits, coffee, juice) and dinner (composed of several appetizers), snacks (fruits, chips, granola bars), desserts and water bottles.

Portofino Bay, in my opinion, is prettier than Royal Pacific as well. Most club rooms there face the pool, but I've read here that some people have gotten the bay view rooms.

Yes! Definitely if it's only $67.50 more. If you're not a picky eater, you'll get a full breakfast (carbs, proteins, fruits, coffee, juice) and dinner (composed of several appetizers), snacks (fruits, chips, granola bars), desserts and water bottles.

Portofino Bay, in my opinion, is prettier than Royal Pacific as well. Most club rooms there face the pool, but I've read here that some people have gotten the bay view rooms.

I called today and switched to the club level room at Portofino Bay. I’m excited to stay there. I’m a little nervous about upgrading my ticket to an annual pass, I’ve never done that. Since I bought my ticket through a 3rd party I’m not sure how much it will cost to upgrade to a seasonal pass.

Just booked 2 standard rooms at rph for $264 each room, 2Q beds. Only needed one night.

Believe the parlor suites at PBH can sleep up to 6 (2 Q & bath in one room, connected to sofa bed in parlor with it’s own bath)

They are lovely, sadly with youfirst over, don’t think i’ll Be booking those anytime soon lol as they are rather pricey.

I called today and switched to the club level room at Portofino Bay. I’m excited to stay there. I’m a little nervous about upgrading my ticket to an annual pass, I’ve never done that. Since I bought my ticket through a 3rd party I’m not sure how much it will cost to upgrade to a seasonal pass.

We did this last year and the adults were free, kids were $10 each. We purchased our ti from UCT. Not sure if it's still the same or not. We're making use of our AP's from last year

Not only is it easy, it may be very inexpensive depending on the ticket you purchased. Just be aware there is a 3 park version which includes volcano bay. If you won't be going there or arent sure you can always choose the 2 park version first and upgrade later to include it. However I don't believe it's possible to downgrade. Hope this helps.

Not only is it easy, it may be very inexpensive depending on the ticket you purchased. Just be aware there is a 3 park version which includes volcano bay. If you won't be going there or arent sure you can always choose the 2 park version first and upgrade later to include it. However I don't believe it's possible to downgrade. Hope this helps.

I have a 3 day 2 park to park ticket I purchased through Ares travel. They had a deal buy 2 days get 1 day free. Think I paid around $264 for it. So I’m not sure if that amount will be applied to an AP or if I’ll get the value of the current 3 day 2 park to park ticket, which I believe is $301.

I have a 3 day 2 park to park ticket I purchased through Ares travel. They had a deal buy 2 days get 1 day free. Think I paid around $264 for it. So I’m not sure if that amount will be applied to an AP or if I’ll get the value of the current 3 day 2 park to park ticket, which I believe is $301.

You get the purchased amount, the $264, not all three days, if that makes sense. It sounds similar to the Undercover Tourist deal that many (including myself) used initially. It sounds bizarre but it really is that inexpensive, mainly because of all the blackout dates. It doesn't work for everyone and you may want to be sure the seasonal works for you as well if you travel during the winter holidays or some parts of the summer. In 2016 it was like $10 for each pass to upgrade, and ever since then I've just kept renewing because it's cheaper than buying new tickets. Weird I know, but it works out in our case.

We are traveling in mid November and plan to stay at RPR. We're thinking about purchasing APs and trying to get 2 trips out of them. Any idea when AP rates will be released for that time period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter