APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they ever add more rooms to the APH rates? I have an AP but no one else in my party does. We are booked at Hard Rock for 12/1 thru 12/3 and have a seasonal rate right now - the AP rate is higher than what I currently have - the lowest AP rate is for a deluxe king club level. Didn’t want to pay more/ do they ever add anything else

Do they ever add more rooms to the APH rates? I have an AP but no one else in my party does. We are booked at Hard Rock for 12/1 thru 12/3 and have a seasonal rate right now - the AP rate is higher than what I currently have - the lowest AP rate is for a deluxe king club level. Didn’t want to pay more/ do they ever add anything else

Yes, they do quite frequently. It is all an occupancy thing. If they have lots of rooms, they'll throw some out to passholders.

Definitely, just keep checking every so often or follow this thread to see if anyone has reported more options.

I'm not sure if this has been asked & answered. We are planning a trip over Easter break 2019 from Thurs. April 18th to Wed April 24th. Easter is on the 21st. We will get APs & am hoping for an AP rate at a Deluxe for the Express pass. I'm thinking it's more likely that the AP rates will be after Easter weekend. I wanted to book soon to hold the room, though.

If I book now & AP rates released will the hotel apply it to the applicable days or to my entire reservation? Or will I need to cancel & rebook based on when the AP rate applies.

Last time we went a few years ago we only stayed after Easter & when I saw the AP rate I called & they applied the AP rate, to my entire reservation, since it was valid for all of the days.

Yes it can be done but only if the allotted number of ap rooms are available

Only a specific amount of rooms will be eligible for the ap discount

I'm not sure if this has been asked & answered. We are planning a trip over Easter break 2019 from Thurs. April 18th to Wed April 24th. Easter is on the 21st. We will get APs & am hoping for an AP rate at a Deluxe for the Express pass. I'm thinking it's more likely that the AP rates will be after Easter weekend. I wanted to book soon to hold the room, though.

If I book now & AP rates released will the hotel apply it to the applicable days or to my entire reservation? Or will I need to cancel & rebook based on when the AP rate applies.

Last time we went a few years ago we only stayed after Easter & when I saw the AP rate I called & they applied the AP rate, to my entire reservation, since it was valid for all of the days.

When you change anything with Universal, it is always a cancel and rebook. So, if there isn't a valid ap rate for all your days, you won't be able to do it. They won't just change a couple of days here and there.

Yes it can be done but only if the allotted number of ap rooms are available

Only a specific amount of rooms will be eligible for the ap discount

When you change anything with Universal, it is always a cancel and rebook. So, if there isn't a valid ap rate for all your days, you won't be able to do it. They won't just change a couple of days here and there.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you are willing to take a chance on booking a few consecutive days that may have an APH offered, you could book a split trip and ask to link the two reservations.

My willingness to do so would surely depend on the discount. Did u check the last two years’ date & rate threads for what others may have booked over that holiday?

Always a chance you would have to move your room & you do have to stop at the desk again.

I wouldn’t buy the APH speculatively though, just with intent of hoping for for a good rate in this case.

If you are willing to take a chance on booking a few consecutive days that may have an APH offered, you could book a split trip and ask to link the two reservations.

My willingness to do so would surely depend on the discount. Did u check the last two years’ date & rate threads for what others may have booked over that holiday?

Always a chance you would have to move your room & you do have to stop at the desk again.

I wouldn’t buy the APH speculatively though, just with intent of hoping for for a good rate in this case.

Thanks for this. I'll check the rate threads. I didnt realize we could do a split stay in the same hotel & link reservations. We've stayed at RPC and Sapphire Falls & changed hotels before. While I loved SF, we really missed not having the express pass.

That's the situation for me as well. My stay more, save more rate is significantly lower than anything that was just released for AP rates. I'll be watching to see if that changes but right now I guess it saves me the hassle of upgrading.

Last edited:
This is all very confusing. I don't have an annual pass and it seems to be slightly (not too much) higher than I'd pay for Do I need to have an AP before I book one of these rates if I see something good? The AP seem to be about $15-$20 more which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but if I can't get a better price for the hotel maybe it's not worth the extra $80? If I see a good price (looking at early Jan 19) for an AP hotel rate can I book it and then get an AP?

This is all very confusing. I don't have an annual pass and it seems to be slightly (not too much) higher than I'd pay for Do I need to have an AP before I book one of these rates if I see something good? The AP seem to be about $15-$20 more which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but if I can't get a better price for the hotel maybe it's not worth the extra $80? If I see a good price (looking at early Jan 19) for an AP hotel rate can I book it and then get an AP?
Sometimes the Stay More Save More rate works out to be a better price than the APH rate. However, if you do find a good deal in the AP rates you don’t need to have the AP at the time of booking, just when you check in (or they may allow you to show it later on if you haven’t gotten it yet). This hasn’t happened to me, but I’m assuming if you don’t end up getting an AP but booked an APH rate, they will end up charging your credit card rack rate.

Sometimes the Stay More Save More rate works out to be a better price than the APH rate. However, if you do find a good deal in the AP rates you don’t need to have the AP at the time of booking, just when you check in (or they may allow you to show it later on if you haven’t gotten it yet). This hasn’t happened to me, but I’m assuming if you don’t end up getting an AP but booked an APH rate, they will end up charging your credit card rack rate.

That is the drill

Wanted to toss it out there that I did finally stumble across APH rates for my dates over Columbus Day weekend.

Unfortunately, only at RPH for one of the suites. Rates just shy of $500/night pre-tax. Too rich for my blood, will stay with my standard room.

Will keep checking though :)

Wanted to toss it out there that I did finally stumble across APH rates for my dates over Columbus Day weekend.

Unfortunately, only at RPH for one of the suites. Rates just shy of $500/night pre-tax. Too rich for my blood, will stay with my standard room.

Will keep checking though :)

I gave up on finding HRH over Columbus Day weekend a while ago. My next trip is Thanksgiving, so I doubt there will be much there either. However, I have benefited greatly from the discounts on almost all of my other trips.

I gave up on finding HRH over Columbus Day weekend a while ago. My next trip is Thanksgiving, so I doubt there will be much there either. However, I have benefited greatly from the discounts on almost all of my other trips.

Which dates in November cause I see pretty much every hotel has ap rates that week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter