Apple Watch & wifi

pkpope

Earning My Ears
i got an apple watch yesterday and will be heading to disney for the weekend tomorrow to celebrate taking the LSAT earlier this week! Im wondering about people’s experiences with using their apple watch with the disney resorts/parks wifi. Does it usually seem to work well? Or should i just keep it on bluetooth and keep my phone close?

I would just use Bluetooth and you probably will have your phone close anyway (for using My Disney Experience app).

The issue you’re going to have is battery life. The Apple Watch wasn’t made to be away from the phone for long periods of time. In addition, you’ll be turning your screen on more frequently than usual.

I’d recommend keeping your phone in your backpack and using your watch as a quick way to read messages. Besides, you’re going to need your phone to make FastPasses!

(Suggestion, put your watch in theater mode while in the parks. Swipe up and hit the two faces button. It’ll prevent the screen from turning on when you’re on a dark ride!)

The issue you’re going to have is battery life. The Apple Watch wasn’t made to be away from the phone for long periods of time. In addition, you’ll be turning your screen on more frequently than usual.

I’d recommend keeping your phone in your backpack and using your watch as a quick way to read messages. Besides, you’re going to need your phone to make FastPasses!

(Suggestion, put your watch in theater mode while in the parks. Swipe up and hit the two faces button. It’ll prevent the screen from turning on when you’re on a dark ride!)
I have had both the Series 1 and Series 3 Apple Watches and my battery life on my Series three lasts me an entire day no problem in the parks. Series 1 was not as great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter