Applying for Disney Visa on site...

disney20something

Earning My Ears
If you apply for the Disney Visa while on your trip to WDW, can you use it on the trip? Do they give you a temp card/allow you to charge to the account, or do you have to wait the 1-3 weeks for it to arrive before you can use it? We're leaving in four days and kind of regretting not applying for it earlier.

No. Next time! (Also it's too late for regrets- you're going to Disney World in THREE DAYS!! Woot-woot!)

Also when you do decide to do it go through someone that already has one so that you can get the $200 gift card! I just did this and got my gift card already, after putting $500 on the card. Great gift card for my upcoming trip :)

I thought your could use it on the trip, unless that changed recently.
I think that you are confusing applying for a Disney Visa with just picking up a Disney Rewards card in order to be able to use the rewards that you earned.

Chase does not give you a Disney Visa to use on the spot if you apply at Disney, even if you are instantly approved.

Definitely go with someone who has the $200 gift card option after spending $500 in the first three months. I was at DLR's DTD yesterday and their offer was $100 statement credit (which isn't bad, but not as good as a $200 Disney Gift card) :hippie:

I arrived in WDW from CA for a ten day Christmas stay, forgetting to bring my planner/organizer with my Disney Visa card and other travel cards. I went to the Chase desk at Guest Services in Disney Springs and they opened a new DV account for me as well as issued me a new card with a bonus gift card. I was able to use the new card immediately as well as the bonus gift card

I arrived in WDW from CA for a ten day Christmas stay, forgetting to bring my planner/organizer with my Disney Visa card and other travel cards. I went to the Chase desk at Guest Services in Disney Springs and they opened a new DV account for me as well as issued me a new card with a bonus gift card. I was able to use the new card immediately as well as the bonus gift card
I thought they did that! Thanks for confirming.

What?! That's awesome. A couple q's:
1. What type of Disney Visa did you open if you already had an open Disney Visa?
2. Did they issue you a physical card?
2. how did you get a bonus card immediately issued? That's not an offer I recall seeing online, you always have to spend XXX$ before you get the bonus gift card/disney rewards points/ stmt credit.

I got a direct mailer the other day with the $200 Disney gift card offer + an extra $50 gift card when adding a authorized user. They must know I am planning a Disney vacation.
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!