April 8th, 2018 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to San Diego

Quick question for anyone who has done Disney's Panama Canel Crossing. Does Disney offer any type of transportation option from San Diago to Disneyland. We are thinking of addin a few extra days for our first time visit to Disneyland if we are already in California but trying to figure out how we would get there.
Unfortunately they do not.

Is there any good way to get from San Diago to Disneyland
First let me say love the anchorman with the San Diago. That being said the only ways that would be cost effective is renting a car, or taking the train to Anaheim and then a taxi, uber, etc. if you are in a small group of people I would think a van rental split would be best. There is a on site Alamo at downtown Disney so I would look at them first.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide and going back and forth with whether I just want to throw DL on to the end of the cruise as well. It would be quick for us, like Sunday afternoon and Monday at the parks and then go home Tuesday. My son would love to see Cars Land. But I don't know if we can miss that much work.

The best way would be Amtrak. The station is about a block and a half from the cruise ship terminal, and stops about 3 miles from Disneyland. There is a bus (Anaheim Resort Transit or ART) that you can catch right outside the station in Anaheim, that runs to Disneyland and is $5 for an all day ride. There are lots of stations for buses, so if you are booking a hotel, see if they are on the ART Route.

Quick question for anyone who has done Disney's Panama Canel Crossing. Does Disney offer any type of transportation option from San Diago to Disneyland. We are thinking of addin a few extra days for our first time visit to Disneyland if we are already in California but trying to figure out how we would get there.

DOn't believe they do. its over an hour and a half away :)

The best way would be Amtrak. The station is about a block and a half from the cruise ship terminal, and stops about 3 miles from Disneyland. There is a bus (Anaheim Resort Transit or ART) that you can catch right outside the station in Anaheim, that runs to Disneyland and is $5 for an all day ride. There are lots of stations for buses, so if you are booking a hotel, see if they are on the ART Route.
We thought about the Amtrak option but knowing that we would have a lot of luggage we do not know how easy of an option that would be.

We thought about the Amtrak option but knowing that we would have a lot of luggage we do not know how easy of an option that would be.

The walk to the train station may not be too bad (or take a taxi), depending on the luggage, but I would do a taxi once in Anaheim

My sister and BIL will be taking this cruise with me! Whoohoo!!! They've gotten a veranda cabin which I know they'll love. This will be their third DCL cruise and my eighth. I'm doing an inside cabin for the first time; I spend most of my time out and about anyway so figured I'd save some dough on the cabin that could then be spent on a mini-stay at DL. :goofy::mickeyjum:donald: Either way, Disney gets all my money....:earboy2:

Thanks for the info about the train...I was wondering about transportation options.

Hi all! I'm Linda and will be cruising with my friend Cindy. We'll be meeting up with some friends from New Jersey for this cruise. We met them on a Pixar cruise a few years ago. Really looking forward to the sea days and the locks! Will also be doing Alaska cruise this August.

My husband and I booked this cruise. This will be our second time doing the WBPC. We did May 2015 has our honeymoon. We are super excited to be doing it again on the redone Wonder. We are from New Jersey so that meets two flights for us. We did DL after the last one but I don't know if we will be able to do it this time. Depends on how much PTO I have available. We are also booked on November 25 2017 7 night Merrytime cruise.

Welcome everyone! I can't believe that they only have inside cabins available!! Let's see how that changes in the near future.

JW

Welcome everyone! I can't believe that they only have inside cabins available!! Let's see how that changes in the near future.

JW
I know I was looking the other night I was so happy we booked a Verandah when we booked. We have done oceanview rooms on other cruises and that what we have for our November 25th cruise on the Fantasy but for the canal. We hadid a Verandah on our last canal cruise and it was great!

Hi,
We also are booked and did the 2016 WBPC. We loved it so much we had to do it again.
Nice to see a couple of other aussies onboard.

Good news!

I booked this cruise on opening day for Gold CC, but didn't actually know if we'd be able to go...

But YEAH!! Found out yesterday that my DH has been awarded a sabbatical for Spring quarter 2018! I was counting on that!

So glad we are officially a "GO!"

Any other college professors on sabbatical that term too?

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

Another bunch of Australian's who have booked over the weekend. We will be travelling with 2 of our daughters will be 4 and 13 when we cruise, can you believe their older sister who will be 15 didn't want to come , too long away from her friends!

This will be our 4th cruise, the first 3 all with Carnival so I have some high expectations.

Hi Everyone,

Another bunch of Australian's who have booked over the weekend. We will be travelling with 2 of our daughters will be 4 and 13 when we cruise, can you believe their older sister who will be 15 didn't want to come , too long away from her friends!

This will be our 4th cruise, the first 3 all with Carnival so I have some high expectations.
Welcome! DCL has been our only cruise line.

Anyone have thoughts on why this sailing have booked so quickly as opposed to years past?

Anyone have thoughts on why this sailing have booked so quickly as opposed to years past?
I think because the economy is better, I know stocks are since the election.

Also remember that people can cancel without penalty for almost a year still! So a cheap deposit in case they can go.

JW

Don't know about other folks but I booked it because it stops in Castaway Cay, will go thru the new locks (I think...due to the new ducktail?) and will stop in Costa Rica which is a country I haven't been to yet. Loved the 2013 WBPC so that also influenced my choice as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!