April Check-In **Official**

Easter wasn't til the 21st last year though, so I feel spring break crowds were later. I feel like these dates are now considered post-spring break crowds which makes me curious if there will still be extended hours and entertainment
Oh you're right -- I forgot about Easter being so late last year. Well, shoot. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Easter wasn't til the 21st last year though, so I feel spring break crowds were later. I feel like these dates are now considered post-spring break crowds which makes me curious if there will still be extended hours and entertainment
I can’t wait to know

for me it’s about planning dining packages and such. Which night to do F! vs WOC...

I’m also curious if there will be a new dining package associated with the new parade.

A little random....the rainbow cake slices that were served at Plaza Inn...are those seasonal? Available now?

We’re taking a stroller for our 5 year old, but only because he is sooooo sloooooow it’s amazing he doesn’t go backwards. If we go at his pace, it’d be a miracle if we made it past the castle by lunchtime 😂 I don’t know of any stroller rental places though. He still fits (barely) in the one we own, so we’re bringing it and hoping he’s speedier at 6, lol.
I think I've seen people recommend City Strollers for rentals. Post a thread asking for recent recommendations if you want more suggestions. Other people have said that they have an inexpensive stroller delivered to the hotel from Amazon.com so they don't have to travel with it, then they donate it at the end of the trip, arrange to trade off to another DISer family who will be arriving then, or sell it on eBay when they leave. Other people stop by Target on Harbor to buy a cheap stroller. Lots of options.

I think I've seen people recommend City Strollers for rentals. Post a thread asking for recent recommendations if you want more suggestions. Other people have said that they have an inexpensive stroller delivered to the hotel from Amazon.com so they don't have to travel with it, then they donate it at the end of the trip, arrange to trade off to another DISer family who will be arriving then, or sell it on eBay when they leave. Other people stop by Target on Harbor to buy a cheap stroller. Lots of options.
awesome info, thanks!

So mad at myself for booking with JetBlue. Really want to change our dates from April to July or August. Walls up around Haunted Mansion, Snow White, Carrousel and all 3 down in April. Such a bummer but it will cost me $600 just to change our flights.

April is going to be an absolutle nightmare. ROTR crowds during spring vacation, with 3 (possibly 4) attractions closed at the same time. Lines are going to be ridiculous.

Last edited:
So mad at myself for booking with JetBlue. Really want to change our dates from April to July or August. Walls up around Haunted Mansion, Snow White, Carrousel and all 3 down in April. Such a bummer but it will cost me $600 just to change our flights.

April is going to be an absolutle nightmare. ROTR crowds during spring vacation, with 3 (possibly 4) attractions closed at the same time. Lines are going to be ridiculous.

dont scare me. Also, with maxpass and a tolerant attitude it’ll be ok.

walls around the mansion in April??? 😱 what did I miss???

dont scare me. Also, with maxpass and a tolerant attitude it’ll be ok.

walls around the mansion in April??? 😱 what did I miss???

Yeah, Maxpass will make it better, no doubt. Haunted Mansion closed yesterday for a long refurb, going into at least May. :sad1:

We'll be going 4/5 to 4/9. Spring Break! Looks to be crowded since most of the prices on our usual Harbor motels is at $200 a night. Staying at Candy Cane Inn in premium room since that's all they had left!

walls up meaning the outside is getting re-furbed???? or the ride will def be closed all of april?
The OC register reported it was going to be refurbed inside and out and that it would open late March or April. So my guess is it will open some time in April if the information they got was correct and the refurb goes as planned. We won't really know when it opens until we get calendar for April and see what is on the refurb list. A few years ago I went to DL when the Pirates refurb happened ( the changed the auction scene) and while it was sad to walk by the closed ride I still had a great time.

The OC register reported it was going to be refurbed inside and out and that it would open late March or April. So my guess is it will open some time in April if the information they got was correct and the refurb goes as planned. We won't really know when it opens until we get calendar for April and see what is on the refurb list. A few years ago I went to DL when the Pirates refurb happened ( the changed the auction scene) and while it was sad to walk by the closed ride I still had a great time.
I agree. I am optimistic it will be back up for April too, but as you said we won't know with certainty until the April hours are released. I've gone with multiple rides down and have still have had a great time. However, I understand it's difficult for people who travel long distances and can't make frequent visits.

@Captainkidd76 try not to be too discouraged. I know it's tough when you want to reschedule but can't -- that has happened to me before. The good news is you'll be at the GCH (WONDERFUL hotel), and April is usually very nice weather. I'll also be there the same dates as you for Dapper Days, staying at the DLH. I booked too late for DD and couldn't get GCH. Sad. Let's hope that we won't get any more surprises, and that we get good news when the April hours come out!

The April 2020 check-in thread is live! If you would like to be listed in the OP, please post your dates and hotel below, and I will add you as I am able. If I miss you, it was not intentional. Just nudge me or post again.

I do my best, but am not super tuned in to breaking news from Disney. If anyone hears of any announcements, ride closures or re-openings, SWGE info, or other important information that could affect our April trips, please post for the good of the order. Happy vacation!

3/30-4/2 DharmaLou—Motel 6
3/30-4/4 EmJ—BWPPI
4/1-4/3 April8986—Disneyland Hotel
4/1-4/7 Paigesmom2013—Kings Inn Anaheim
4/1-4/8 CandyMouse—Anaheim Desert Inn
4/4-4/12 Satye—Anaheim Marriott
4/3-4/7 gigi78—Tropicana Inn & Suites
4/5-4/8 Mickeyflower—Anaheim Maingate Inn
4/5-4/10 jcatron243—DLH
4/6-4/11 wench—VGC
4/7-4/11 94bruin—GCH
4/8-4/12 Toniann966—BWPPI
4/8-4/14 Beck and the Beast—HOJO
4/12-4/14 JJ2017—Springhill Suites
4/15-4/19 Peachy0118—Best Western Stovall’s
4/15-4/20 DisneyHusker—GCH
4/15-4/22 Captainkidd76—GCH
4/16-4/19 StarlitNight05—DLH
4/16-4/20 seesclubhouse—Best Western
4/16-4/20 maleficent55—BWPPI
4/16-4/21 gtpoohbear—GCH
4/17-4/25 accpro7—DLH
4/18-4/21 Pamela M—Candy Cane Inn
4/18-4/22 RainyDayPixie
4/18-4/22 coloredimage—Fairfield Inn
4/20-4/22 Katniss Mellark
4/24-4/25 Pamela M—Marriott Residence Inn Fullerton
4/27-5/1 Dr.Mrs.ScroogeMcDuck—GCH
4/27-5/2 Scotland52
4/29-5/3 julesann—Grand Legacy

A little random....the rainbow cake slices that were served at Plaza Inn...are those seasonal? Available now?

I know they are served during Gay Days (first weekend in October). I don't know if they are served during mini Gay Days. I think that is the first weekend in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts