APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

They just posted this message:

"MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible."

Must have been why that page was down just a bit ago.
Just logged in, and this message isn't showing on my page. I have option for all solid colours + maybe 5 upgrades. So confused with this.

We ordered the first night and the correct bands show up in MDE as active but says to pick up at front desk. Why? Won’t we need them for Magical Express bus?

I appear to have been one of the lucky ones. I ordered my upgraded mb's for myself for two trips (snacks and Dory) - one in July and one in November - on the day this all went live. I think my order finally went through around lunchtime. I had gotten confirmation emails pretty much immediately after my orders went through. This morning at 5am EST I got a 'Your MagicBand package has been shipped' email for each order.

I did find it interesting that they specify in the email that the complimentary MagicBands and upgrade MagicBands come from two separate divisions:

upload_2019-5-23_8-42-2.png

I can't get to the page to view our order. It's not the end of the world if I didn't get them, but they need to refund me ASAP.

I appear to have been one of the lucky ones. I ordered my upgraded mb's for myself for two trips (snacks and Dory) - one in July and one in November - on the day this all went live. I think my order finally went through around lunchtime. I had gotten confirmation emails pretty much immediately after my orders went through. This morning at 5am EST I got a 'Your MagicBand package has been shipped' email for each order.

I did find it interesting that they specify in the email that the complimentary MagicBands and upgrade MagicBands come from two separate divisions:

View attachment 402425
Wow, I'm impressed they are already shipping your November trip one! I wonder if we will get our September ones I ordered Monday early then? (or at all at this point) :duck:

Wow, I'm impressed they are already shipping your November trip one! I wonder if we will get our September ones I ordered Monday early then? (or at all at this point) :duck:
My order I placed on Monday for our September trip says this when I log into MDE
Your MagicBand Order Is Being Fulfilled
Review Your Order
We will ship it shortly and provide tracking details.
I see a pending CC charge still, and I have a confirmation email, so fingers crossed I actually get the ones I ordered (I had snacks and purple villians which both seemed to sell out quick) The other 3 were less popular.

At first I was surprised too..... but since we are paying for them... and Disney wants our money!!! And... they need to get rid of the excess stock in the warehouse! Yep, now it doesn't surprise me at all. Even if you cancel your trip, they still have the $10

At first I was surprised too..... but since we are paying for them... and Disney wants our money!!! And... they need to get rid of the excess stock in the warehouse! Yep, now it doesn't surprise me at all. Even if you cancel your trip, they still have the $10
It says in the fine print that if you cancel your trip they will charge you the 15 dollars extra per MB as well.

Actually, I believe if you cancel the trip you need to pay the full price for the magicband. Otherwise, people would just book a reservation to get a discounted band and then cancel.

It says in the fine print that if you cancel your trip they will charge you the 15 dollars extra per MB as well.

Actually, I believe if you cancel the trip you need to pay the full price for the magicband. Otherwise, people would just book a reservation to get a discounted band and then cancel.
OH!? Didn't realize that! Well.... that certainly doesn't surprise me either! :-)

View attachment 402425
That is really great, about the shipping notice already! I ordered my Haunted Mansion band first night they were available, the order went through on my CC and the band shows on my magic band page, but I have not gotten a shipping notice, and my trip is in November also. Maybe later today.

What's everyone thinking, go ahead and order and take what you can get or give it a few days and see if they restock? I have 28 days before I have to finalize. I was going to wait it out but afraid they will go away for good so maybe I shouldn't wait.

Our second set of bands, the ones I had to redo, no longer show up on my Plans & Tickets page. It used to say processing. Now it just shows the first set that was already delivered. When I click on magic bands page it shows that we have chosen colors, but nothing else about delivery or processing.

What's everyone thinking, go ahead and order and take what you can get or give it a few days and see if they restock? I have 28 days before I have to finalize. I was going to wait it out but afraid they will go away for good so maybe I shouldn't wait.

We missed Out. We have a little longer at about 50 days but I think we will wait and see if items come back in stock or if new bands are available.

Disney really should have just opened this up to people traveling in the next 60 days. That would have alleviated a lot of this headache and allowed them to really gauge interest in each of the released designs. It's amazing how woefully inadequate this has turned out to be...

I agree that Disney should have opened up the release for guests with reservations in the next 60 days...then once they had that organized and know it is working and they could keep up with supply, open up a little longer period, say 90 days. I have a trip in June and saw the bands in the morning and selected one for each of us but wanted to confirm with my Mom and when I went back to confirm the order, they were gone. I keep seeing posts of people with trips in November and December getting bands already. I wish Disney had considered the popularity and planned accordingly. Also, maybe Disney will create special Halloween MB, Food & Wine MB, Christmas MB, etc and if they staggered the dates for ordering, supply could have been better managed and people could have opted for these special bands as well. I have until June 7 to order my MB because we have to pick our up at the resort and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they restock.

Odd....my order looks correct. Has the two bands we selected under our names. However, there is now way to click on our names or the bands to see the shipping status. I did get a shopDisney confirmation email. NO way to track shipping but at the bottom of the email it says "estimated delivery 10 days prior to your arrival" o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter