APs ordered via post

Also you may not get 35% off the room - Im sure its up to 35% off and tends to be a different discount for different hotels on different dates so you need to ask what the discount would be on your dates

How many photos do we need to send in? Is it 1 or 2 photos per person? It looks like the first post says 2 photos per person? Will a passport size photo suffice? It also looks like the photos are being sent back after it's scanned. Has anyone sent in a regular photo that they cut to shape for the form? I'm wondering if I can get away with just sending in a regular photo and I'll cut it to shape.

I hope I have enough time if I mail it in this week. I need it by 9/8. Do you guys think I have enough time to mail it in? I'm located in the US. I'm wondering if we can buy the annual pass in the UK? I will be there before I head to Paris. Thanks.

Last edited:
I always send in 1 passport photo per person and yes they will send them back with your AP. I´m using them again for the next year.

I do not know if it is allowed to send in a cut out from a regular photo.

The time could be very short. I received my AP in Germany form the time I send in the form to get the AP via post within a month. Sending this to the US could be longer.

Do you know that you can buy APs at the park also? But remember that if you buy the Francilien AP at the park you will have the block out days if you stay offsite.

Greetings to the US

Thanks ThBa! I ended up taking passport photos just in case. Yes, I thought about buying it at the park, but then I'm there for a limited time so the cheapest option won't work for me.

I wonder if I can buy them at the Disney store in London?

Here in the US, you can buy Disney theme park tickets. I believe you can do the same at Disney stores in Japan and buy tickets for Tokyo Disney. I wonder if the Disney store in London will allow this.

Last edited:

Just thought I'd add my experience as this thread has been so useful...

3/8/16 - posted AP form by registered post from the UK
8/8/16 - showing as received on the royal mail website
16/8/16 - I didn't check my credit card for payment but didn't need to as on this date I received an email from the AP team detailing the benefits of a Dream pass, so I assumed it had all been processed
18/8/16 - AP arrived in the post by recorded delivery (I actually collected it today as I was out yesterday and had to sign for it). The pass has a start date of 12/8

So just over 2 weeks from posting the form to delivery! Oh and they applied my shareholder discount with no problems. I will definitely be doing this again in future - so much less hassle than going to the AP office in the park.

Hi, I'm thinking of doing this for our October trip.

I just had a long chat with the French AP booking line. The advisor went to great lengths to tell me that I cannot gain entry to the parks with a Classic pass following 2 days after purchase onsite, even if I stay in a Disney hotel. I've read through this and I'm aware from other posts that Classic should be ok when staying onsite and the usual blockouts don't apply. She explained that this isn't correct because they know it's cheaper to have an AP than a 3 day pass.

So, I'm going to try the postal version. I'm also a shareholder. Am I correct in saying that I get 20% off for 5 of us, plus an additional 15% off? So, my calculation is 5 Classic passes - 135x5=675. Minus 20%, 135 = 540E. Minus 15% 81 = 459E. Current exchange rate to GBP is £395 approx.

Does this sound correct?

She also gave me price for hotel for 2 nights in October, 55% off - £277 for Hotel New York which I thought was a good price.

I'm off to download the forms and put my faith in google translate :confused:

Sorry, another quick question - the form doesn't have anywhere to show the shareholder discount. I assume that I just deduct 15% as per my calculations and provide a copy of my shareholders card?

Also include a passport size photo for everyone, a copy of everybody's passport, a copy of a bill/statement with address for everybody (we all have the same surname). No need to show proof of address for 12 year old?

thanks in advance

Sorry, another quick question - the form doesn't have anywhere to show the shareholder discount. I assume that I just deduct 15% as per my calculations and provide a copy of my shareholders card?

Also include a passport size photo for everyone, a copy of everybody's passport, a copy of a bill/statement with address for everybody (we all have the same surname). No need to show proof of address for 12 year old?

thanks in advance

1. Yes. I am always state the price and then reduce it by 15%. I attached a copy of my shareholder card also.

2p6jde0fsuj.jpg

2. I never bought an AP for my littlest daughter with is 11 because we always try to get an "under 12 years free" offer but I assume that you do not need to show proof of the address if you are a family.

Sorry, another couple of questions. When staying onsite do you definitely get EMH with the Classic pass? And do you attach your photos to the form?

Thanks

Just updating with my experience and rationale for doing this in case it helps someone else - firstly Thank You so much to ThBa and everyone else for contributing to this thread - fantastic information :thumbsup2

We are a family of 5 however only 4 of us going on our next trip - using the postal service means we benefited from the family discount of 20% which we would not be able to do in the park as DS isn't coming with us. We are also shareholders so get an extra 15% on top of this. So 5 Classic passes cost in total £397.08 at current exchange rate.

Classic passes are fine for us as we always stay on-site so will still get EMH. As shareholders we also get a higher discount on restaurants/purchases than the classic pass.

I filled out the form with mine and DH info. I put the same info for our 3 kids on a separate sheet of A4 paper. I used passport photos for the kids but didn't have any to hand for me or DH. So I used a normal photograph and just cut it to size of the passport size. I wrote our names on the back of the photos and then glued them to the form and separate sheet of paper.

I enclosed photocopies of our UK passports and a copy of proof of address for me, DH and my eldest kids (both over 18). I sent copies of letters about college acceptance with the kids names on and a copy of a household bill that had both mine and DH name on it. I didn't send any proof of address for youngest DS (12). I also enclosed a copy of my shareholders card.

On the form where the amount goes I input the cost of the 5 passes less 15% discount and wrote 'shareholder discount 15%' beside it.

I filled out the payment part of the form with my UK debit card details.

Posted all using registered/tracked post on Thursday 1 September.

Tracking showed received on Monday 5 September.

Bank was debited with amount on Friday 9 September.
Cards arrived today, Thursday 15 September - exactly two weeks after posting. :cool1:

I didn't receive any communication/email until they arrived today so I'm glad I sent it tracked post otherwise I'd have been wondering if it arrived safely.

The cards are dated 9 September, so must get dated on the day the payment is taken.

Thank you again to everyone for being so helpful. Initially this sounds difficult to do, but actually it's very easy to do. Can't wait to get there now and flash my card :rotfl:

Just to add my experience to this...

Completed the form for my partner and I and sent international recorded on 16/09. Showed received 22/09. Was getting worried as everyone else seemed to have their card charged just a few days later but my card was not charged until today, 30/09, so don't be too concerned if it takes a little longer than other posters recently. Will update when the AP's (hopefully!) arrive.

Update: arrived today, exactly 3 weeks after posting and 1 week after my card was charged

Last edited:
Hi folks, please bear with me i think i have missed something or maybe i have just been looking on the wrong page.... in 2014 i filled the form and sent it back with the photos (i ordered for me and my mum). I was having a look around the DLRP website to find the form to fill but found this page from where it looks you can order it without sending back the form.... am i going wrong? https://www.booktickets.disneylandp...p?vld=1&sp=1&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

If i still need to fill the form where can i find it?
Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question.....

Last edited:
I was having a look around the DLRP website to find the form to fill but found this page from where it looks you can order it without sending back the form.... am i going wrong?

Not a silly question....but that page is for regular park tickets as opposed to Annual Passes.

Does anyone happen to have the email address for the AP office? I sent my son's application form off three weeks ago and haven't received it back yet. I expect it's because there were more applications coming in before the price rise at the start of November but I'd like to check that they've at least received it.

Thanks

Update from me....

Application for DS's classic pass sent 13/10 by registered post
Royal Mail website showed it had been received 17/10
Pass arrived yesterday - 09/11 - but collected today as I had to sign for it.

So, four weeks to arrive this time rather than the two weeks it took mine to arrive in August. I assume the delay was down to a rise in applications before 1 November and the potential price rise.

Oh, and I wasn't sure if they would apply my shareholder discount as the application was for someone else but they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter