Archival mist?

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
Have you used it? Where did you buy it? How much was it? I'm looking because I want to add in some newspaper clippings into my scrapbook for the wedding, but I want them to be acid free (neutralized, whatever...still not putting pics on that page) and I want the paper to stay unyellowed. Any advice? What I found the other night was WAY too expensive ($40).

$40 sounds right, but your 40% off coupons at Michael's/joanne's/AC Moore usually can apply to Archival Mist and save you a bit. I've had my can of Archival Mist for a while, I only use it on newspaper clippings, ticket stubs, etc.

I use Make It Acid Free by Krylon. I got mine at Archiver's back when they gave a discount, but have also seen it at Hobby Lobby. My 6oz can was marked $14.99 and it will last forever.

ETA: AM and MIAF will *NOT* keep the paper from yellowing. Most conservators recommend photocopying it onto buffered paper. You might also consider laminating the original to keep oxygen away from the paper.

I was faced with scrapping alot of newspaper photos from my sons football games. I was told by someone at my lss to color copy them to cardstock. I did that and 2+ years later they look pristine--no yellowing and no fading. You have to color copy, even black and white print because the ink is more stable. It sure did save me alot of money on archival sprays.
P.S. I recently looked at the original articles. The print is barely readable, the photos were slightly better but still very yellow.
HTH Deb

Well, I talked to some "experts" today who said it was a waste. The products are only guaranteed to last for 2 years, then you're supposed to reapply, but there is no guarantee that it will work after that. So my options are copying to cardstock (good tip on colored ink, thanks Deborah) or laminating. I guess we'll have to see...I want these to hold up.

Yup! Laminating or copying. I laminated some leaves 3 years ago and they still the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter