Are 11 year olds able to eat off a child's menu only?

Party Mouse

Earning My Ears
I just noticed Disney has children's menus for the cruises, which is great, but is this the only choices children have in the sit down restaurants or can they eat what the adults are eating? Our son even as a toddler was eating off the adult menu as he's never much gone for McDonald's chicken nuggets (like his mom does) or hamburgers (like his dad does) or pizza (like both parents do) or pretty much any food most kids like. He can eat any of those (it's not like he's a prince who must always eat like a king), but he'd be much happier with roasted chicken (even marinated with chili and lime), garlic roasted beef tenderloin, or a veal chop. If only the children's menu is given to children, is there some way of paying extra for the child to eat from the adult menu at times?

Children can eat off either menu on the cruise. Most evenings my DD ate off the childrens menu, but had to have the prime rib when it was offered.

Anybody can eat off of either menu. More than one evening I would say to my server "I can't make up my mind between appetisers" and the answer was "I'll bring them both!" They really work hard to please :)
There is never an extra charge for food except for Palo's.

Thanks for the speedy replies, too! I wouldn't have even thought to ask if adults could eat off the children's menu, but you know, that Mickey-shaped ravioli stuffed with cheese could be quite tempting for me! :)

Is there a thread already on people reviewing what their favorite dishes on board have been?

Check out the formal Mickey shirt, pin, and handkerchief! My son just saw the photo and said, "He's missing the Mickey Mouse hat!" I guess they need a "formal" style pair of Mickey ears! :)

Thanks for sharing that photo - and I was just about to say the Mickey Mouse bar also looked tempting (are they as good as dark chocolate Dove bars?), but things like chocolate mousse cake with rum caramel sauce, Grand Marnier Souffle with chocolate sauce, cappuccino cheese cake, and some of the other desserts on the adult menu seem even more tempting...how much dessert can a gal put away (and still fit in the clothes she came on board with) in 3 days, I *wonder*? :)

my son is now ten. Ever since our second cruise, he always orders off the adult menu. If he ends up with something he doesn't like, the wait staff is pretty good at bringing something else.

The Mickey bars are the same as at the parks - no longer Dove (Hershey's chocolate) but still some of the best ice cream out there! I'm not a big desert eater but can't turn one of those down when it's offered!

Originally posted by Party Mouse
Check out the formal Mickey shirt, pin, and handkerchief! My son just saw the photo and said, "He's missing the Mickey Mouse hat!" I guess they need a "formal" style pair of Mickey ears! :)

They do, sort of! The "Groom" Mickey Ears that you can get at the parks are basically a top hat with ears. :)

I wish my husband would wear things like Mickey cufflinks and button covers. He iloves to wear suits and tuxes, but he is such a boring fuddy duddy on not doing anything "fashionable" or cool! Tuxes, for instance, should only be black and white. *snore* :)

Ahh well, I still love him. :)

Kathy

tstobb - After looking at the picture of your DH and the mickey bar, I continued to "snoop" and look at the others. I thought my 12 DS and I covered every inch of the ship, but we missed the "rope room" on deck 4. What is the "rope room"?

Deck 4 goes all the way around and the rope room is in the bow (front) of the ship. If you do go, try to go both when the ship is at sea & when it is docked to see the differences - you can't go in when the ship is in the process of docking. Just one of the cool "hidden" areas of the ship!:smooth:

Gosh, that's one place we missed! We walked around aft, but not forward!! We did find the window that allows you to look into the prep area for animator's palate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter