Are cribs available at DVCs?

pharmd527

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Looking at renting DVC points for the first time ( for AKV) and wondering if they offer crib delivery upon check in. New to DVC so not sure what all the perk differences (other than housekeeping) are versus staying at resort as regular guest.

We’ve stayed as regular guest at Contemp, art of animation, and yacht club and have never had issue getting a crib.

Will a crib be available to use as a DVC reservation?

TIA!

Pack and plays are provided in the closets of both the studios and 1BR units (so you'd get two if you have a 2BR).

Only Pack and Plays are available. If you want a crib, you have to rent from outside company.

Pack n plays are available as stated above, but others on this board have stated that they were also able to get a crib after asking when they were staying on points. So apparently they are available, but not gauranteed.

BTW, a dedicated 2BR only has one pack 'n play and a lock off 2BR has two (one for the studio and one for the 1BR portion).

Both pack n plays and actual cribs (rolling kind made out of metal with mattress) are available at all DVCs. I always request one and have never had a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_9438.jpg
    IMG_9438.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9439.jpg
    IMG_9439.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 43

Not true, if you are staying at a DVC that is attached to a hotel, you may be able to get a crib. There is no guarantee and if you are at OKW, SSR.. not attached to a hotel crib are never provided. You can always rent for a local company.

Not true, if you are staying at a DVC that is attached to a hotel, you may be able to get a crib. There is no guarantee and if you are at OKW, SSR.. not attached to a hotel crib are never provided. You can always rent for a local company.
Whoops! Well then that makes sense. SSR and OKW are the only DVC properties I haven't stayed at! You would figure if they offer the amenity at one, it should be offered at the other.

Whoops! Well then that makes sense. SSR and OKW are the only DVC properties I haven't stayed at! You would figure if they offer the amenity at one, it should be offered at the other.

It isn't an amenity offered by DVC - its something that the hotels have around that they will allow DVC guests to use when they aren't booked by hotel side guests.

Glad to hear you can get a crib, did you stay on points or cash? Which resorts were you staying that provided free cribs or did you have to pay for them? Thanks
We stay on points. I simply call the front desk and ask for it to be sent to the room once we are checked in. The cribs are free. Been able to get a crib at AKV-Jambo, AKV-Kidani, BCV, BWV, Bay Lake, GFV, VWL (haven't done Copper Creek yet), and Poly.

Have also been successful asking for highchairs at all of these resorts and requesting baby gates for the 2 story GVs at BLT (when I read another poster on disboards was having trouble securing them at SSR?). Hope this helps whoever may have little ones in tow!

We stay on points. I simply call the front desk and ask for it to be sent to the room once we are checked in. The cribs are free. Been able to get a crib at AKV-Jambo, AKV-Kidani, BCV, BWV, Bay Lake, GFV, VWL (haven't done Copper Creek yet), and Poly.

Have also been successful asking for highchairs at all of these resorts and requesting baby gates for the 2 story GVs at BLT (when I read another poster on disboards was having trouble securing them at SSR?). Hope this helps whoever may have little ones in tow!

Nice to know you were able to get cribs. Our DD does not sleep well on the thin pack'n'play mattresses. We have a thicker mattress for ours for car travel, but it is too bulky for air travel.

Nice to know you were able to get cribs. Our DD does not sleep well on the thin pack'n'play mattresses. We have a thicker mattress for ours for car travel, but it is too bulky for air travel.
Oh, my baby doesn't do well with them either. Those thin pack n play 'mattresses' are hard as a rock! The mattresses I have been supplied with the metal cribs are the mini-crib style ones. Definitely much more comfortable.

Thanks for the info! We are planning on staying in a 2 bed villa at hopefully BRV next year with a 19 month old. Having a crib could be useful.

To be SURE, rent a crib from an outside company. They are limited in supply from Disney and CRO gets first dibs. If your baby isn't going to sleep in a pack and play, the crib rental fee will be a small bit of insurance. If you would just prefer a crib, but would be OK with the pack and play, roll the dice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter