Are glue guns allowed? Anyone ever bring one on?

belac

I like fluffy!
I read through the online restrictions and it doesn't list glue guns, so does anyone know if they are allowed or brought them on?

I doubt anyone really knows the answer to your question but irons are restricted and a glue gun heats up like an iron so I suspect that it might be confiscated. I guess you could pack it and see if it is still in your luggage once you are in your room.

I take it you plan to work on crafts while in your stateroom?

Kate

A Halloween costume for cruise. DS wants a sort of strange costume and I am crafty and using cardboard, as so to pack it it parts. I may need a glue gun to put it back together if it tears.
A curling iron heats up, so I though I have brought that on board and was just wondering if anyone actually brought a small glue gun.

A Halloween costume for cruise. DS wants a sort of strange costume and I am crafty and using cardboard, as so to pack it it parts. I may need a glue gun to put it back together if it tears.
A curling iron heats up, so I though I have brought that on board and was just wondering if anyone actually brought a small glue gun.

Give it a try, worst case is you might need a backup plan, sewing kit or something. You reminded me of the year I took my daughter's halloween costume to a conference and sewed during presentations. I had many, many folks seek me out to find out what I was creating. :)

Kate

I took one on our Halloween cruise in case of a costume emergency I figured it would be the easiest way to glue something back together. It wasn't confiscated (in the end, I didn't need it). In my mind, the hot part is pretty minimal compared to an iron.

I took one on our Halloween cruise in case of a costume emergency I figured it would be the easiest way to glue something back together. It wasn't confiscated (in the end, I didn't need it). In my mind, the hot part is pretty minimal compared to an iron.
Guess you've never been burned by a glue gun? It can do some damage.

Do we get to see the costume? :)

Kate

My guess is it would be considered in the same category as these prohibited items...

"Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers"

I agree, a flat iron or curling iron are more dangerous than a glue gun. I have considered taking a glue gun on board but didn't need to in the end. Would I totally go for it? You bet. It is not on the prohibited list. If you feel it is critical to have it, I might even bring two: one in your stored luggage and one in your carry-on just in case.

My other suggestion is duck tape.

Good luck!!

I think I may try a mini one and if it gets taken, no worries. I'm thinking duct tape as back up. Thanks for the suggestion

Any liquid glue, krazy glue, would be killer on cardboard.

Yes if it works I'll def post a pic
Thanks all

Guess you've never been burned by a glue gun? It can do some damage.

Oh yeah but burned by the glue never the gun. 5 years of building models in Arch. School, so got pretty used to it. Never leave it plugged in or unattended for either, its one huge pet peeve of mine.

Oh yeah but burned by the glue never the gun. 5 years of building models in Arch. School, so got pretty used to it. Never leave it plugged in or unattended for either, its one huge pet peeve of mine.
Personally, I would think they'd be included in the banned items. Unlike things like hair dryers, glue guns don't have an auto shut off, when they get hot. They just sit there being hot. Wouldn't take much for someone waiting for the gun to heat up to be distracted, and then it's forgotten, or a sudden shift of the ship to knock it over. That could cause a problem.

Many (like the one I own) have an auto shut off, and a covered nozzle to prevent burns, so it's a fairly safe device. However, (I am guessing!!!) you are at the mercy of the inspection station when you board, and a rule about electrical appliances can reasonably be invoked. OTOH anricat reports taking on on their cruise.

You can't get a definitive answer here, so sounds like "maybe" to me! Take it, have a backup plan, and post pics of the costume!!

Last edited:
Yea mine shuts off too. Might just take that one, if it gets taken, a good excuse to get a new one LOL
I hope duct tape is allowed.

Yes I will post pics.

The most annoying costume was a ghost for DS at MNSSHP 2 years ago. I sewed 100 mini battery operated lights to the underside of 3 layers of tulle full cape and gave him a hood on top. If I find a pic of that I can post I will. But I'll take a glue gun ove that needle, my fingered were raw after that.

With all the Disney outfits he stood out for sure. They loved him at the Haunted Masinon and he loved all their attention.

The most annoying costume was a ghost for DS at MNSSHP 2 years ago. I sewed 100 mini battery operated lights to the underside of 3 layers of tulle full cape and gave him a hood on top. If I find a pic of that I can post I will. But I'll take a glue gun ove that needle, my fingered were raw after that.

With all the Disney outfits he stood out for sure. They loved him at the Haunted Masinon and he loved all their attention.

Oh my word!!:worship::worship::worship:

When I think of a ghost costume, I think of a bedsheet with a hole in the middle!

You could always take one of those little $3.99 mini glue guns, that way if it's taken, you're only out a few bucks! We debated about taking our glue gun last year for making our seagull hats for our Halloween cruise but we ended up finding some really good kraft glue that worked well (and lots of glue dots)!

Oh my word!!:worship::worship::worship:

When I think of a ghost costume, I think of a bedsheet with a hole in the middle!

Here are 2; before the lights went on and at the end of the night, forgive me but I'm not a fan of posting his pic so blocked his face.
He was all a glow all night, you unfortunately see a few shine through in spots, not the effect I was going for, but in person he just looked like he was glowing.

So this time I am up against cardboard and packing it, the packing is the worst, meaning this will have to be in parts and put together on board so if a fastener breaks I will need something strong.
I love me some glue dots but this is going to be like an architectural model, as much as I hate them....he gave me the eyes and a pleeeeeease mommy, and he is 10 so I may not have many Halloweens left, where he will let me do theses things.

Attachments

• ghost no light.jpg
    ghost no light.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 63
  • ghost l.jpg
    ghost l.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 63
So cute! Would strips of 1-2" adhesive-backed velcro work? Then you could take it apart and repack it, using it for real Halloween?

You are a Genius!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship: I never thought of that industrial Velcro, that may just work! I can hot glue them to fasteners at home!
Thank you soooo much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter