Are planning journals still a thing?

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
I'm feeling a bit lost since we're so far away from our potential wedding date and can't do any real planning yet. I thought it might be fun to jot down some of my thoughts/ideas in a planning journal to share my excitement. It looks like that section of the forum is pretty inactive though - the last post was in 2021! Are current Disney brides doing anything like this? I know that people are probably more active on facebook groups, and I'm definitely enjoying following them, but it's not the same as actually keeping a journal of sorts.

I mean, if it's gonna help you organize your thoughts, go for it! This forum is pretty slow these days, but anything you share will be helpful to the people who do read it.

I think planning journals *can* still be a thing if it works for you like lurkyloo said. I think more people use pinterest and other wedding websites to plan. Maybe the Knot comes to mind. I used a paper planning journal way back when. But, while planning my vow renewal I did a folder on my computer and filled it with pictures of ideas. Whatever works for you! Happy planning! princess:

Oh, I already have all the Pinterest boards, Facebook groups, podcasts, planning guides, powerpoints, spreadsheets etc 😝 But I've really enjoyed the interaction on pre-trip reports I've done, and have found it's a good way to ask lots of questions and get feedback without taking up too much real estate on the actual board, and keeping all the answers in one place. This one would be part wedding planning journal, part pre-trip report. Sounds like I may not get much interaction, but might give a go anyway. Sounds like no one's going to be offended if I resurrect the PJs section 😉 Just putting my plans out there will be exciting!

Oh, I already have all the Pinterest boards, Facebook groups, podcasts, planning guides, powerpoints, spreadsheets etc 😝 But I've really enjoyed the interaction on pre-trip reports I've done, and have found it's a good way to ask lots of questions and get feedback without taking up too much real estate on the actual board, and keeping all the answers in one place. This one would be part wedding planning journal, part pre-trip report. Sounds like I may not get much interaction, but might give a go anyway. Sounds like no one's going to be offended if I resurrect the PJs section 😉 Just putting my plans out there will be exciting!
You will probably get more interaction if you just do it as a pre-trip report in that section on the DIS and not a PJ. People write all sort of stuff in their pre-reports, wedding planning can just be one of them.

Last edited:

I got married in 2021, and I used a planning journal. Now, it's a great keepsake and memory that I can revisit on our anniversary each year. I just planned my mom's wedding, and I used Google Docs instead of a physical journal since it was easier to share with other members of the bridal party and planning team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter