Are selfie sticks allow in the Parks? Merci

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I am planning on buying a selfie stick for our Paris portion of our trip... so now I am wondering if they are allowed in the parks at DLP... Our friends daughter that lives outside of Paris, told me that they use one for a couple of quick family photos. Also some other friend just got back from DL in CA. and that they used on for most of their trip, and on the last day a cast member told them to please put it away... and offered to take their picture... I know that they are not allow at WDW anymore...

Simple answer is no. There are signs up at the entrance. You do see people with them, however.

No they aren't allowed and if they find it during bag checks it will be taken off you. Saying that you do occasionally see people using them in the park but you will be asked to put it away if seen with it

No they aren't allowed and if they find it during bag checks it will be taken off you. Saying that you do occasionally see people using them in the park but you will be asked to put it away if seen with it

If we try to take it into the park, during bag check and they tell us we can't bring it in, they will allow you to take it back to your resort room... right? I assuming this is not something that they will hold and let you pick up on your way out of the park?

If we try to take it into the park, during bag check and they tell us we can't bring it in, they will allow you to take it back to your resort room... right? I assuming this is not something that they will hold and let you pick up on your way out of the park?

No they wont hold it for you . You will either have to take back to your hotel room or they will dispose of it. Depending where you decide to stay you could have a long walk back to your room to take it back there.
Although you do occasionally see people with them in the park I wouldn't advise you try to take it in as there are signs saying they are not allowed

Not allowed

selfie-2.jpg

....and this is a good decicion (in my opinion)

No they wont hold it for you . You will either have to take back to your hotel room or they will dispose of it. Depending where you decide to stay you could have a long walk back to your room to take it back there.
Although you do occasionally see people with them in the park I wouldn't advise you try to take it in as there are signs saying they are not allowed

We are staying at Newport Bay... so we are going to use it around the resort, and at DTD for some night pictures and leave it in the room while in the parks.

Not allowed

selfie-2.jpg

....and this is a good decision (in my opinion)

I have to agree, I guess the CM telling you keep you arms in the boat at all times... was completely missed by these folks or that they felt that they were not included...honestly. I am wanting to use it for some quick pictures of us in front of the castle, and other spots... Not in a ride... I am there to ride the ride, enjoy it, and take in all the magic... We will leave the selfie stick in the resort room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!