Are the new Minnie Vans accessible?

Not exactly - there are ongoing lawsuits against Uber about accessibility, but there has been no determination at the federal level that I'm aware of.
My understanding was that it was federal, I do know that locally they were forced to comply.in order to be allowed at the airports.

Yikes, the Minnie vans are going to be expensive! You can almost always Uber for less.
  • Can handle six passengers, not just four; Über/Lyft charge higher rates for six-passenger vehicles.
  • Every van is equipped with two car seats included in the rate; Über has one, Lyft doesn't offer; Über charges extra.
  • Rate includes tip.
  • Minnie Vans are a transportation option, not a requirement.

My concern was the photo showing the 2 car seats stowed in the back, says the CMs are trained to install them. Great. But I need that back area of the van for my son's large Convaid chair. Are those car seats always back there? Other guests might have a large double stroller as well (although I guess if they have a kids stroller, they would need to USE those car seats in the car).

Will you need the full seating as well as the cargo space? I think if you don't need the 3rd row of seats, the carseats could be placed there and the Convaid put in the rear cargo area. I haven't really seen any details about luggage or cargo; hoping more info comes out in the near future to answer some questions.

I think once Disney gets them fully operational they will see they need to make a option when reserving car if need child seat and how many. And store them either at resort or at their station and then the driver will install them if needed. And that way they won't have to worry to much about cargo. Disney will adjust if needed they want this to work badly.

Thank you for sharing that. The Minnie Van shown in the video above, and in which he rides, is the standard Chevy Traverse version. However, at about 22:09 of the video he does mention they have "2 really big vans" and are in the process of wrapping with the polka-dots to be used for accessible transportation.

Thank you for sharing that. The Minnie Van shown in the video above, and in which he rides, is the standard Chevy Traverse version. However, at about 22:09 of the video he does mention they have "2 really big vans" and are in the process of wrapping with the polka-dots to be used for accessible transportation.
yep I think I saw car sets in the back. at $20 I will more then likely will not be using this service, but glade ( and I had a feeling from the said they were doing this, That they would make it wheel chair accessible

Wow I was kinda joking about Disney wrapping the two large vans but glad to see Disney thinking of everything.

The regular ones hold six for 20 per ride so I wonder if Disney will roll out more bigger vans to hold larger groups for more money. or start renting out the big buses for celebrations could call chip and dales party down party bus. Just wondering how far they will go in private transportion options for profits.

The Minnie vans are a great idea hope they work out should take off little pressed from the buses.

Wow I was kinda joking about Disney wrapping the two large vans but glad to see Disney thinking of everything.

The regular ones hold six for 20 per ride so I wonder if Disney will roll out more bigger vans to hold larger groups for more money. or start renting out the big buses for celebrations could call chip and dales party down party bus. Just wondering how far they will go in private transportion options for profits.

The Minnie vans are a great idea hope they work out should take off little pressed from the buses.

People already rent out the big buses - our school group rents out 2 every year.

Both - we did YES programs and a few other things. Can't remember which bus for which part though - my chaperoning experience was almost a decade ago. I do remember the kids liking the coach-style buses better than the city-styled ones. They all got a seat on the coach style :) They fussed about standing on the regular bus. And I remember trying to get a glimpse of what the banner on the front said - and being disappointed it said 'out of service' or somesuch - I wanted a cute banner!

Both - we did YES programs and a few other things. Can't remember which bus for which part though - my chaperoning experience was almost a decade ago. I do remember the kids liking the coach-style buses better than the city-styled ones. They all got a seat on the coach style :) They fussed about standing on the regular bus. And I remember trying to get a glimpse of what the banner on the front said - and being disappointed it said 'out of service' or somesuch - I wanted a cute banner!

Cool didn't know they did the regular buses always thought it was just the mears coach style. Being it was ten years ago it could been when Disney was doing the special events they had coach style buses back then. When they gave mears the contract they got rid of their coach style buses.

Thank you for the report sounds like you had fun on the buses ;):)

Cool didn't know they did the regular buses always thought it was just the mears coach style. Being it was ten years ago it could been when Disney was doing the special events they had coach style buses back then. When they gave mears the contract they got rid of their coach style buses.

Thank you for the report sounds like you had fun on the buses ;):)

When you're traveling in a group of 100+ and you show up at a bus stop, it tends to panic the other guests, so I'm thinking maybe they threw the regular buses at us to get us out of the bus queues? It didn't happen for the whole trip, just the few times we were assigned to be at a park to do a non-YES thing, something created by the school, not WDW. Our school program does a 4-5 day trip to WDW for our 8th graders. 2-3 YES programs, and then 1-2 school generated things, sort of like a scavenger hunt, but not as frantic. Lots based on World Showcase, talking to the CMs there, etc. I'm betting the trip organizer talked to someone in transportation (or the other way around) and arranged it. And it was always just getting us to the park, not back to the resort (one of the All Stars). We were told the specific time we had to be at the bus stop (although part of me is thinking we got picked up in a parking lot once or twice? But that might have been the fancier bus for the YES program)

Anyways, back on to the Minnie Vans - glad they are doing the right thing and having some bigger accessible ones. Can't wait to see them zipping around the roads when we go on our next trip! Hopefully people don't stop and try to get a photo of them in the middle of the road though - like they do for the main gates to the property and parks. Maybe that's why they didn't do the bow on top like the Honda pink polka dot one? If they make them too eye catching, they could cause accidents!

When you're traveling in a group of 100+ and you show up at a bus stop, it tends to panic the other guests, so I'm thinking maybe they threw the regular buses at us to get us out of the bus queues? It didn't happen for the whole trip, just the few times we were assigned to be at a park to do a non-YES thing, something created by the school, not WDW. Our school program does a 4-5 day trip to WDW for our 8th graders. 2-3 YES programs, and then 1-2 school generated things, sort of like a scavenger hunt, but not as frantic. Lots based on World Showcase, talking to the CMs there, etc. I'm betting the trip organizer talked to someone in transportation (or the other way around) and arranged it. And it was always just getting us to the park, not back to the resort (one of the All Stars). We were told the specific time we had to be at the bus stop (although part of me is thinking we got picked up in a parking lot once or twice? But that might have been the fancier bus for the YES program)

Anyways, back on to the Minnie Vans - glad they are doing the right thing and having some bigger accessible ones. Can't wait to see them zipping around the roads when we go on our next trip! Hopefully people don't stop and try to get a photo of them in the middle of the road though - like they do for the main gates to the property and parks. Maybe that's why they didn't do the bow on top like the Honda pink polka dot one? If they make them too eye catching, they could cause accidents!

Funny thinking the same thing as you people will be trying to take pics maybe they will keep one in a safe spot to take pics.

I'll be following this thread to see what other news comes out. DH uses an ECV and we would love to be able to use this option a few times as we're not renting a car for the first time on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!