Are the Snorkeling Trips Still A Go?

SuAnne

Mouseketeer
We are on the Dec. 14 Magic and have booked the 5 Star St. John Snorkel. My Mom is coming with us and wants to cancel ( the snorkeling trip that is) because of the virus. I know that she could still come and go to the beach and not snorkel, but she now wants to just stay on the ship that day. Just wondering if they still went ahead with the snorkeling excursions on the past cruise. Maybe we should just bring along our own masks and snorkels to be on the safe side?

SuAnne, as far as I have heard all snorkeling excursions have continued without any changes. You can certainly bring your own gear, but they do disinfect the gear on the excursions.

SuAnne, I would buy my own snorkel stuff, we did. It's cheaper than
rental equipment (you have to rent on Castaway Cay) and you get to
use your own stuff. Never even thought about the virus but this is a
good way of avoiding one thing on the virus possibility list! And tell
your mom Truck Bay is absolutely beautiful even if you don't go
snorkeling, which I highly reccomend you do. Gary

Originally posted by SuAnne
We are on the Dec. 14 Magic and have booked the 5 Star St. John Snorkel. My Mom is coming with us and wants to cancel ( the snorkeling trip that is) because of the virus. I know that she could still come and go to the beach and not snorkel, but she now wants to just stay on the ship that day. Just wondering if they still went ahead with the snorkeling excursions on the past cruise. Maybe we should just bring along our own masks and snorkels to be on the safe side?

We did this excursion back in May and it was so much fun!! Trunk Bay has got to be the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. There are plenty of trees to sit under down the beach if your Mom doesn't want to sit in the sun. She will miss a wonderful time if she stays on the ship. As far as the equipment, this excursion provided some of the best equipment we've used. Even though they disinfect the equipment it's not extensive. The equipment at Castaway Cay rents for $25 and is not worth it!! Both dh and my masks leaked horribly. This is when we made the decision to buy our own and bring it along on our next cruise. HTH

Thanks! I think I'm going to take another stab at convincing her to come with us . I know she would love it, even if she decides not to snorkel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter