Are their ANY reasonably priced hotels in or near DS

Seriously, you can find a house for around $50 per night. Even if you add in parking fees at the parks, that puts you under budget. It just seems like a no-brainer to me
I looked into Airbnb and VRBO and maybe another and couln't find houses nearISH Disney for that price - where do you find those deals?

I found a deal for Springhill Suites for about that price for late October (I booked a couple of weeks ago) - no resort fee or parking (edit to add no parking FEE) but the like Smittolis said, you probably wouldn't want to rely on their shuttle. THe 2 queen bed rooms also include a sleeper sofa. Like Hopperfan pointed out the price varies depending on your dates and what site you use to book. I found my deal on lastminutetravel dot com and saw that other sites were offering the same room at Springhill Suites for much more at the same time I looked/booked and for the same dates. It is cancellable so I keep looking for other deals that might pop up. They offer a free breakfast which is supposed to be decent so maybe that will help offset the cost of transportation. When I was looking I didn't find as good of a price for Towneplace, but Smittolis did and that place has a small kitchen so you could cook some meals there to save even more. Deals come and go on the various booking sites so you have to be either lucky to get a really good nightly rate or diligent at checking the sites often or sometimes someone here might post a great deal for your dates also.

Last edited:
You can absolutely rent a house or condo for that price, but you need to plan on driving where you want to go. There are no shuttles from rental homes and even with the hotels that offer them, I would totally not recommend using them. If you have a car, use it. Depending on a few factors, it may be worth it for one of you to buy an Annual Pass which would include parking as well as Photopass as well as merchandise and food discounts.

I looked into Airbnb and VRBO and maybe another and couln't find houses nearISH Disney for that price - where do you find those deals?
VRBO definitely. You can rent at least a 2 bedroom condo in your price range and possibly something larger if you shop around. We're renting a 3-bedroom condo next month and total cost with taxes and fees is $93/night. There are cheaper ones available but we've stayed in this one before and like it.

Depending on your dates, you can often find them on VRBO. However, the lower per night prices applies more often to longer stays. I looked into some home rentals for our next trip, but one I added in the various fees like cleaning, it made the per-night price go up substantially for a short stay. Since those fees are charged per stay regardless of length, you'll do much better if you have many nights to average them out over.

When I put in for my dates, I found a few couple for around $65/night, that in some cases more than doubled once cleaning fees, taxes, and sometimes "management" fees were added.

Choice Hotel group in the Maingate West area.

Reasonably priced. Free breakfast. Free parking. Free shuttle. Disney Good Neighbor Hotels.

The Comfort Suites have some rooms that sleep 6 - 2 queen beds and bunkbeds.

Have you looked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. If you look at the "We Love Bonnet Creek" thread, there are rental agencies listed. Get a quote for your dates through them, the price is extremely reasonable for the space, it has a shuttle although you do have to pay, or drive to the parks anyway.

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn on Palm Pkwy for about $90/night total. It's clean, comfortable, has a free breakfast, and a shuttle. It's a bit out of the way, but not terrible. I can't comment on the shuttle since we drive everywhere, but I know it had more than 2 runs per day.

One question that has not been asked is How much are you prepared / spend to have Tickets to Disney ?

Lots of Money for Fun But no money for sleep time

One question that has not been asked is How much are you prepared / spend to have Tickets to Disney ?
Disney tickets are expensive, but there's not really anything you can do about that. Accommodations come in a very wide range of prices. The easiest way to stay within your budget for the trip is to choose a cheaper place to stay. It's certainly part of the reason that we stay offsite. We can get a 3-bedroom condo for $75/night. That leaves more money for tickets, food, etc.

that offer FREE parking? By reasonably priced I mean a room for 3 adults & 2 kids UNDER 70 -80 a night including all taxes and fees or am I just dreaming? In FACT it would be fine even if the hotel was a bit far from DS, as long as they had a RELIABLE shuttle to WDW or even DS...

BTW, a 'cheap' hotel that looks nice and is only 70 a night but then charges 20-30 a day just for parking is not a good deal for us... Thanks!
Comfort Suites Maingate East was very reasonable although still a little out of the $70-$80 a night range. I think it was around $90 depending on the time of year you are going. Free parking, Kid friendly and next to Old Town. And they DID have a shuttle to the parks although I am not sure how reliable it is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!