Are You Ever Coming Home?...No! I am playing with Wizards, Farkles and Sparkling Friends

We were supposed to go here on our trip last month but also cancelled the day before. I think we were just tired of doing table service meals, so decided to just do QS and free up any scheduled time. Good thing too because we were stuffed from breakfast (Boma buffet)!

We have done Boma once and weren't big fans. Similar to what we think of Tusker House too. Just not our types of food.

There was a live Doug show?! I loved that tv show!

Yep! LOL. I believe it was late 90's..I think we saw it in 99.

If it was fake, it wasn't a normal part of the show, as when we saw it there was no pregnant women. I don't think I've heard other people have pregnant storylines.

I figured it had to be real, but it just looked fake for some reason. LOL.

More like a snowstorm! It was pretty windy and blowing hard at our area of the theater! Lots of snoap on my nose and hair!

I liked the sing along, but it was a bit underwhelming as I've seen the full Frozen stage show at California Adventure, which is pretty awesome! I also think our audience, or at least our section of the audience, wasn't as into it and wasn't singing along!

it felt good though because it was so hot outside!
I am still mad they took out Aladdin. I LOVED that show there!

We arrived back at Music and went to our room. I was very disappointed with our location. I booked a preferred room and when I do that at a Value I usually put in 3 requests. First floor, Pool side, and then the building I want. We all know when you put those requests in, you put them in the order of importance and that they are only requests….but Disney usually delivers for us. Not always, but usually we get most of our requests. For me, first floor at a Value is my number 1 want! I love to be on the first floor and I really like it when I am poolside. Just my personal preferences.

Well we went to our room and right away I knew the number has us on the 2nd floor. Not happy about that, but perhaps we are still poolside….oh and we are in the building I requested. Nope, not poolside either. In fact, we are on the back side of the building in the VERY last room. Sure it’s closer than the standard rooms are, but I was so unhappy with our location. I let it be though. We were only here 2 nights. If we had our whole vacation stay here though, I would have gone back and asked to be moved.

We made the trek to our room and our bags were waiting for us.

music49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some quick room shots.

music50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And our view outside.

music56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It could have been worse…but I like to be in the action of things.

music57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A quick walk around to get some pictures.

music59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

You can see it looks a little grey out. I had been told by some people that it had just poured here recently. We had missed the rain at Hollywood Studios, so we lucked out.

music66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed back to the room and we just relaxed. Claire had earlier seen pictures on Snapchat of Jeanne’s kids with Caleb. She was super jealous that they met up again….at Disney Springs. She assumed they had lunch together and she was feeling left out. I had been messaging with Jeanne off and on and she told me they just ran into each other and took a few pictures. Claire felt better then, but was still sad. She was missing her friends.

It felt so good to just relax and we made the decision not to go back to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to see the fireworks, but we knew it would be better to just lay low and go to sleep early since our plans were to head to Animal Kingdom first thing tomorrow morning.

After while I went out again for a walk.

music69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I decided to get some ice-cream and I texted Claire and sent her a picture of the flavors to ask her what she wanted.

music80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was so hot out that by the time I got back to the room I had ice-cream dripping down my arms.

We ate those and then I went out again and got a few night time shots.

music76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My pictures are not very good, but in person it all looked really pretty.

music77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was time to call it a night then. I told Claire to put her phone away so that we could get some sleep. We had one more full day left and tomorrow we would be going non-stop all day long!

Goodness, I really got behind here. Fortunately I am all caught up again.

It was another hot day today. Several of my friends were interested in running the 5K on Castaway Cay, but the heat and humidity was making them have second thoughts.

The 5K is one of the main reasons why I really want to go to Castaway Cay one last time. However, I can imagine that it would not be a lot of fun if it is hot and humid.

Castaway was looking beautiful as we docked.

This looks so beautiful.

I hadn’t realized the snorkeling lane was so long and you have to swim quite a ways before you see anything good. The ground was also full of sea grass.

I had never realised this. I had always assumed that the area was relatively compact. I would not have been too pleased about the sea grass.

I would have loved to have gone further out where all the red buoys were. Those marked areas of interest, but Claire was just struggling too much and complaining even more. We just gave up and started to swim back to shore. Sadly we didn’t make it out to much today.

That is a shame that you did not get to see much. There were some nice fish though.

I was trying to capture birds in flight in this picture…they basically look like specks.

I know that feeling. At least you got specks. I have taken more bird photos than I care to remember where I just ended up with blue sky.

She totally lost out as after their ride, they smuggled Caleb back to the Cabana they were at. I knew it was killing Claire that they were all having fun and she was stuck with me. LOL. I told her she should have went on the bike ride.

I can imagine that she was not happy.

Literally, just as we stepped inside the rain came…and hard. The people behind us were getting wet.....that’s how close we were to getting poured on.

Looks like perfect timing.

What a great photo.

I set to the task of packing. I hate packing, and after 10 days, it was even worse than normal.

Packing is not my favourite task at the best of times, but I have always hated it even more when I had to do it after a day at Castaway Cay.

All good things must come to an end and today was that day for this cruise.

I can't believe that this is already over.

We were taking DCL transportation back to Disney today and we had to be on the bus by 9 AM so eating in the dining room was out of the question for us today.

That must be new. We usually took Disney transportation back to the resort and we always had breakfast in the dining room.

As we left the room, we noticed that the room next to us with the terrible family had a bunch of ship officers outside and also customs officers…..hmm wonder what is going on?

The plot thickens ...

I later heard through the grapevine that it probably wasn’t him, but that his room was picked in a random customs inspection because they were not US citizens.

That would be so annoying. Usually we either have to be somewhere relatively sharpish or we have a plane to catch and having a random inspection like this would throw everything into disarray.

I had gotten an email that our room was NOT ready yet. Never had one of those before.

I have had a few of those since the introduced the alerts.

With our stay here at Music, I have now stayed at all the Value resorts. Also with my stay at Riverside pre-cruise, I have now stayed at all the Moderates.

That is quite an achievement.

We made our way to the Great Movie Ride. At this point it had not been announced that they were closing it, but I had heard rumors over the past few years that it may be going, so we wanted to ride it at least one last time.

That was perfect timing. This was not one of my must dos either , but I would have loved to get one last chance to ride this.

The line moved fairly fast and as we were close they were ready to send out a tram and asked for a party of 2. We’re a party of 2!

That was a bit of luck.

We noticed this door and we touched it and were surprised it was made of marbles. Of course after we discovered this several other people now had to come and touch it too. LOL.

That sounds really neat.

We love this ride. The standby line was much shorter than normal now that the 3rd track was open

That is good to know.

Corinna

Goodness, I really got behind here. Fortunately I am all caught up again.

I hear you! Paige had her baby last week and we have all been so busy. It's hard to keep up with the daily routines right now.

The 5K is one of the main reasons why I really want to go to Castaway Cay one last time. However, I can imagine that it would not be a lot of fun if it is hot and humid.

Do you have any DCL cruises for the future planned? Next year I do have one, but I have to see how things play out to be sure I am going on it. That one won't stop at CC though.

This looks so beautiful.

I swear we saw so much beauty this trip.

I had never realised this. I had always assumed that the area was relatively compact. I would not have been too pleased about the sea grass.

I knew you had to go a ways out to get to the good stuff, but I hadn't realized it was pretty boring on the way out.

I know that feeling. At least you got specks. I have taken more bird photos than I care to remember where I just ended up with blue sky.

hahahaha

I can imagine that she was not happy.

Heck I wanted to be smuggled in too.

Looks like perfect timing.

So glad we missed the downpour.

What a great photo.

Thanks

Packing is not my favourite task at the best of times, but I have always hated it even more when I had to do it after a day at Castaway Cay

I know! It was so sad knowing this long cruise was coming to an end. It seemed to fly by.

I can't believe that this is already over.

I know!

That must be new. We usually took Disney transportation back to the resort and we always had breakfast in the dining room.

I think in the last year it was implemented. But it is not well advertised and had I not known it ahead of time I would have never been told on the ship.

The plot thickens ...

I wish I knew how it all really turned out.

That would be so annoying. Usually we either have to be somewhere relatively sharpish or we have a plane to catch and having a random inspection like this would throw everything into disarray.

The family was gone from the room at that time and Claire saw some of them walking around at breakfast. So not sure if they knew it was going on...and we still don't know if grandpa was arrested.

I have had a few of those since the introduced the alerts.

It is nice to get those now.

That is quite an achievement.

Now the deluxes....that's gonna take me a while. Especially since I have been so cheap lately. I have done OKW, Poly, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club and Beach Club....I think thats it on my deluxe list.

That was perfect timing. This was not one of my must dos either , but I would have loved to get one last chance to ride this.

I was glad we got one last ride.

That was a bit of luck.

It was. usually they call for 2 and we blank out and miss it. LOL.

That is good to know.

It seems to be moving faster now. We love this ride, but I still hate waiting more than 30 minutes.

July 9, 2017, Day 14

We had a goal today…to get to Animal Kingdom BEFORE opening. Claire actually got right up and got moving too. I think she knew this would be her only chance at riding Flight of Passage again for a long time and she really liked the ride.

We headed out to the bus stop. I really prefer the bus stops at Values than I do at any of the other resorts. I like that it is one stop (usually, with All Stars sometimes making more than one) and they just seem to work out better when it comes to getting on the bus as well.

music81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

music82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The line wasn’t too long, so we figured we had just missed a bus and it did take a while for one to finally arrive. We got on the bus and soon were at Animal Kingdom….with several thousand of our new best friends. We had to wait to get in since we were here an hour early.

flight7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They did let us through the gates early and then we hightailed it towards Pandora where we were stopped again.

flight11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then about 10 minutes later we go to move a little further in.

flight12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

About 10 till 9 they did allow us into Pandora.

flight1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a madhouse but if you are aggressive (but not overly aggressive) you can get yourself into line.

flight13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once in line, it moved really fast and it wasn’t long before we were in the building.

flight2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a shortened queue route and missed all the stuff we had kind of hoped to see today, but that was OK. We would rather have a short wait.

flight14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Soon we were at the front and inside the first room.

flight15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When it scanned us, it said something was wrong and to hold still while they scanned again….just like it did before. Another person told us that means that they are not ready for us to move to the next room. If all runs smoothly it doesn’t say that.

It wasn’t long before we were through all the rooms and onto the ride. We basically had the same seats we had the first time we rode it, only this time on a different floor. I did take a look up and down this time to see how it was set up. The ride was amazing once again and I am so glad we got to get on it again.

We still had some time before we HAD to leave for the Magic Kingdom so we decided to head over to Everest one last time. As we walked out of Pandora there were musicians playing to the people in line. The line went all the way to Africa and BACK! Holy cow!

flight16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We spotted this bird and I stalked him to get some pictures. LOL.

flight17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The tour groups were out in full force again today.

flight19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Not much of a wait for Everest and soon we were loading.

flight21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And of course we had a lot of fun once again. We just love this ride.

We then started making our way towards the front of the park.

flight4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

flight10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We exited the park and headed towards the bus to Magic Kingdom.

flight22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It wasn’t too long before the bus arrived and I think only 2 other people got on as well. I thought we might be the only ones switching parks this early in the day, but I was wrong!

We were having lunch at Be Our Guest today and I had never done the pre-order prior to the trip. I decided while riding we should do that. It makes the line faster if you do so, so I gave Claire her choices and we made an order and were all set for lunch then.

I hear you! Paige had her baby last week and we have all been so busy. It's hard to keep up with the daily routines right now.

I saw on Facebook that she had her baby. I am sure things are crazy busy at the moment.

Do you have any DCL cruises for the future planned?

Nothing concrete. At some stage I would love to try out either the Dream or the Fantasy, but I don't see this happening in the next couple of years.

We love this ride, but I still hate waiting more than 30 minutes.

I am with you on that. It be interesting how busy this ride will be in Tokyo.

We were having lunch at Be Our Guest today and I had never done the pre-order prior to the trip. I decided while riding we should do that. It makes the line faster if you do so, so I gave Claire her choices and we made an order and were all set for lunch then.

I did not know that you could still pre-order on the day. The last time I went, I pre-ordered about 30 days in advance.

Corinna

I loved those guys and always saw them when walking along that path! The guitarist had the best smile and loved posing for photos!

They looked like they were having fun!

I saw on Facebook that she had her baby. I am sure things are crazy busy at the moment.

It has been busy and Gracie's b-day was 2 days later. We are actually having her party tomorrow at my house. I should probably start cleaning.

Nothing concrete. At some stage I would love to try out either the Dream or the Fantasy, but I don't see this happening in the next couple of years.

I hear you. I need more money and time to make all my dreams come true

I am with you on that. It be interesting how busy this ride will be in Tokyo.

Yes. I hope they solved the problems with crowds by then.

I did not know that you could still pre-order on the day. The last time I went, I pre-ordered about 30 days in advance.

I wasn't sure myself, but it worked and I was glad!

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and headed towards the entrance.

happily63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a fastpass we needed to get to soon…but we did have a little time yet.

happily11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Wait! I sure could use a snack since we haven’t had breakfast. Let’s try some corndog nuggets. Would you believe I have NEVER had these before?

happily64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We shared them and they were really good. We need to get these again!

happily14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Time to head to new Fantasyland.

happily15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our first fastpass was the Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

happily65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Soon we were rocking and rolling around the crazy track. I know not everyone likes this ride, but we love it. It is way too short, but we find it great fun.

Claire was still hungry and I had promised her another pretzel today, so we stopped off for that.

happily17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After that tasty treat, we decided to ride the Little Mermaid.

happily66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then a quick trip on Barnstormer.

happily71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then off to Dumbo. They actually waved us over to the fastpass side and we didn’t have too long to wait.

happily18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our view from high in the sky.

happily19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hi Claire!

happily20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got a smile!!!

happily31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was now time to make our way over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for our next fastpass.

happily72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a little bit of time before it opened, so we decided to cool off in the gift shop. We found these soaps and chapstick and just started laughing….and of course had to take pictures of them.

happily73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our time arrived then and we headed back out into the sweltering heat to ride BTMR.

happily78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we had a blast as always! It is the wildest ride in the west!!!

Now it was time to head back over for our late lunch. Look how hot it is today!

happily79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

To me the “feels like” temp should have said….baking in an oven!

We headed back towards Be Our Guest for lunch and checked in.

happily35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Because we had preordered lunch we could bypass the line and went right in to pay. They confirmed what we wanted and then we found a table.

happily59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We have been to Be Our Guest several times for dinner, but this was our first time to visit it as a quick service. We were a bit confused on what to do and found out after asking that we could go to the drink stations and get our cups and drinks. I went around and took a few pictures as well, but it is so dark in there that many are not good.

happily40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

36433286014_2183932f1c_o by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a bit, our food arrived. Claire is picky, but she got grilled cheese and soup and was happy with that.

happily51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also ordered 3 cupcakes to share as we like so many of them and decided why not.

happily53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think I got the turkey sandwich.

happily61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was all really good and we did our best to eat as much as possible, but priority was the cupcakes. LOL.

When we were finished we headed out, but not before getting a picture of the pantless prince.

happily62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had a water station outside for those who waited.

happily57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then moved on and took some pictures.

happily81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw this service dog and he was wearing slippers….probably to protect his feet from the hot pavement.

happily80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was time for our last scheduled fastpass, Space Mountain.

happily84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a lot of fun, but we always laugh a lot as it is so rough on your body.

happily103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Let’s try some corndog nuggets. Would you believe I have NEVER had these before?

You have definitely missed out. I love those.

We had a little bit of time before it opened, so we decided to cool off in the gift shop. We found these soaps and chapstick and just started laughing….and of course had to take pictures of them.

happily73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had not realised that they were available at Magic Kingdom, too. They have always given me a chuckle at Epcot.

Corinna

You have definitely missed out. I love those.

I know. My friend Brook always raves about them, but we never even thought to go in and try. So glad we did.

I had not realised that they were available at Magic Kingdom, too. They have always given me a chuckle at Epcot.

I had never seen them before, but we don't usually go into many of the gift shops in the countries in Epcot. We had fun looking at them.

After Space Mountain, we decided to do something we never have before, Stitch’s Great Escape. I have been on this attraction way back when it was Alien Encounter, and that was the scariest thing I have ever done. I told Claire I wasn’t sure how this compared, but I knew it wasn’t as scary. We also knew it was on the chopping block and right now only running seasonally. We figured we should do it now before it was gone forever….which it is now.

We got in line and were standing next to a couple and the guy smelt as if he hadn’t showered in DAYS! I know it’s 100+ degrees and none of us were smelling too pleasant, but seriously, this guy’s smell just radiated off of him. This was Claire’s reaction.

happily104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We actually put hand sanitizer under our noses to mask the smell. Of course he was like a magnet and when we went inside he stood right next to us again. When we finally went into our room to get our seats I made Claire walk the other way around the circle so we would have some distance from him.

The attraction started and though it has some similar effects, it is very different than when it was Alien Encounter. It was not scary at all….and kind of dumb. We are glad we did do it now since it has since closed, but even if it was still open we probably would never go back.

We then headed off to Laugh Floor, one of Claire’s favorites.

happily105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a real good show. There was a tour group in there and one of the monsters was talking to one of the kids in it. He said they were from Puerto Rico. The monster then made up this song about him and he said how Miguel came to visit but brought all of Puerto Rico with him. I can’t remember the exact words anymore but we were roaring with laughter.

We moved on then. I can’t remember exactly what we did next, but I know I kept checking the app for fastpasses available and used that. We may have rode Buzz Lightyear.

At some point we passed the Fairy Godmother.

happily85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got a fastpass for Pirates and headed that way.

happily106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They now take your picture on Pirates….obviously by the look on my face I did not know that.

happily130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I had to take a picture of the Redhead since they are threatening to remove her from the ride.

happily107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And this is Dave the pirate, who I try to get a picture of each ride. He says “here Kitty kitty kitty” and is drinking rum. My brother inlaw, Dave, is a big cat fan and he used to drink a lot of rum, so we named this pirate Dave, in his honor, several years ago.

happily108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The pirate tutorial was going on when we exited and I grabbed a few pictures.

happily86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our next fastpass we could get was for the jungle cruise. It’s actually been quite a while since I rode this in the daylight. We almost always do it in the dark.

happily110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I accidently took a flash picture in the cave. Oops! I hate when people do that. I hardly ever use a flash anyways, but my camera keeps turning the auto flash back on when I change settings and I totally forgot to look and turn it off.

happily98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a fun ride and definitely the most pictures I have taken on that ride in a long time.

While on the ride, I made our next fastpass for the Magic Carpets. They had an issue where one didn’t lock right, so they had to have everyone get off and run a cycle and then let them all back on.

happily112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our turn.

happily113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hey Claire….let me take your picture.

happily114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

No smiles this time. LOL.

happily115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we got off, we stopped and got a Dole Whip Float! MMMM!

Looking at the crowds from the pictures you posted it doesn't look too bad.

I have to agree with you on Stich's Great Escape. That ride is just terrible. Surly they could come up with something better to put in that space.

After Space Mountain, we decided to do something we never have before, Stitch’s Great Escape.

You definitely timed this trip right for getting a last chance at doing certain rides.

It was not scary at all….and kind of dumb.

I have read this a ton of times. This is the reason why I have never done this even though Stitch is my absolute favourite.

They now take your picture on Pirates….obviously by the look on my face I did not know that.

I always wondered why they did not do this as the ride is perfect for this and they always have done at Disneyland Paris.

And this is Dave the pirate, who I try to get a picture of each ride. He says “here Kitty kitty kitty” and is drinking rum.

I am still having nightmares about this one. I once got stuck right in front of him for over an hour.

Corinna

Last edited:
Looking at the crowds from the pictures you posted it doesn't look too bad.

The crowds were much better after the cruise than before.

I have to agree with you on Stich's Great Escape. That ride is just terrible. Surly they could come up with something better to put in that space.

It really was awful

You definitely timed this trip right for getting a last chance at doing certain rides.

I did. We totally lucked out.

I have read this a ton of times. This is the reason why I have never done this even though Stitch is my absolute favourite.

It was pretty bad

I always wondered why they did not do this as the ride is perfect for this and they always have done at Disneyland Paris.

Me too.

I am still having nightmares about this one. I once got stuck right in front of him for over an hour.

hahahahaha

We went through the app looking for our next fastpass, but right now there wasn’t much showing up and we decided to lock in Haunted Mansion for about 7:05 tonight. We could then head to the dessert party after. We had quite a bit of time though before then, so we decided to head over to Splash Mountain and just wait it out. It had a long wait posted, but it was either wait, or do nothing.

We found a jamboree going on, so we stopped and watched.

happily128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was fun to watch! We made our way over to the mountains.

happily129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made a bathroom stop and I pulled out my deodorant….it had melted in the heat! Whoa!

happily133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got in line for Splash Mountain. The line was something like an hour long, but anything we wanted to do was going to have a long wait, so we decided this was our only chance to ride this. We have waited for this ride this long before, but it seemed much slower today. It barely moved and it was hot. It started to turn dusk and the bugs were out and I could feel my ankles being bit.

While we were waiting, Jeanne messaged me and said they had just entered the park and did we want to meet up? Sure! I told her to try and get a Haunted Mansion Fastpass for about the same time as us. I think she ended up getting one for 15 minutes later. I told her that would work and we could meet up and ride together. She knew that we had the dessert party and wondered if that would make us late. I told her as long as we got right on we should be fine. The next text she tells me is that she booked the dessert party for her and Nick and they would be joining us. Yay! The girls didn’t want to eat desserts and she said she was not paying for them to come if they weren’t going to eat.

I asked her if she knew where the bug spray stations were since we were getting eaten up. She said she thought a lot had been taken out but possibly Tomorrowland. We also asked a CM while waiting in line and she said guest services on Main Street or Tomorrowland as well. Jeanne went to guest services and she was told they were all gone now and you have to go to first aid now to get wipes. We told her that is where we would go after we got off of Splash.

We finally got closer to the ride.

happily141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then finally boarded!

happily132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire was in an extra good mood on this ride as she was going to get to see Emily and Kelsey again.

happily137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here comes the big drop!

happily140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Wooohooooo!!!!

happily138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the ride, we headed over to First Aid and went inside and you have to sign in and state what you want. It wasn’t too long and we were handed wipes and we wiped ourselves down and hoped those pesky bugs would now stay away.

We came out and found Jeanne and she said the kids were in the bathroom…and then Emily appeared and Claire was so excited!

happily143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We all headed to Haunted Mansion and they let Jeannes family in a little early to ride with us and soon we were rolling through in our Doom Buggies.

happily144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the ride, we made our way over to the Dessert party and Emily and Kelsey were going to find a spot to watch the fireworks.

happily146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got checked in and we told them we wanted to sit together so they gave us a pick of a table. The bad thing is the tables are really close together and it’s hard to walk around when you have a big booty. I felt like I was constantly bumping into people.

happily147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went up and got a couple of plates. I let Claire know that this was supper. LOL. Yes, I fed my kid cap for dinner today!

happily148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also took a few pictures of what was offered throughout the night.

happily150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These flutes were top heavy. I brought some back to the table and promptly knocked one over right onto Jeannes iPhone! UGH! I quickly grabbed napkins and we sent the kids to get more and I was swabbing it up and grabbed her phone and cleaned it with my shirt. I felt so bad. We got it all cleaned up and no damage to the phone, but I was in total panick mode at that point.

happily153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We really enjoyed the treats and went up for more. They didn’t refill too much after our first round and you basically got what was left at this point. This is something you want to be prompt too or you are going to not have a good selection of goodies. Many of our favorites were gone fast.

Nick mentioned that there was a dispenser of milk and it was yellowish, so we had to go see it.

happily154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We put a little bit in a cup and it was white and it tasted fine, but it was not appetizing at all in that dispenser. We had fun making jokes about it.

We had our fill and Jeanne actually filled a cup up with macaroons to take to the girls. We were led to our fireworks viewing area and sat down. We noticed then the grass is not real..it’s FAKE! I was shocked that it was not real. I guess real grass may be hard to keep alive with people here trampling around every night, plus in the day too when people often come to rest. It wasn’t really soft fake grass though either.

We sat and chatted and the girls sent us a shot of where they were sitting. I think they had a better view than us. LOL. Tonight was much less busy than the night we tried to watch them before the cruise, so they lucked out and found an excellent spot.

The sun started to set.

happily156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

From where we sat, this was our view.

happily157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now I had been told that people pretty much sit from these areas and watch. (in the old days it used to be done that way too). I was hoping that those standing in front of us would eventually sit down.

The sunset was so beautiful and we kept taking pictures of it.

happily142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Someone took a picture of us while we waited.

happily159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As it got darker there seemed to be more people getting in our way.

happily160 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We gave up as once the show started everyone else stood up too to watch. It would be so nice if everyone would just sit.

happily182 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily183 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took video of some of the show with one hand and shot with my point and shoot with the other. Of course a few minutes in, my point and shoot battery died so I tried to change it one handed and I think I ended up handing my phone to Claire after I was having troubles changing it.

happily184 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily185 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily186 by Jenseib, on Flickr

One word about this show…..AMAZING!!!!!!

happily25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here is the video I shot. It’s not great, especially since I was bending over trying to find a battery while shooting. LOL.

The best steady segment is when Claire held the phone. LOL.

We had a little girl behind us and everytime it would change themes to a new character she would call out the name. She was so cute.

happily162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The projection show mixed with the fireworks just was amazing.

happily22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily167 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily169 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily187 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily170 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily188 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily189 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily211 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Disney really hit it out of the ballpark with this show.

happily190 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily191 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily212 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily213 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily214 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily215 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily216 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily217 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily219 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was pretty impressed that with the pictures both my phone and point and shoot were getting during this show too.

happily5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily194 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily220 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily221 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily223 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily225 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily227 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily228 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily229 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily230 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I don’t know if I ever oooed and ahhhed so much in my life. It just kept being amazing the whole time.

happily197 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily180 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily231 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily232 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily233 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily176 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here comes Tink.

happily177 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily200 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily178 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily236 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily237 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily201 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily238 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily239 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily202 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love this next picture!

happily241 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily242 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily171 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily172 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily173 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily174 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Wow!!!! That was breathtaking!!!!

happily175 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I will admit, I wasn't a huge Wishes fan. I liked it, but it was just not something we made an effort to see. Most times we watched it from afar or while on the go. This show, for me, was a zillion times better than Wishes. It totally blew my mind how great it was. For us, this is a must do now…and we will consider the dessert parties for sure in the future. In the past, I really had no desire to go to one of those parties, but we really enjoyed it and the location for seating for the fireworks.

After the show, Claire and I were supposed to head to Peter Pan. I had made a fastpass for it while on Haunted Mansion. It was no longer showing up in the app…that’s weird. Oh well, we decided to just head off with Jeanne and Nick and met up with Emily and Kelsey.

happily204 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided to end our night on the Peoplemover.

happily205 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily206 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The kids rode together and Jeanne and I rode together.

happily207 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily243 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily244 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a nice relaxing ride.

happily208 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily209 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we whizzed around I looked at my email. I had one from Disney telling me that Peter Pan had been down and I could use that fastpass for anything. UGH. I wish I had looked earilier. I KNEW I made one for it! LOL.

As we came up near Space Mountain, we saw the lights were on!

happily210 by Jenseib, on Flickr

You can’t tell by this picture, but the walls were filthy! Dust bunnies hanging all over the place.

I tried to get a picture of the kids and sure enough just as I was to click their car took off fast and separated from us. LOL.

happily253 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some more shots of Space Mountain with the lights on.

happily254 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily255 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily256 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It’s probably a good thing the lights are off when we ride. Hahahaha

happily257 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily258 by Jenseib, on Flickr

happily245 by Jenseib, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!