• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you guys ready

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
for Christmas? I have my shopping done except for a few stocking stuffers, but still have some wrapping, and lots of cleaning to do. We are hosting a dinner party Sat. night and have my DH's family Christmas on Sunday. AAAAH, I'm starting to panic now. LOL

How's everyone else's preparations coming along?

Aahh about describes it. I have most of the shopping done except for some gift certificates and a few more things for my son which are easy to pick up and some stocking stuff.

The tree is not up though we are hopefully doing that tonight, lots of cleaning to be done and all of the wrapping. I also have to work during the day Christmas Eve and then race home to cook for 10. I'm hoping this weekend will be a blaze of accomplishment. Luckily my DS is used to my usual Christmas madness.

Still it is not as bad as the year that I wrote an exam on the 23rd and then wrapped for the rest of the day and drove home early on the 24th -- that was the nightmare year when my DS was 6. After that year it's been a piece of cake.

Cdnmickeylover

My Tickets 'cause I think I'll let the "Cat out of the Bag"

Can't decide!LOL

Might be getting a Xmax Bonus and if I do....

Thinking about buying Annual Pass to WDW!

We are going in April and Maybee again later on in the year! With all the spending I've been doing will probably have enough Air Miles for free flight!

What to do what to do??????

Scratch
:smooth:

Not as ready as I'd like to be.

I still have lots of shopping to do (a lot of this is my parent's shopping for the family), wrapping.....yikes.....and cleaning!

We're having 21 for Christmas dinner at my Mother's house, and we're still trying to figure out who's bringing what.

A party to go to on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, and I know the whole time I'll be thinking about what's left to be done, instead of enjoying myself.

Christmas seems to have arrived rather abruptly this year! Am I the only one who feels this way? At this point I'd gladly take a rain check! :)

BIG SIGH! I am DONE! Only have wrapping left to do and I'll get most of that done during tomorrow nights 3 hours of Survivor.

All the parties are OVER! Only three school functions left. I'll go to dd's tomorrow afternoon, and ds's Friday morning and dh will go to dd's Friday morning. Then school stuff is OVER!

Once Friday afternoon comes, it's smoooooooooooth sailing!

MERRY CMAS! S

I thrive on last minute shopping and since I havent been feeling too well the past few days,I am going to be going on all cylinders in the next few days.I have only gotten the kids a few things but at least the gamecube and games have been bought and wrapped.

Well the shopping is finished, the wrapping is done. We're having Christmas Eve dinner at my sister's on the mainland and opening gifts (never done this before, always on Christmas Day) cause we're flying out Christmas morning to Orlando!

I do, however, have vast quantities of packing and cleaning to do yet and very little time left to do it! At least it's my last day of work tomorrow, to be followed by our staff Christmas dinner.

Hope you all get all your shopping, wrapping, etc. done on time!

Christmas is the busiest time for us...DD birthday is the 23rd so, last night (friday) was her bparty- 6 girls for a sleepover:rolleyes:
what was I thinking....but we had a beautiful "Princess Party".
I agree with Snowark, it really did sneak up on me! I've got to also pick up a few gifts from the Grandparents to DD but because of our trip in Nov. we agreed as a family that was our presents to each other. All the food shopping is done. Just a few more "get togethers", recleaning ( after this party last night/today), work stuff reports to submit, an exam to write but if it all doesn't happen Christmas will come anyways, and I'm NOT going to stress out about it like I did trying to get to WDW. (I learnt my lesson last month: holidays are suppose to be FUN)

Have Fun Madge!

Judging by how quiet it is around here these days, everybody is very busy doing the Christmas thing! :)

I'm sending DH to the mall today to pick up a few more last minute items. I don't think I can bear to go there AGAIN, at least not right now!

I still have a ton of wrapping to do, one more party to attend, and a little bit of baking that might (or might not!), get done.

After that I have to figure out how we are going to feed 21 people on Christmas Day. It isn't going to be a pretty sight....LOL! :eek: :D

Happy Birthday to your DD, MaMudduck! :)
My DH's Goddaughter's bday is on Monday also. :)

Kim :)

Well, all the gifts are bought and I still have to wrap a couple of more but other than that it's done!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We have been so so busy renovationg our kitchen (and finding a heck of a lot of unwanted problems!!!! Grrrrrr:mad: ). I haven't had much PC time at all this week and the weekend has been one big clean up so we can get by on Christmas Day. We're having to use 1/2 of a kitchen as my cupboards and flooring will be coming Jan 8-10 but I keep telling myself that this will all work out.:( I'm just a little stressed out right now but hopefully will recover soon!;)

Oops.......I almost forgot, we celebrated my DH's Birthday this past Friday too!

I hope everyone else is all ready for the "big day".:wave:

Uh Sammi? Are you sure you're not living in my house? We're just finishing a kitchen reno too, and it was my dd's bDay on the 13th and dh's on the 19th. I know the stress you're talking about. Our kitchen is able to function now, but still lots of finishing jobs to complete. At least now it is starting to look like it will be worth it, but I am NOT eager to do any more renovating any time soon.

LOL Pooh I fully understand what you're going through!;)

We are real suckers for punishment, as after the kitchen gets finished we'll be starting on both bathrooms too!:eek:

But in betwen (March 14-April 5) we'll be Florida bound and not too soon either as we'll sure need and deserve a vacation!:D

Good luck with your new kitchen.........and yes it will be worth it in the end.......it just takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears to finally see the "light" at the end of the tunnel! Hee hee!:sunny:

I'm done, I'm done, soooo done! Just like that commercial I wanted to go tell the world. Of course thats just the shopping. Stayed up till midnight wrapping last night and still have some left for tonight! Yeah, of course still need to clean and all of that fun stuff. Hope you all had a good time in Niagara Falls, sorry we couldn't be there. We have only had a brief drive through the lights and hope to do the full circuit some time this week. Isn't it typical when you live so close you never get there! Planning a trip for 10/03 and will add 2 days at universal. Hope to stay at RPR. Anyone been there? Well, Merry Christmas to everyone! hope to be more regular on the boards now the big rush is over!

I THOUGHT I was done. Turns out, I need more stocking stuffers. Now I have to head to the mall - ugh!!! I HATE last minute shopping, I turn into an absolute bear with a sore head! All I can say is, anyone who is a "stroller" in the mall - stay out of my way, I might accidentally run you over!!

I hope everyone has a truely magical holiday season. I wish you you all peace, joy and lots and lots of goodies! ;) Merry Christmas everyone!!

Jane

I finally got the tree up yesterday, finished my shopping and got my baking done today and here I sit at midnight, wrapping all the presents!

In the morning, I will put the prestuffed turkey on and make the gravy so I don't have to do that on Christmas Day. While it's cooking, I'll get some last minute cleaning done, wash all my good dishes and put the extra leaves in the dining room table and set it for Christmas dinner when my family comes over.

Yes, I think I'm finally almost ready for Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Finally I'm ALMOST ready. Of course, that's assuming that cleaning is strictly optional. I just need to go out today to fill the car with gas, pick up a fruit platter and maybe get some American money. There's just a little bit of cooking for today (cheese & bacon strata for Christmas breakfast and the cranberry sauce), too, but DH and I stayed up late last night to wrap the last of the presents.

At 4:15 this morning, I suddenly realized that our auto insurance policy would roll over in January while we're away in WDW, and I started panicking about whether we'd received the new certificates. Then I started wondering where we'd stored the Disney passes, so I just decided to get up and find them both. After all, who needs more than 4 hours of sleep anyway? :rolleyes:

Christmas itself should be fairly peaceful, but Boxing Day will be spent packing, because we're off on the 27th for our WDW/Disney Cruise vacation. Since Boxing Day is such a zoo, we're hoping to limit our outings to a quick trip to the drug store for some last minute toiletries.

The kids are certainly excited, LOL. They're both up, washed, dressed and watching TV already at 6:00 a.m.. Early bedtime for everyone tonight!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise Cindy. Oh yeah, and get some sleep tonite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter