Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

Jfldis I agree with your posting. No one knows when our lives will return to some resemblance of normal. In the mean time we adjust and endure. A future Disney trip is one of those things that keeps me/us going. Will the trip happen, who knows? In the mean time, the planning for the trip brings joy to our days. :flower1: Stay safe everyone.

I agree completely miso...I hope your planning pays off and everything goes as smooth as can be...I myself am having a hard time getting psyched to redo FPS and stuff cause I had it all perfect. Best wishes to all here for health happiness and safety. this board has been an invaluable resource in my planning for many years...

We moved our May trip to August and canceled our November and January trips. If the parks aren’t open but resorts are, we will go for a resort only stay at Copper Creek. But I’ll play it by ear and see how things look in June and decide from there. I don’t really want to lose what is now the only vacation my family will have this year. We’ve never stayed at CCV and it’s a special trip for us because it’s our last trip to Disney before we have two kids in school (we did a similar trip before our older one entered kindergarten, too). I’m just thrilled we were able to get a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek since I just decided last week to try to book a trip for August.

I’m not sure we will keep our BOG dinner reservation or even our Bon Voyage breakfast reservation but these are the two things my kids asked to do this trip. If character meals aren’t happening then we won’t be keeping them because, while the food is okay, I’m don’t think either of them are worth the cost for 4 adults (we are taking my MIL and FIL with us) and 2 kids without the character interaction.

Two interesting pieces of information I learned this week that have me a bit concerned about (hoping to) make summer plans. The first is that our local waterpark, for which we have season passes, contacted us to tell us they will not be opening on schedule and will contact us again later on for more updates. They have a short season as it is here in NY, so that does not bode well. Second thing is that the State University near me has already decided it is only holding online classes this summer, and all orientations and activities are being done remotely.

We didn't get to go to Florida last year. It was the first year we missed since since DD was 1 year old. She is now 13. So I am long overdue for a Florida vacation. Some of you know how badly I wanted to go rent a home in Florida for a month and be in quarantine there instead of here in NJ. So who besides me, is hoping all of this will be behind us by June so we can move forward with our July/August Vacation Plans. If we have to cancel, I am going to need to find a support group to get me thru the separation anxiety.

I am still holding onto hope of having an August vacation in the midst of all of this COVID-19 stuff. I have continuing to make vacation plans for August (8/12 -8/29 or possibly 8/12-9/5). We planned to do a 14 day unlimited admission tickets for SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch Gardens/Adventure Island. We always stay at timeshare resorts for the space and convenience. So far I have found owners to rent from for the 2 weeks we will be there. I plan to stay at Orange Lake Resort for a week, Westgate Vacation Villas for a week. I will need another place for 8/29 - 9/5 if we can extend our stay. I know I will find something. I may be able to spend 2 weeks at either Orange Lake or Westgate, which will be fine since I can't get enough of either one. For those of you who are familiar with my posts, you know I prefer the timeshare resorts over hotels. I love having a condo size unit with full living room, dining room and full kitchen. I love to sit out on my balcony with a cup of coffee while watching the sun come up. I also like to sit on my balcony after the kids are in bed and enjoy a relaxing and refreshing umbrella drink while enjoying the view. Needless to say, having a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom is a huge plus. After spending a day walking in the parks, a jacuzzi tub is definitely a plus In 2018 we went to SeaWorld and had a blast. My DD13 enjoys thrill rides and I enjoy the scenery and atmosphere of SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Also, Waterparks are a "MUST DO" when traveling in August so the included admission to Aquatica and Adventure Island come in pretty handy. The 14 day unlimited ticket include parking so there is no extra expense. I thought my DD13 wanted to go to Disney this year since we haven't been to Disney in about 4 years. To my surprise she would rather go back to SeaWorld again. When she was 9 we went to Disney and I dressed her up like Tiana. There were people who thought she was the REAL little girl version Tiana character. I little boy from the UK wanted to his mom to ask her to sign his autograph book. HOW CUTE!!!! Now she is 5'5, and if I could dress her up like Tiana, Disney may want to hire her. She really can look like the REAL character. Anyway, share your story about your July/August vacation plans. I am sure we are all hoping this COVID-19 will be over and we can go.

I sooo hope for you to come... and I pray that all the parks will have survived...

Not so sure if the tickets options for Sea World and such will still be available... with the CEO quitting this week, and they have laid off like 90 percent of their employee... the only people working are the zoo-keepers.... I think that it is the same at Busch Garden with just the Zoo keepers working.... the rumor mill is spinning here, and there is a strong possibility that they both may not recover...

I've got a trip booked for mid-July, and I'd say we're about 60-40 whether we're going to be able to go. Mostly based on the IHME data. The important thing that I've been noticing about that data is that the curve is flattening faster than expected. For instance, the state-by-state data was still projecting deaths for my state on July 1 a week ago. Now it's projecting minimal numbers after June 1.

So I heard today that after publicizing the projections just last week that 100k to 200k were possibly going to perish today they are saying hold on might be 50k to 100k. I completely understand the fluidity of the situation but it just underscores how unknowable things are right now.
I’m all for keeping politics out of these forums and out of the covid discussion entirely. However I’m finding it difficult to separate as much of the media coverage is presented through that lens and as a result infiltrates peoples mindset and influences their conversation. Please don’t read that as defiance of the no-politics directive but rather a plea to fellow posters to think outside the coverage and realize that much of the “facts” being presented are designed to convey a point of view. Not advocating or espousing any political point of view here, both sides have done this.

I am glad we had decided to skip this year and save up for a longer and better honeymoon next year.

So I heard today that after publicizing the projections just last week that 100k to 200k were possibly going to perish today they are saying hold on might be 50k to 100k. I completely understand the fluidity of the situation but it just underscores how unknowable things are right now.
I’m all for keeping politics out of these forums and out of the covid discussion entirely. However I’m finding it difficult to separate as much of the media coverage is presented through that lens and as a result infiltrates peoples mindset and influences their conversation. Please don’t read that as defiance of the no-politics directive but rather a plea to fellow posters to think outside the coverage and realize that much of the “facts” being presented are designed to convey a point of view. Not advocating or espousing any political point of view here, both sides have done this.

I think this serves to illustrate a good point- nobody has any idea what will happen. Chances are things will be starting to reopen by June, I’d be shocked if we went into July without even Disney Springs opening. I would imagine they open in phases with new policies, but again nobody will know for sure.

They are also allowing rebookings of canceled vacations with the dining promo starting June 1st. I can’t see Disney taking the risk of having to reschedule a new batch of vacations that were already rescheduled, so I’d imagine they feel confident in June also. Once again, nobody knows though.

I wouldn’t change any vacation plans until you know with 100% certainty the parks will be closed on your trip, they refunded my April 1st trip on March 28th without any hassle... so they will work with you even if the announcements are very short notice.

I sooo hope for you to come... and I pray that all the parks will have survived...

Not so sure if the tickets options for Sea World and such will still be available... with the CEO quitting this week, and they have laid off like 90 percent of their employee... the only people working are the zoo-keepers.... I think that it is the same at Busch Garden with just the Zoo keepers working.... the rumor mill is spinning here, and there is a strong possibility that they both may not recover...

Oh my!!! :oops: I hope they will all survive but I can see how it has taken a bad economic toll on them. I cant imagine what the results of all of this will be in tourist areas. Especially Orlando/Tampa areas.

With Disney preparing to begin furloughing CMs .... I would be very surprised if they are thinking sooner than later OR they could be selectively furloughing because they will offer a more limited experience.

I've cancelled our Disneyland June trip and no plans to rebook it before 2021. I already have my Disney World AP on break (first break in a decade due to excessive crowds impacting "my joy") and was planning to renew in Jan 2021. It is possible I will do this sooner in the fall if they are open at a lower capacity and less crowded.

With Disney preparing to begin furloughing CMs .... I would be very surprised if they are thinking sooner than later OR they could be selectively furloughing because they will offer a more limited experience.

I've cancelled our Disneyland June trip and no plans to rebook it before 2021. I already have my Disney World AP on break (first break in a decade due to excessive crowds impacting "my joy") and was planning to renew in Jan 2021. It is possible I will do this sooner in the fall if they are open at a lower capacity and less crowded.
They have to furlough to keep labor costs down and still provide benefits. I do not believe the furloughs are an indicator of when they plan/hope to reopen. Its more of a secure way to keep jobs safe for the cast members.

I have a mid May room only stay on the books that I am sure will be cancelled, if not by me, by Disney. I had already booked a backup room only reservation for mid June, in the event May didn’t happen. If the June trip doesn’t happen, I will just wait and see if my August trip is a go, and perhaps do a beach trip in July to visit my sister (my March trip to visit her was canceled already) if there aren’t restrictions in place. I can do the beach trip on Hilton points, so at least it won’t be expensive.

I just want to be able to travel again. I can’t even go outside because I am allergic to the big oak tree blooming in the yard. Just bringing in the trash can makes me sneeze like crazy. If I were at the beach, I could be out in the sun and breathe without needing meds.

We have late August booked (then have a 4 day cruise). Haven't cancelled but not feeling too positive about it. If things turn around and things open up and we feel safe, then we'll go. It's wait and see.

We have late August booked (then have a 4 day cruise). Haven't cancelled but not feeling too positive about it. If things turn around and things open up and we feel safe, then we'll go. It's wait and see.
Late August early September also...I think we are good for WDW...not sure about the cruise part though

Same. We have a 3 day Dream cruise book ended with stays in Cocoa Beach and OKW Aug 22-29. OKW is booked on points, cruise is booked (not PIF yet as they pushed the PIF date out to late June) and airfare already booked. I'm holding out hope for the trip for sure, but still trying to be realistic that it may not happen. Cautiously optimistic?

We have a work trip the first week in August; our company is giving us more info by May 1. I’d say 50/50 at this point but should be good for October trip for our anniversary. Just hope everyone stays healthy and safe in the meantime 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!