Arrival day travel timing advice

DIS_AWC

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Disney Springs, so we're planning to visit on our arrival evening on our next trip.

Our flight lands at 1:45 pm and we will be taking the Magical Express to Boardwalk Inn to check in and drop our things before heading out to Disney Springs by bus.

So if we are going airport -> BWI -> Disney Springs using Disney transportation, would it be feasible to have a 5:30 dinner reservation at the Boathouse? Or would a later reservation time be better? Or no reservation and just grab something somewhere without a reservation?

We usually use the "3-hour rule" after landing for planning park arrivals for arrival day, but since we've never gone to Disney Springs I wasn't sure if that same guideline would be ok or if we should budget more time.

Thanks!

I would either go later of skip a reservation altogether. What if the plane's late? But if everything is on time then 5:30 should be OK.

Agree that it depends on whether your plane is on time or if it is delayed. What I would do is cancel the reservation for The Boathouse. Once you land, go to OpenTable and book a reservation through them once you have a better idea when you might get there. Even if you are on the dining plan, you can still book your ressie through OpenTable as your dining plan is basically dependent on how you pay (with your MagicBand) and not how you make your ressies.

We do that a lot. Like you, we head to DS for dinner at Raglan Road but not knowing exactly when we are getting it makes ressies sometimes a little difficult so Raglan Road is on OpenTable and we book our table after we land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!