Arriving later at Discovery Cove?

cadenleesmom

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to go to Discovery Cove on Friday. The weather is not cooperating. I am debating on rescheduling to either Saturday or Monday. Saturday I have reserved seating at SeaWorld for the Christmas Shows. So we would do Discovery Cove until 3-4ish and then go to SeaWorld for the Christmas shows. I am worried my kids would burn out with all that in one day though. The other option would be Monday but we are going to the Disney Christmas party on Sunday night and will be up late. If we go to Discovery Cove on Monday we won't get there until later....around 9, I am guessing. Which seems like a better plan? Is it ok to get to Discovery Cove around 9 or 9:30? Will we be ok with reserving the Dolphin swim still?

Option 1 would be ok. We stayed at DC until it closed, but could have easily left at 330-400 and felt satisfied with the experience. It's just such a relaxing place that we didn't feel like we "did it all" and had to leave at 2:00 :)
It is such a relaxing place that the kids could take a nap after lunch in a hammock or lounge chair and be refreshed for SW later in the evening.

Option 2 see below for my commentary on doing Dolphin swim early

I like to reserve the Dolphin Swim the earlier the better. That allows you do that close to the first thing (after eating breakfast of course!) and then you have the rest of the time to do things at your leisure, instead of constantly watching the clock (which they have on lampposts around the park) for your dolphin time. Also there is anecdotal evidence that the dolphins are more active in the morning? Our group got to have 2 dolphins to interact with.

Given that to get a very early spot you need to get to DC around 7-715 am
We got there at 7 last year (day after Thanksgiving) and was probably 10th party in line.

We had a great time, you'll love it.

YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter