Artisan Suite 1 Bedroom ?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I am about to book this room for our trip. Can someone give the layout or even provide some photos ? How many bathrooms are there??
Thanks again

We just returned from a stay in a 3br at GCH. The 3br is esentially a 1br with two connecting rooms.

Our master bedroom had a king bed, and was connected to the parlor area by a common bathroom. The bathroom had two sinks and a sliding door that closed off the commode and shower/tub.
There was also another connection to the parlor without walking through the bathroom.

The parlor itself was a on the small side, but adequate for what we used it for. It has a fold out sofa couch, two chairs, small kitchen table, coffee table, and TV. It also had a 3 foot fridge and small sink area.

We had an awesome wrap around balcony that both the parlor and master bedroom opened up to. We were on the 4th floor directly over Wolrd of Disney. Our view was the train station, Space Mountain, and Soarin'.

The hallways to the suites are mega long. Start a workout regimen now. :teeth:

MG

Sounds like you were in 4449, 4451, and 4453. We had a 2BR in 4450 & 4452. Great views and could see the fireworks at night. Maistre Gracey, did you happen to use the stairway next to our side of the hall? We did and it worked out great. The only thing is we could not use it to return but getting out of our rooms to DL was a breeze. I kind of liked that end of the hotel....

Niele said:
Sounds like you were in 4449, 4451, and 4453. We had a 2BR in 4450 & 4452. Great views and could see the fireworks at night. Maistre Gracey, did you happen to use the stairway next to our side of the hall? We did and it worked out great. The only thing is we could not use it to return but getting out of our rooms to DL was a breeze. I kind of liked that end of the hotel....
Indeed you are correct with our room numbers!
Yes, the bellman pointed out the staircase (fire escape?) as a quick route. Once when we used it we were informed by a CM that we shouldn't, as it's a service staircase.
It was always locked from the outside, but that's probably a good thing from a security standpoint. :smokin:

MG

I guess we were lucky, nobody scolded us so we thought it was ok to go out that way.... oops. Tonyspad - if you'd like to see the room layouts, etc., type in "Grand Californian Hotel meeting services" in Google and once the page comes up, on the left side is a choice to see the guest rooms... there is some great info there.

Here are Artisan Suite Layouts

King Room - 711 sf - 15 rooms

gch-art-king-711.gif

King Room - 714 sf - 4 rooms

gch-art-king-714.gif

King Room - 793 sf - 3 rooms

gch-art-king-793.gif

You can see the interconnecting doors that allow suites to add another room.

:blush: Ok, I gota ask! How much are we plunking down for these huge rooms? Per night before the xtra fees-of course! LOL! :thumbsup2 I have always wanted to do this and my children would love it, please tell me the price.TIA :p

The 2BR this December is costing about 6K, including character meals and 4-day passes for 6 persons. I know .... ouch! but we had such a great time last time that sometimes it's worth spending some $, especially when grandkids are involved. The decor and demeanor of the GCH is really relaxing after a long day dodging people and they do have a wonderful staff.

Mary Jo said:
Here are Artisan Suite Layouts

King Room - 711 sf - 15 rooms

gch-art-king-711.gif

King Room - 714 sf - 4 rooms

gch-art-king-714.gif

King Room - 793 sf - 3 rooms

gch-art-king-793.gif

You can see the interconnecting doors that allow suites to add another room.
Mary Jo do you know if room 5344 looks over the Grizzly River Rapids Ride? My husband and I really want to get the room that you can see the entire ride head on from our balcony. Is it a suite? Any info would be helpful? Thanks

It looks at though room 5344 overlooks the pool side - you may want to ask for 5343 or 5345. From the map I've got, the rooms overlooking Grizzly Peak towards the end of the wing are odd numbers (5333,5335, ....5355) I'm sure you could call the hotel and confirm the room location.??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter