Artist Point Character Meal

Its unfortunate that you had that experience. That can happen anywhere though. I've heard that complaint from almost every restaurant in Disney (both reg and signature level). I've been to AP a few times and had excellent food and service. I agree that consistent service would be ideal....but in the restaurant world, any incident (no matter how small) can mess things up for the rest of the night, like a domino effect. It happens. Now if you're dealing with a server who's simply rude,clueless or forgetful, well that's a different story.
Oh I agree with you about timing and the experience. That is why I do not tell people to avoid this place we have eaten there 3 times the 1st time the whole experience was perfect, the 2nd time food great but the waitress was so slow and the third time the food was undercooked and the waitress spent her entire time with other tables. (because of service as a Marine I quit drinking so the my troops could not whine about me drinking and they can't). I sort of understood she was working the tip thing but it should never take 45 minutes to get q bill.

Oh I agree with you about timing and the experience. That is why I do not tell people to avoid this place we have eaten there 3 times the 1st time the whole experience was perfect, the 2nd time food great but the waitress was so slow and the third time the food was undercooked and the waitress spent her entire time with other tables. (because of service as a Marine I quit drinking so the my troops could not whine about me drinking and they can't). I sort of understood she was working the tip thing but it should never take 45 minutes to get q bill.
Wow you are a very patient person. Waiting that long for a bill is unacceptable. I couldn't wait that long. That definitely would've left me miffed. I've had that at other restaurants...in those situations if my server is MIA and im in a hurry to leave, I flag down someone else to help me out. :rolleyes: Hopefully the next time you dine there both the service and food will be stellar. Fingers crossed. :)

I like the idea, but only if they use different characters that aren't already easy to meet.
Yes!! I may be alone on this but I think a lot of the character meals need a revamp. Kids nowadays are not familiar with Pooh and Friends (crystal palace). Most of the Disney Jr characters at H&V haven't been on TV in YEARS. And why do we need so many meals with variations of the big 5? There are lots of more popular characters they could/should put in those places. Hopefully this will happen at Artist Point.

One of our best character meals was there ... I think about 1996.

We were with another family with a new baby. We were a late seating and towards the end there were very few guests.

ALL of the characters came to our table at once.

Minnie held the baby and got great photos. Goofy talked to me :scared1:

I agree that if they do this, they need a unique meet group of characters.

My challenge would be "who would be sufficiently unique?"

Chip & Dale are at Garden Grill, but that might be okay.
They're doing a bunch of Russell/Dug in the new show at AK, so that may or may not be an option.
Moana is off-theme, badly.
I don't expect a resurgence of Brother Bear, which is probably the most Wilderness Lodge option of the last 20 years. (Mostly because: No one knows who they are.)
Toy Story would seem a diversion from TSL.
Pooh is already at CP and 1900PF, both places where he fits better (vs. the American Northwest).
It's been decades since Bambi's met much of anywhere because that's a challenge, although miss Bunny and Thumper and Flower make rare appearances.

Thinking it through, I think the bunnies and chipmunks would be the best options.

I think the negativity would come from the people who love WL for it's more relaxing vibe. A character meal would make the lobby a mad house and bring in lots of traffic.

They have had Character Meals here before ..

and

the lobby can often get very loud with the noise coming out of Whispering Canyon.

Humphrey the Bear and Woodlore (Park Ranger) would fit the theme, but alas, I doubt I will ever get to meet this bear at WDW.

Found this in Allears archives for 1996 http://allears.net/din/archives/pocacb.htm Pocahontas and Friends Character Breakfast

Yup! I went there as a child and it was wonderful! I think they fit the Wilderness Lodge theme very well. I don't think they are popular enough characters now to justify bringing them back though (no matter how much I would love it). Woody's Roundup could fit, but I would have like to see something like that IN Toy Story Land (though I know that's not happening). I can't really come up with any other characters that would really for the theme that are still well known. Chip n Dale could work but they are at Garden Grill and the Fort's Campfire and I really don't think they're all that well known.

I wish all the character meal characters would get a changeup. How many little girls would rather see Moana, Elsa, Anna, and Merida than Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine? We need some Monsters, Toy Story and Star Wars for the boys too.

Yes!! I may be alone on this but I think a lot of the character meals need a revamp. Kids nowadays are not familiar with Pooh and Friends (crystal palace). Most of the Disney Jr characters at H&V haven't been on TV in YEARS. And why do we need so many meals with variations of the big 5? There are lots of more popular characters they could/should put in those places. Hopefully this will happen at Artist Point.

I totally agree! I would love some unique characters at meals.You are absolutely right about the H&V breakfast, that needs a major revamp of some current Disney Jr. characters, or even Toy Story as it would make more sense in that park.

I would love it if they made it similar to Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian. I eat there at least once a visit.

I had breakfast at AP with Pooh and pals one visit in the 90s, and it was great. May have been during one of the Crystal Palace refurbs. If this comes to fruition by Labor Day, I will be a happy person!

Yes! Toy Story...Woody's Roundup! Perfect Fit.

This would be so fun! Only issue is the Toy Story costumes are enormous. I would think it’d be very challenging to go table to table.

I don't expect a resurgence of Brother Bear, which is probably the most Wilderness Lodge option of the last 20 years. (Mostly because: No one knows who they are.)

Storytellers at the Grand Californian at Disneyland has some fun ones - we saw Kenai from Brother Bear, Meeko from Pocahontas, Chip & Dale. Sometimes they also have Koda and Brer Fox! We LOVE that breakfast! I wish they would do it at WL. Random characters but consistent with the theme of the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter