As rate so good have pre-paid annual dues

mark&sue

<font color=teal>I keep trying to convert everybod
Yesterday I pre-paid some of our annual dues as the rate seemed so good.

I just used our credit card and paid $1,000. Checked with the Abbey today and it worked out to be £510. If it goes any higher may pay off the other half.

Has anyone else pre-paid?

Susan

How did you do that, Susan?

Hi,
You can ring member services and select the accounts option. They will take the payment over the phone. We have done this the last couple of years. One thing to watch out for is if you leave a balance on your account they still try to take the full amount when it falls due. This happened to us both times on one of our contracts despite being told they had corrected the problem.

Mick.

:cool2:

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I like the idea of pre-paying so will give MS a call..

I transferred a load of money into out US bank account recently. Wanted to take advantage of the excellent exchange rate but didn't want to pre-pay the dues.

have tought of doing this and using our nationwide cc at todays rate $1000 would be $473
Paulh

have tought of doing this and using our nationwide cc at todays rate $1000 would be $473
Paulh

LOL Paul, I like Nationwide as much as you do, but I think you're being a bit over-generous to them with these figures.

The rate 5 minutes ago was £1 = $2.01249 and so that would have made Nationwide's exchange rate for $1000 (at that moment) £496.90.

Still absolutely brilliant though :thumbsup2

oups got callaed away for tea:thumbsup2 your right £496 only wishing.used my head insted of calculater
Paulh

I prepaid last year and was fine. I have checked my balance on-line and sure enough I am $1,000 in credit.

Susan

sounds a good idea, might try that this year (also helps spread the cost!)

Hi,
I think the reason we had problems was because we have multiple contracts. The pre-payment was spread over these and left the final contract with a small balance outstanding, instead of taking this balance they took the full amount. I got it sorted with MS and the told me they had changed their systems to rectify this but they also told me this the year before. Will see what happens this year.

Mick.

Hi,
Paid a chunk of our dues on Monday and got $2.033 to the £. Unless we get a hefty increase this will be the third year in row we have paid out less in £'s. Gonna be a shock if the rate drops though..:scared1:

Mick.

Do you pay using a english credit card? If you did how did you find out the cards exchange rate before your statement come in?
thanks

I didn't know the rate I just knew it was better as have been checking the exchange rates boards.

I checked what rate I got by phoning my credit card company

Susan

Do you pay using a english credit card? If you did how did you find out the cards exchange rate before your statement come in?
thanks

We use online banking (First Direct in our case) and via the site and an online 'safe' we can also access some of our other accounts which we have set up for online - eg M&S and More Mastercard, Nationwide Visa (for all foreign transactions), Virgin Amex, etc.

I check all of my accounts daily, but it often takes a day or two for cc transactions to show on the statements. The exchange rates are shown.

Well thanks to the prompting from this thread (thanks Susan :thumbsup2) I also paid off $1000 on Wednesday and it's appeared on my Nationwide statement today. $1000 at 2.04817302 = £488.24 :cool1:

If I had known the amex travel card was being discontinued perhaps I would have paid using this instead. If anything is left on it when we get back in September I will pay more of the annual dues with anything left on it.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter