As resort contracts expire...

A lot of variables, but I think the strongest likelihood is rolling them into new DCV properties one by one.

between OKW, BRV, BWV, BCV - thats a lot of rooms that will no longer be occupied by DVC members. Maybe they will go less, but many will still go. Disney will need rooms.

I see them using 3 of the resorts for rooms and redoing one and reselling.

Based on the Poly, my guess is they will not raze them. They would not even raze the old long houses to make ones that could handle one and two bedroom configurations, I cant see them razing buildings that will.

Of course this is makes more assumptions than one can count.

I think extensive refurb is more likely, especially depending on economics. They would want to have them in the current version of the association under current rules, so call it BVT1 would be getting phased out in favor of BVT2+ (Riviera and Reflections are BVT 2.0).

Guides know nothing of long term strategy. Current execs know nothing either. The people who will be calling the shots on this are currently sitting in Kindergarten eating paste.

Lets be fair to these execs. Not too many execs who are making these decisions will be in their late 20's. The one's who will be making these decisions are likely in their 20's or 30's now. I hope they aren't eating paste.

Guides know nothing of long term strategy. Current execs know nothing either. The people who will be calling the shots on this are currently sitting in Kindergarten eating paste.

If only 2042 were far enough away for that to be true!

Mmmmmmm......paste..........

If only 2042 were far enough away for that to be true!

Mmmmmmm......paste..........
Eh, 2042 is 23 years. 6 year old eating paste, makes them a 29-year-old with an MBA and no sense calling the shots. I think this sounds mildly accurate.

If we want to add 10 years, so they're a 39-year-old MBA with poor decision making skills, they're taking driver's ed.

I think extensive refurb is more likely, especially depending on economics. They would want to have them in the current version of the association under current rules, so call it BVT1 would be getting phased out in favor of BVT2+ (Riviera and Reflections are BVT 2.0).

Aurora, they don't use paste any more in kindergarten. They use Elmers (or a similar) and put a long string of it on their hand or arm, peel it off and then eat it.

Lets be fair to these execs. Not too many execs who are making these decisions will be in their late 20's. The one's who will be making these decisions are likely in their 20's or 30's now. I hope they aren't eating paste.
Execs keep getting younger and younger; I think kindergarten is probably spot on!
Homemade paste is the best; really sticks to the ribs!😁

I still don’t see how they don’t offer extensions to some of the resorts. Consider 2019, DVC is at its all time peak in interest. They still have trouble selling direct points; with or without restrictions (Copper Creek took a long time to sell).

Now imagine 3 resorts being resold at once; two of which are across a lake from each other.

There are just too many 2042 resorts to sell at one time. As far as the two Epcot resorts go, my guess is BWV is extended 10-15 years and BCV is demolished and rebuilt as larger and more luxurious. Logistically, it would just make sense.

There are just too many 2042 resorts to sell at one time. As far as the two Epcot resorts go, my guess is BWV is extended 10-15 years and BCV is demolished and rebuilt as larger and more luxurious. Logistically, it would just make sense.

You're making an interesting assumption that the only option is for Disney to resell them all at once as timeshares.

As I've said before, Disney wants to get rid of those cheap standard villas at BWV that are an artifact of Disney's newness to the timeshare game. An extension would also delay moving BWV into DVC 2.0. Also, BWV also likely has similar contract language as OKW, which had a train wreck of an extension.

Disney also has the option to refurb the building and offer the villas exclusively for cash reservations for a period of time while the other Epcot resort is being sold as a timeshare. I'm sure there are other alternatives on the planning board. But all of the 2042 resorts being resold at the same time is not the only logical course of action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter