Ashley and Nate's Disney Dream Planning Journal 4/10/15

OMG I am SO oblivious!

I JUST REALIZED THAT YOU GOT MARRIED LAST WEEK!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

OMG I am SO oblivious!

I JUST REALIZED THAT YOU GOT MARRIED LAST WEEK!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thank you! It was great. Unfortunately, my appointed friend did not take a video, but we did get some short clips:

Last edited:
I love your clips of your wedding!! Its too bad you couldn't get the whole ceremony but at least you have something and your view with the dream in the background is so beautiful!!

A few more pics from the guests...so much fun!

photo%2034_zpsran1bx9c.jpg

photo%2031_zpswbxazmvx.jpg

photo%2030_zpskvdrrgz2.jpg

photo%2032_zpstmyjom5o.jpg

photo%2035_zpsfvvbrj5d.jpg

photo%2033_zpsfijcr78r.jpg

More pictures please ;) I am loving all your pictures you guys looked like you had so much fun!!! Also I love your mickey and minnie bridal hats! :goodvibes

Your whole trip looked amazing and you looked like you have a fantastic time!
Congratulations again!

I was wondering how you felt about the welcome reception.
Was it something you would do again and did your guests enjoy it?
My DF and I are debating on having one or not for our sailing next year.

Hope you're enjoying the newlywed life! :daisy:

I was wondering how you felt about the welcome reception.
Was it something you would do again and did your guests enjoy it?
My DF and I are debating on having one or not for our sailing next year.

Thank you! It was fantastic.

If you have an extra $1,000 and are debating whether to add a welcome reception or ceremony decor or ____, I think the welcome reception is a decent investment for those who don't plan on staying up late. Our group was certainly in good spirits for the rest of the night. Other than the make-your-own minibar gift bags, this was the only alcohol we purchased for our guests. It seemed a lot safer with our group size to do this than to give people cart blanche at dinner on our tab (we estimated it could be upwards of $4K to buy our guests drinks at dinner). If I had a smaller group and more resources, I would have treated everyone to Remy with wine parings ($200pp).

If you have a group with little or no children, I would suggest picking up the tab on the Meridian patio for an hour the first night instead. If you do the welcome reception, either tell your onboard coordinator not to have the bar pre-pour drinks or don't pay for top shelf. Our guests were inundated with the pre-poured drinks and I was probably the only person who ordered a premium drink from the bar (I paid about $275 to upgrade to top shelf).

If you plan on staying up late, however, you will thank yourself for not planning a welcome reception. We desperately needed the downtime in the late afternoon and I didn't get it because I had to attend our welcome reception. That said, the guests really liked it. You should do something to make your guests feel special. Maybe this is it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!