Atlantic Dance?

ahutton

WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996
We have a trip coming up where we will be there with good friends of ours. The kids are old enough they can be on their own for an evening.

Has anyone been here in a while? I searched and thread posts were from 2016 and earlier. We love going dancing - Before kids DH and I would always do nights at Pleasure Island and it would be fun to go dancing one night.

What is it like?

DH and I went with another couple back in April on a Wednesday. We hired a sitter for a night on the town: drinks at Abracadabar, dinner at the Trattoria, dancing at the Dance Hall. We're in our 40's, so just be aware.

We arrived at opening at 9. We were the only people there. I chugged gin and tonics until I felt drunk enough to dance on an empty dance floor. The DJ played mostly 80s. I love 80s, in particular alt 80s. Hopeless New Romantic (har, har, har). Anyway, I got the DJ to play StrangeLove (DepecheMode) and Push It (Salt n Peppa), so I had a good time being freaky. We left around 11:30 just as more people were showing up, it was starting to get busy. But we only had a sitter until midnight. So sad.

So, if you go, stay late. It seemed like we were leaving just as it was about to get awesome.

DH and I went with another couple back in April on a Wednesday. We hired a sitter for a night on the town: drinks at Abracadabar, dinner at the Trattoria, dancing at the Dance Hall. We're in our 40's, so just be aware.

We arrived at opening at 9. We were the only people there. I chugged gin and tonics until I felt drunk enough to dance on an empty dance floor. The DJ played mostly 80s. I love 80s, in particular alt 80s. Hopeless New Romantic (har, har, har). Anyway, I got the DJ to play StrangeLove (DepecheMode) and Push It (Salt n Peppa), so I had a good time being freaky. We left around 11:30 just as more people were showing up, it was starting to get busy. But we only had a sitter until midnight. So sad.

So, if you go, stay late. It seemed like we were leaving just as it was about to get awesome.

Great to know - we are in our 40s too. And it would take a lot for me to be Dancing with Myself... so we have a date night with dinner in Disney Springs at 8, maybe that is the night to go... Probably would not get there until 1030, and fortunately we are at the Dolphin so it's walking distance...

Great to know - we are in our 40s too. And it would take a lot for me to be Dancing with Myself... so we have a date night with dinner in Disney Springs at 8, maybe that is the night to go... Probably would not get there until 1030, and fortunately we are at the Dolphin so it's walking distance...

Nice Billy Idol reference. To be honest, as a solo traveler, I have wondered if it would be worth checking out.

Nice Billy Idol reference. To be honest, as a solo traveler, I have wondered if it would be worth checking out.

Thanks!
We will see how long our date night dinner runs, and if we go I'll post an update!

Back in the Pleasure Island days I was always amazed at the idea of anyone being up for dancing after a day in the parks. I myself feel like I need to be in the emergency room from all of the pain I'm in. lol This falls in line with the girls that wear high heels into the parks.:oops: I just don't understand how it's done lol.

The DJ played mostly 80s. I love 80s, in particular alt 80s. Hopeless New Romantic (har, har, har). Anyway, I got the DJ to play StrangeLove (DepecheMode) and Push It (Salt n Peppa), so I had a good time being freaky.

80's Alternative is my jam! I like your style! I saw Depeche Mode back in the 90's when they were going through their "yes we can play our own instruments and we're not just a synth band" and they were absolutely the WORST band I've ever seen live....aside from the B52s who were just so loud they were distorted and kept everyone waiting 2 HOURS before they hit the stage because the blonde girl was pregnant and sick. Anyhoo, with every DM song we stood there thinking, "what song is this? I don't recognize any of this!" because they insisted on trying to play guitars. Imagine "Everything Counts" with NO synth intro! I could've cried. They were my favorite as a teenager...them and The Cure! Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on. lol

80's Alternative is my jam! I like your style! I saw Depeche Mode back in the 90's when they were going through their "yes we can play our own instruments and we're not just a synth band" and they were absolutely the WORST band I've ever seen live....aside from the B52s who were just so loud they were distorted and kept everyone waiting 2 HOURS before they hit the stage because the blonde girl was pregnant and sick. Anyhoo, with every DM song we stood there thinking, "what song is this? I don't recognize any of this!" because they insisted on trying to play guitars. Imagine "Everything Counts" with NO synth intro! I could've cried. They were my favorite as a teenager...them and The Cure! Sorry to hijack the thread, carry on. lol

The trick to a good sound is to run a clean sound into distortion and overdrive effects and then run it into a clean channel. Sadly, a lot of musicians never figure out how to use effects correctly and it ruins their sound. That's a longer discussion than can be had on here though.

The trick to a good sound is to run a clean sound into distortion and overdrive effects and then run it into a clean channel. Sadly, a lot of musicians never figure out how to use effects correctly and it ruins their sound. That's a longer discussion than can be had on here though.
That stuff is interesting to me. My brother in law and best friends husband are sound techs and my ex husband was the music director and bass player for The Osmond Brothers for 10 years. My ex got so mad at a Chicago concert that he went up to the sound guy and told him he should be fired! lol

That stuff is interesting to me. My brother in law and best friends husband are sound techs and my ex husband was the music director and bass player for The Osmond Brothers for 10 years. My ex got so mad at a Chicago concert that he went up to the sound guy and told him he should be fired! lol

Self-producing musician and songwriter. Comes with the territory to learn all of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter