Atlantis Resort Proposed to be Built Next to Aulani

Interesting.

I can imagine how expensive it will be to stay there.
Considering that Aulani is pretty expensive and there is a Four Seasons opening on the other side of Aulani, I'm guessing it will be pretty well matched.

Trying to remember walking along where the empty space was. There is the lot adjacent to Aulani and then one between lagoon 2 and the Marriott Beach Club? Time will tell if 10 years made a difference and it gets built.

Trying to remember walking along where the empty space was. There is the lot adjacent to Aulani and then one between lagoon 2 and the Marriott Beach Club? Time will tell if 10 years made a difference and it gets built.

It is the lot next to Aulani; the empty lot next to The Marriott also recently sold but to a different group; no plans announced for that parcel yet

It is the lot next to Aulani; the empty lot next to The Marriott also recently sold but to a different group; no plans announced for that parcel yet

The end of the video in the linked article touches on the plans for the lot between the Marriott and Beach Villas -- 2 luxury hotels slated to open in 2018.

Uggh . . it issuch a beautiful area. sounds like they are going to ruin it with overbuiding. I am very disappointed in this news.

Reactions: EWL
More competition is only a good thing though maybe the rates will climb down a bit to compete with them.

I hope the area doesn't become overcrowded. But I guess it will bring new restaurants and shopping to the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter