Atlantis Submarine excursion?

bface

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first cruise, on the western Magic in May, and are looking at the various excursion. Has anyone been on the Atlantis Submarine excursion at either Grand Cayman or Cozumel? The idea of being able to ride in a submarine and see the underwater world really appeals (particularly since swimming is a problem!). Is one or the other of the two sites better...more gorgeous, better facilities, etc?) Should we book these well in advance or are we safe to wait until we check in for the cruise?

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

We've done Atlantis Submarine in Grand Cayman and it is excellent. Its a great way to see the beautiful marine life of Grand Cayman.

I'm not sure what Disney charges these days but we booked it last time with Atlantis Submarine : Cayman Islands Discounts and it was at least $10 cheaper then the ship prices so you might want to have a look and compare the prices. Its the exact same trip.

We also did this excursion in Grand Cayman, but we booked after arriving in port (September 2002). It is about $12 less expensive for children to book directly with Atlantis than to book through DCL.

I also did this in Grand Cayman, and my family really enjoyed it. This is just a short walk from where I believe the ship tenders on the Western itinerary.

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like we HAVE to do this! I'll compare Disney's price vs Atlantis'; but since we really want this excursion, will make reservations well in advance. Grand Cayman seems to be a great place for underwater vistas...I have a friend who knows several scuba divers and they all said Grand Cayman was one of the most beautiful places they ever dived.

Can anyone compare this to the Cozumel excursion?

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

you might want to check out there website before reserving through DCL. Just do a price comparison, and if i remember right, they can take 48 people ever trip, and they have trips all day long starting around 9 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter