• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atms

No, and they are not in the terminal either, so plan ahead. :)

Yes, Guest Services will cash Traveller's Checks in any amount on board. They will only cash personal checks for a total of $100 per person, per cruise. But traveller's checks are no problem.

Strangely though, when I wanted to write a check to pay part of my shipboard account towards the end of the cruise they wouldn't allow that. They checked with supervisors and discussed among themselves, but the rule on personal checks is that they will take them for the total amount of you bill, but they won't take them as partial payment. It had to be written for the exact amount of the final total. Strange. I know that isn't what you asked, but......I found it odd that they wouldn't allow partial check/ partial credit card settlement. But again, travellers checks were accepted as partial account payment and for cashing to have $$ for taking on the islands.

If you are on the Magic Eastern, when you get to St. Thomas there is a Chase ATM right at the pier. I was very reluctant to use an ATM in St. Maarten, I prefer to stick with ATM's from US based banks. Also in St. Thomas there is a Banco Popular ATM. Although if you aren't from the NYC area or PR, you probably won't recognize them, Banco Popular is another respectable US based bank.

The nice thing about using the Chase ATM right at the St. Thomas pier is that you were then able to walk right on board the ship and lock up your cash, no carrying cash through town where it could get lost in a variety of ways.

Plus it gives US money, no exchange needed.

Anne

I used an atm in nassau wich turned out to be a big mistake.The sign said american currancy but it gave me bahemian? money. I had to stand in line at the bank for over an hour to exchage it, The banks there are not like here nothing is done by computer, at one time i thought i saw a woman with a hammer and chisel LOL they were very careless with my exchage and they made me very nervous. plan ahead it is your bast bet.
Julie:eek: :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter