Audrey's trip report part 1

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
Our cast list.

Me,(34) Holiday planner,Head packer,Map reader,Maker of mischeif (he he) Wife and Mother.
William,(40) Designated driver,Terminal Trickster,coaster fan,Husband and Father.
Jamie-Leigh,(16,going on 21,you know the type?) Coaster addict,Popcorn muncher,Head moaner(mom!, there's nothing on this menue that i can eat!!!) And Eldest Monster(sorry,Daughter)
Jade-Kareen,(10) Super sulker(that's soooo... unfair!) Water ride fan,Eeyore luvver(copycat!)Absolutely NOT a coaster fan(a bit like her mom) And Youngest Monster(sorry daughter)
Graham(18) DD's Boyfriend,First timer,sun worshiper,Shopaholic,Cronic Coke Drinker.

DAY 1
The Journey.

Set off at 4.45am after 3 hours sleep, very bleary eyed but excited (i was feeling rather queezy). Arrived at Aberdeen airport at 5.55am & checked in within 10 minutes (Great start!)
Bought a book for me and mags for the kids plus juice, went through to departure lounge and had a glass of water to settle my poor churning stomach,Graham had to run to the loo a few times(darn!, left the immodium in our suit case)it was his first time away from home,first time flying, first holiday abroad ever (Aww bless him!). So with flight sox on and ear plugs in place(faaaar too early as usual) we climbed aboard the plane to stert our journey.
Nice flight and quite an edible breakfast,very polite and helpful cabin crew. What a delightful start to out hols.
The second leg of our trip from GWK was another story completely. I could moan on for hours but i wont, in short we sat behind the FAMILY FROM HELL!,You know the type, seats reclined fully back most of the way, complaining that their little angel(monster child from h**l)got his meal after our dd and when the flight attendant explained that he'd have to wait till all the PRE ORDERED kids meals were given out to see if there were any spare, they weren't happy bunnys at all! Monster child even threw a full can of coke round the side of his seat and all over DH's trousers and shoes(no apology from the parents i may add):mad:
We landed safely at Orlando International (without trying to kill the family in front) I thought we were very tolerant and deserved some brownie points for not loosing our tempers.(monster child was 10 to 12 years old by the way and hardly what you'd call a baby)

Got through customs with a minimum of hassle and off to pick up our (off site) Hertz hire car. We got a Ford KIA,plenty of room for us all and our luggage with plenty of room for spare luggage for the way home (or so we thought he he) Off to find the hotel with map and directions in hand. OOH! i just love that Florida smell and the heat that hits you when you come out of the airport:bounce:

Tomorrow ~SEA WORLD~

Shame about the family from H*ll. Lots of self control displayed by you and DH . Hope it did not spoil the start of your hols too much. Looking forward to the next installment. :D

Udnylad

I wish that you were only allowed to put you seat back if the lights were lowered or something. Well done for showing such self control!!

I'm looking forward to the next installment too, cause we went from Aberdeen last October and I love reading trip reports!!

Helen
:cool:

Hi Audrey

I know only too well about reclining seats, I too had problems with this and like you kept my cool...It is not easy especially on such a long flight. ;)

Looking forward to your next installment.:)

........ it is such a pity to hear you had to tolerate such a bad-mannered family. There is Waaaaaaaaaaaayy too much of this and it really isn't pleasant on such a long flight - I really sympathise Audrey.

...... and Udnylad, welcome to the DIS UK boards :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter