Aug 7-20 Disney Adult ordering from Childs Menu Experience

That explains the flat $65 charge. Even though you paid with credits, there are only 2 prices for the package, child and adult. Since she is a Disney adult, the “charge” was $65. It would have mattered what she ordered, kids meal or even just a drink, that’s what would show up on the bill.

I understand that part, but if we were to pay the $65 for her (or 2 adult deluxe credits), rather than 3 hotdogs, I would think she would be able to order an adult app (she wanted a salad, but was rufused because it wasnt on the childs menu) and possibly an adult dessert?? She was not allowed to since she got the hotdog (which turned out to be 3), but was still charged as an adult. I just didnt understand it. Not complaining..she was fine, but I just dont get it.

Stop buying the DDP. My kids order off the kids menu at WDW everywhere we go. They are 13 and 15 now. We often order a kids entree and then a dessert off the adult menu. When you pay OOP, you can order whatever you want anywhere you are. Via Napoli had no problem giving my 12 year old a kids menu last year. He ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. He doesn't look 9 either...

Via Napoli had no problem giving my 12 year old a kids menu last year.

Last year. Yes, we too had no problems in the past. This was the first time.

Stop buying the DDP.

We still made out on the deluxe. Ill keep buying it. Character breakfasts, signature dinners, dinner shows, snacks to bring home for school lunches/souvenirs and refillable mugs...worth it to me. When Im on vacation, I dont want to be carrying a tray of burgers looking for a table. And not having a large bill when we get home is icing on the cake.

We ate breakfast at

1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Chef Mickeys
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Kona
Trattoria al Forno
Garden Grove
Tusker House
Crystal Palace

Lunch at
LTT
Beirgarten

Dinner at

San Angel Inn
Brown Derby
Le Cellier
Cali Grill
Artist Point (Storybook Dining)
Chef de France
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Via Napoli
Spirit of Aloha
HDDR
The Plaza

28 credits of 30. We paid for a couple sitting with us at Beirgarten with the 2 credits I didnt use from Le Cellier for my DD, and we traded in 2 remaining credits each for 6 snacks each. Refilled our mug at least 20 times. Had an ice cream every other day-ish.

Doing mainly breakfast and dinner did not waste any park time. We went to each of the 4 big parks 2x each and Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach once each. Went to H2O glow party at TL and MNSSHP. It was a FABULOUS vacation and I wouldnt change a thing (well maybe the resort! Should have stayed at an Epcot resort since a lot of our dining was there...but...oh well. My feet have recovered!)

Also ate at Raglan Rd and Beaches and Cream, paying OOP, while staying off property for a few days while visiting Discovery Cove & Sea World :)

For the record, IMO, Raglan Rd has the best bread pudding on property :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter