• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 11-12 2005 Review

DarthVader92

Theme Park Operations
Just got back from DL and it was horrible!!!!!!! DCA the first time I've ever seen it crowded!!!!! Grizzly at 55min!!! Soarin not bad at 35min!! Everything else is the same always!!!!
On to Disneyland. Disneyland A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we were there when Oprah was there. Rides not bad except for the new Space Mtn. Around 1:00 when the parade was going on I recorded the info board and it said:
Autopia 30min
Buzz 45min
BTM 20min
Space Mtn. 120min
Star Tours 15min
Splash Mtn. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER!!!!!!!!
Indiana Jones 55min!!!!!!!!
Roger Rabbit 50min!!!!!!

Others later in the day:
Pirates 20min
Haunted Mansion 15min
Pooh 8min
Mr. Toad 30min
Matterhorn 30min

Please ask me any questions you want. In this thread I will be posting more about my vacation to DL.

Untill then,
Darthvader92

Was this your first trip during the summer?

The only rides that you listed with lines over 30 minutes were those without FP. I interpret that to mean that, with good use of FP, most waits were pretty reasonable. I do imagine that the Oprah visit did make things a bit hectic, and may also have chased more people to DCA than usual.

I was actually thinking that those times weren't too bad for summer season, and at the most crowded time of the day....I thought it would be worse. Did you have a good time though???

We were there on the same exact days. I was very surprised at the crowds. We are AP holders and go often but Disneyland seemed more crowded than before. DCA was not very crowded for us thought. Arrived Thursday about 11 AM and walked onto most rides or had a 10 minute wait. Choose to do single rider option (my kids are 7 & 9) and mature enough if I go first on the ride and meet them at the exit. Did multiple rides this way except Soarin'. They wouldn't let my daughter ride single. Go figure - she can ride Grizzley, Mullholland Madness and a few others alone but not Soarin'. Can't figure that one out but we grabbed a fast pass and did it later in the day.

DL Thurs night and then all day on Friday. We did things on our pace, slow and relaxed but still had a great time. There is no place like DL or WDW - even in the heat of the summer.

Well, it's summer and the 50th celebration is underway. Did you expect to see tumbleweeds rolling down Main Street?

I agree with Michelle2, those wait times actually don't seem that bad for this time of year. I'm happy to hear that DCA was crowded, they could use the business. I really, really love that park and hope it stays.

CalGal said:
Was this your first trip during the summer?

The only rides that you listed with lines over 30 minutes were those without FP. I interpret that to mean that, with good use of FP, most waits were pretty reasonable. I do imagine that the Oprah visit did make things a bit hectic, and may also have chased more people to DCA than usual.

The FPs' were for LATE at night!!!!!!!!

This is when I can't wait for the cooler months. Imagine a weekday in October? Deadsville! DL becomes less crowded during October and November. We've gone before in November and I literally rode Space Mountain like 5 times in a row! That was, of course, over 10 years ago, but it was still off-season! :teeth:

According to a CM I was talking to last night, daily attendence has been over 50,000 consistently all summer. I can tell you that that number is pretty accurate--it has been very busy (I've been there a lot--pretty much at least once a week), but that's to be expected with the 50th celebration, new fireworks, & Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter