August 18th trip planned...getting nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going August 5th. Just waiting it out to see how things go. If we have to cancel I have no idea when we could go. Probably not until next spring.

Disagree. With a 2-week contagious incubation period and people still out there spreading the virus in new communities, we have not seen the peak, nor are we likely to in three weeks. Some places are only now realizing the virus is among them, and it’s still invisible in others, leading to lax social distancing and further spread.

China was only able to bring their cases down through a heavy handed government approach that would be impossible in the US, and the Disney parks are still closed in there after two months.

I don’t think we’ll be in complete lockdown by the end of June, but we won’t be back to normal.

If restrictions are lifted too soon, we will see a rapid resurgence of cases. If we lift everything in three weeks, all the economic damage will have served no purpose because we’ll still have a tsunami of cases hit our healthcare system in unmanageable levels.

Yeah we’ll just go into a massive depression because some models, that haven’t been accurate yet, say that things might get overwhelmingly terrible.

We were going to postpone until middle of August but I dont want to waste my tickets and airfare credit if the park are not running at full capacity meaning cut backs on fireworks and parades and meet and greets we are just going to wait and see how things play out.

No, we just surpassed them in their reported fatalities. Nobody outside of the CCP and the American left believe what China is reporting.
It was earlier pointed out that I was wrong about the fatalities. What I meant to say was infected. Whatever you want to believe about China reporting, my point is that we still have a long road ahead of us. I really don’t need you to believe me though.

Last edited:
No, we just surpassed them in their reported fatalities. Nobody outside of the CCP and the American left believe what China is reporting.

Did you just equivocate the Chinese Communist Party with left leaning Americans?

I can’t even.....

and I’m not even American....

If you want to discuss the Coronavirus in general, our government’s response, other governments’ responses, the Community Board is the place for that. Not the Resorts board, where, unsurprisingly, we ask that discussions be kept on the topic of Resorts.

Since this thread has been repeatedly dragged off topic, I’m closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts