August 2017

I am not talking about the time of year booking for labor day. This exclusive TA specific pricing deal that is being discussed in this tread is what I am speaking of. The TA I booked with (the only one to get his specific pricing) said these are standard view only. No upgraded rooms were available under this exclusive promotion.

Right. I'm talking about the exact same labor day deal (which I have booked for YEARS so I'm pretty familiar with it). You may want to speak with your TA because I was quoted both standard and savannah under the deal you are talking about. Either my TA is wrong (but I got an actual quote as did another PP on these boards, so I doubt it) or yours is. Savannah was about $100 more a night than standard, FYI.

Wait, isn't this thread about the Labor Day deal? What agent are you talking about? PM me if you can share.

I think this PP is referring to the agency, not a specific TA. There is no individual TA that has access to better discounts than others at the agency.

Anyone else that booked through the TA exclusive deal having a problem paying on the website? I've tried three browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari) and can't get the button to come up.

I'm paying using GCs, so I can combine them on disneygiftcards.com and call, but it's a pain.

Anyone else that booked through the TA exclusive deal having a problem paying on the website? I've tried three browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari) and can't get the button to come up.

I'm paying using GCs, so I can combine them on disneygiftcards.com and call, but it's a pain.

I'm pretty sure when you book with a travel agent, you have to pay through the travel agent not Disney direct. That's what I did. I'm not sure how the gift cards work in this scenario.

Hmm... you may be right. TA told me I could use GCs, but it may have to go through them.
You have to call your TA with the GC # to apply to your balance. I do this all the time! I pay my whole reservation with Disney G.C.'s and the TA has to call them in. Very easy tho!

You have to call your TA with the GC # to apply to your balance. I do this all the time! I pay my whole reservation with Disney G.C.'s and the TA has to call them in. Very easy tho!

So is it possible to buy gift cards with the 5% Target discount and use those when I need to pay in full? That would be fantastic.

So is it possible to buy gift cards with the 5% Target discount and use those when I need to pay in full? That would be fantastic.

You certainly can!!! Go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and transfer all your individual cards onto one and just use that one card. If going through a TA just give them that number and they'll make the payment. Super easy!

But do put it all on one. Couple reasons---if you're using a TA, save them the time of having to enter 30 different gift card numbers. If booking direct and for some reason you need to cancel, all your funds get transferred back to the card or cards you used. Much easier to have it all go back to one card that you've saved rather than put on that 30 different cards again. And if you're using them to go to the park and pay for everything onsite, just easier to carry around one card rather than a bunch of $50 or $100 individual ones.

I am not talking about the time of year booking for labor day. This exclusive TA specific pricing deal that is being discussed in this tread is what I am speaking of. The TA I booked with (the only one to get his specific pricing) said these are standard view only. No upgraded rooms were available under this exclusive promotion.
It says both Standard and Savannah view on the website. Maybe the TA meant only Standard view was available for your specific dates.

Definitely!!! That's what I do! So I'm saving about 64% off my GF stay this August when you combine the TA discount and the discount on gift cards bought at Target!!

Hey there Amanda999...You are TOTALLY correct! My original room package for 4 nights was $226.22 per night so I was really only off by $7.00!!! For my current package at the Grand Floridian for 5 nights, I would have been off by $19 per night as I am paying the amazing price of $237.67 per night for the Grand Floridian....
Hi!
Whatever you are paying it IS a deal! But just so other readers don't get their hopes up - the TA I'm using for late Aug has GF at $283.50 with tax, if my notes are correct. If you bought park tix through them too, their ticket prices are lower than at the parks - I don't know those prices. So your room price is higher than you think b/c the tickets are lower priced than gate price at Disney. (I didnt' want others to be upset if they contact the TA and the GF prices aren't $237/nt. But maybe you meant without tax.)
Either way, its all good!

I was on the fence about keeping my TA reservation at the BC if Free Dining came out (with an 11 y/o FD is a good deal for my family, and the only way we will do the DDP), but We're MUCH better off with the TA than what Disney is currently offering.
I have free dining late August to Labor Day (bounceback booked 8/2016) at POR garden view, but am 99% sure I'll cancel it and keep my TA BC deal! We never eat all the food on the DDP anyway.

You certainly can!!! Go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and transfer all your individual cards onto one and just use that one card. If going through a TA just give them that number and they'll make the payment. Super easy!

But do put it all on one. Couple reasons---if you're using a TA, save them the time of having to enter 30 different gift card numbers. If booking direct and for some reason you need to cancel, all your funds get transferred back to the card or cards you used. Much easier to have it all go back to one card that you've saved rather than put on that 30 different cards again. And if you're using them to go to the park and pay for everything onsite, just easier to carry around one card rather than a bunch of $50 or $100 individual ones.

Definitely!!! That's what I do! So I'm saving about 64% off my GF stay this August when you combine the TA discount and the discount on gift cards bought at Target!!

This is great news, thank you!

So was I. I was actually booked in a savanna view until I found out their deal on GF was even better.

I was really torn as I would have liked to stay at the GF. However, DH has finally agreed to go back to WDW (he hasn't been in 27 years!) and I know that he'll like AKL better. I'm hoping if this trip goes well he'll agree to go back again!

Does anyone think if free dining is offered for late august if it would include the villas?

Just for kicks, I went in to check our existing BCV reservation. Today, the summer discount was available! I just saved almost $800! So excited!!:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!