August 2019 Car Rental Thread

Hi All,
I currently have a couple of car rental reservations going as I watch and wait in the hopes of a better price. I need a one way rental (arriving MCO 8/12 and dropping near Port Everglades for our cruise 8/17). So far the prices are a bit high $425 (Avis), $442 Alamo, and $530 (Enterprise) but I am checking frequently for any better deals.

We arrive in Orlando this Saturday. Considering where we started I am pleased. With a slight drop from Alamo yesterday our current price is $206.57 for a one way rental (full size) picking up at MCO 8/10 and dropping near Port Everglades 8/17. This is less than half of what I was seeing when I first booked.

Im getting 201 with Alamo Aug 17-25, midsize, is that good?
Yes.
I was able to get a compact at $175 with the codes listed in the thread for Aug 17-23. The lowest I found through all my searches. Your booking is 2 more days then my booking for $26 more. That sounds like a good deal. But keep checking back. That’s what I do.

The lowest price I have been able to avail of came up today with Budget through Costco....$348 USD for a full size car Aug 14 to 27, 2019.

At MCO, is the Alamo "standard" and "full" aisles one and the same still? (That's been true for at least a decade, through 8/2019. Just confirming for my trip this month.) TIA.

I got ours down to $239 for a midsize with alamo through costco for 8/16-8/26 at TPA. those extra three days are always a doozie lol

I am so annoyed. I've gotten slight decreases, but right now I'm stuck at $249 intermediate SUV with Alamo for 8/9 at 4pm until 8/13 at 4pm. Picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Car Care Center. I've tried codes on various sites and I'm having no luck. I'm a AAA and Costco member. Any suggestions?

I am so annoyed. I've gotten slight decreases, but right now I'm stuck at $249 intermediate SUV with Alamo for 8/9 at 4pm until 8/13 at 4pm. Picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Car Care Center. I've tried codes on various sites and I'm having no luck. I'm a AAA and Costco member. Any suggestions?
Do you have to return to the car care center? Those dates and times are only $150 on costco travel with Alamo for an intermediate suv if you return to the airport as well.

It's considered a one-way rental unless you pickup/drop off at the same location. Can you possibly pickup and drop off at the same location?

Down again today......Budget through Costco....$328 USD for a full size car Aug 14 to 27, 2019

Dollar has their one day sale of 25% off today only with promo code
but it's not lower than my current reservation with alamo. Hopefully it helps someone else though!

Just rebooked out 8/16-8/22 full size rental for $184, saved about $30 using the 101467 promo code. Have rebooked several times since original booking at $257.

Dollar has their one day sale of 25% off today only with promo code
but it's not lower than my current reservation with alamo. Hopefully it helps someone else though!
[/QUOTE]

This was the code that carrentalsavers must have used. I cancelled that reservation and made one directly through Dollar and get 3% back with Rakuten.

It's considered a one-way rental unless you pickup/drop off at the same location. Can you possibly pickup and drop off at the same location?

I really don't want to have to schlep it back to the airport. I actually just changed my rate. Found pay now (which is fine, because we're leaving tomorrow) from Dollar for $139. Picking up at MCO and returning to Wyndham in DS. Went to a car instead of an SUV, but the rate is much easier to digest.

Hi all, we are costco members but dont know how youre adding a code to a costco booking? Thru costco or budget?? And what is the code being used? Thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter