August 2020 Reservations-still going?

I just went online and ally dining reservations are gone . We are two adults. 8/29/- 9/ 3.We had not character dining at all.

WOW-

I also have park hopper tickets. I hope more news soon.

I got this same email as you. POFQ 8/7-8/14. We also spoke to a CM who said current ticket holders are "in the best possible position". I took that as a good sign.

We made a back-up Universal package too but I didn't think it promised admission. Maybe we are not at an affiliated hotel but I thought we were. Disney is my first choice but I don't care for this much hoop jumping and lack of incentives.
We are at Royal Pacific, but any of the Universal resorts on site qualify

Attachments

• E1C1A8A8-EDF9-4DF0-BD4F-5CDB6A361424.png
    E1C1A8A8-EDF9-4DF0-BD4F-5CDB6A361424.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 44
I am booked at Riviera August 24-30. I will wait to see what things are like when the parks open to make my final decision. If wait times are awful and there are no indoor shows, we will delay for the 3rd time :( My concern is DS3 and DS5 won't be able to handle long waits in masks now that fp doesn't exist anymore.

I’m definitely keeping my late July trip with DS, but my late August trip with my Mom is on the rocks. We have a week-long club level reservation and if the rumours are true and they’re shutting down club level for the foreseeable future, I don’t think she is going to want to go. I’m trying to talk her into finally trying UO for a couple of days as a carrot ;).

My fear is that late August will be a perfect storm of higher capacity allowed by that point but without the benefit of onsite reservations to be able to plan our days in advance.

I’m definitely keeping my late July trip with DS, but my late August trip with my Mom is on the rocks. We have a week-long club level reservation and if the rumours are true and they’re shutting down club level for the foreseeable future, I don’t think she is going to want to go. I’m trying to talk her into finally trying UO for a couple of days as a carrot ;).

My fear is that late August will be a perfect storm of higher capacity allowed by that point but without the benefit of onsite reservations to be able to plan our days in advance.

That worries me too although it would have worried me more at Universal because they'd be open for longer. I hope Disney keeps capacity low through the summer even if the governor approves more. Disney seems to be taking things slow and having big crowds will defeat the purpose. It would make distancing impossible and could cause people to potentially miss out more on attractions especially if there's no fast pass system.

We're going. We've got a room only split stay booked, YC 8/28-8/30 and POR 9/4- 9/5, with stops in between at Universal and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I have the Wyndham booked--I was going to get the Universal booked but I was waiting to make sure we were squared away at Disney, because I had intended to book tickets and dining plan once Disney had announced their dates. Hoping the tickets at least will be possible tomorrow. We are trusting Disney to deliver a magical experience even under constrained circumstances. Pretty much the only thing that would get me to cancel would be if they are not operating the pools, and since the mask guidelines state that they do not need to be worn while swimming that would suggest that they are planning on having swimming. We are driving from Pennsylvania, because none of us are comfortable on a plane at the moment.

We're going. We've got a room only split stay booked, YC 8/28-8/30 and POR 9/4- 9/5, with stops in between at Universal and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I have the Wyndham booked--I was going to get the Universal booked but I was waiting to make sure we were squared away at Disney, because I had intended to book tickets and dining plan once Disney had announced their dates. Hoping the tickets at least will be possible tomorrow. We are trusting Disney to deliver a magical experience even under constrained circumstances. Pretty much the only thing that would get me to cancel would be if they are not operating the pools, and since the mask guidelines state that they do not need to be worn while swimming that would suggest that they are planning on having swimming. We are driving from Pennsylvania, because none of us are comfortable on a plane at the moment.

Are people allowed to get tickets tomorrow?

We are in New England. We always drive down to avoid sickness. It reallllly is a tough drive but worth it..

We have end of August Poly concierge room. We are out of state AP holders, and not received any emails about anything, but ADRs and FPS have been removed my app.
Still planning to go!

Are people allowed to get tickets tomorrow?

We are in New England. We always drive down to avoid sickness. It reallllly is a tough drive but worth it..

That was my hope, but I don't know. About to hop over there but I don't think there have been any changes yet.

We are still going, first week of August. We had a Disneyland trip booked on points that week and switched to a split WDW/Universal trip. I feel good about Universal, we are staying Royal Pacific so will have express pass and they said resort guests will not be impacted if parks hit capacity (if you read their COVID FAQs page). We made our DVC reservation at Kidani the week before the Disney announcement however I didn't link tickets until that afternoon because I had been waiting. Once they made the announcement, I quickly transferred our Undercover Tourist tickets from DL tickets to 5 day WDW tickets and linked them. All looks good in the system but I did not get an email. I'm trying to not get too worried about this park reservation system, the math seems to be on our side (ie # of resort guests to limited park capacity), especially with no new resort reservations being taken at this time, the number of cancellations that seem to be happening and assuming they do something similar to Shanghai capacity (around 20k per park).

Last edited:
That was my hope, but I don't know. About to hop over there but I don't think there have been any changes yet.
The email I got this weekend said this (I have tickets): However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I wouldn't bet on getting new tickets via Disney any time soon.

Yes! DH and I are still planning on going Aug 26-30th at GFV, through DVC. We have Gold APs but they have not been activated as they were purchased early spring for our now cancelled June family trip which was pushed to December.

The dining ADRs that I had booked for our Aug 18-23rd trip (which was rebooked for Aug 26th) are still hanging out there but a few disappear each day!

I received an email from "Disney Destinations" on Friday, May 29th that has this phrase "However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system as well as the process of making new dining and experience reservations. If you have previously booked experiences, you’ll also be provided with first access to make new reservations. "

I haven't heard anything else! *fingers crossed*

Checking in August 7th. Still have all my ADRs. Including a character meal. I'd love to see the rhyme and reason for cancellations.

We are booked Aug9-21. Originally we were booked for late June for a few days WDW, a DCL cruise and then another week at WDW afterwards. Once COVID-19 hit I canceled the cruise back in March and rescheduled our trip to August while there was still DVC inventory at AKV.

As of now, I am not sure what we are going to do. A portion of the points for this trip were banked from last year, so we will lose them if we don't travel. We also bought APs last year because we were easily going to hit the breakeven point compared to buying separate tickets for each trip. If we don't go then that whole value gets blown up. Traveling during school is a non-starter, especially with the challenges of remote learning/homeschooling. Who knows what the landscape will look like in Sept. as far as school goes. So either we travel in August or we don't do anything until next summer and take whatever losses we have.

For us the calculus of whether to go or not is a matter of personal safety. Most states (including FL) started reopening even though cases of COVID-19 were still on the rise, so I feel like by the end of summer we'll probably be in a worse spot than we are now. I guess we'll see. I think it's too early for us to decide what we are going to do.

We've re-booked twice and currently have a 9 day trip planned for 8/14. All our resort ADRs have been canceled since Saturday but still have all our park ADRs. I'm anticipating those to be getting canceled in the near future. From what I've read, it appears we'll be given a chance to make new ADRs 60 days prior to our stay. We'll see if the new system is in place for ADRs by 6/15. Family is on the fence on going for half the experience or rebook again to 2021. Like someone else noted earlier in this post, out tickets have now been extended to Sept 2021. Guess just have to wait and see.

We are out of state AP holders with an on-site 11 night trip planned. Right now we are still planning to go, but will be watching how things unfold after opening. After having our April trip cancelled I’d like to use our AP’s once before they expire in September.

The email I got this weekend said this (I have tickets): However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I wouldn't bet on getting new tickets via Disney any time soon.

I still don't know if having tickets prior to the announcement guarantees entry or just guarantees a "chance" for entry. Big difference lol. I'm also worried about getting my hotel booking getting cancelled if they took more reservations than they could accomodate. I'm on the edge of giving up but still hanging on. I just don't want to be in the dark about the basics.

Hey guys!! We rescheduled our June/July trip to August. We have a 14 day DVC trip planned. During these extended trips, we love park hopping and eating out at our favorite restaurants almost every day, so finding out we will be limited on what we can do is definitely disappointing. We have been traveling to Disney with the same friends for about 7 years now, and we actually had a ‘happy hour virtual meeting’ the other day, and although we all collectively feel upset about things changing so much - we all had the same mindset that ANYTHING is better than sitting home another day doing absolutely nothing!!!! (We are Still under quarantine restrictions in NJ!!) So, unless Disney takes anything else away, or finds another way to turn me off, right now - we still plan on going!!!! 😆

August 1-8 trip planned, still going pending the reservation system, and monitoring how wait times and rides are operated during the reopening.

We have a 13 night stay scheduled for the first two weeks of August - free dining bounce back from last year with the "forced to buy" park hoppers on it. The only e-mail I have received is the recent "35%" off the room portion\more info to follow message. We are at 99.9% cancelling, but would really like to see what else is going on.

Does anyone know if they have extended the dates you can cancel yet? I believe at this point we still need to cancel 30 days out to get a full refund? We would really like to see what happens after they open for the first weeks in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!