August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We are going, first week of August, Staying DVC, I have had tickets since Feb., no e-mail. In fact today was the first time I've seen anything different - my Sunday night 8:30p Raglan Road and my Thursday 7:25p CRT are cancelled, my Tuesday 1:15p Sci-Fi is still there. I knew it was too much to hope for, but it would have been really cool if they would have let us keep the CRT reservation. Eating in the park just after close? Yes please! We have to eat somewhere.

The email I got this weekend said this (I have tickets): However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I wouldn't bet on getting new tickets via Disney any time soon.
The email I got this weekend said this (I have tickets): However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I wouldn't bet on getting new tickets via Disney any time soon.
We contacted Disney yesterday regarding our current tickets. (11 night Split-DVC in the middle of August), we were hoping to adjust the start date for the ticket as we have the Canadian ticket offer and were thinking of changing our dates to early September instead. We were told that currently no ticket date changes can be made. In addition, no new ticket purchases can happen either for the time being.

We are driving down assuming the Canada/USA border is open and everything has calmed down a lot with all of the riots and COVID cases etc.

We are still going so far. I’ve gotten the generic email and then a new confirmation this morning. We had dining plan so the new confirmation was basically telling us the price of our package without the plan. We still have some tweaks we want to do in light of the shortened hours, like get rid of park hoppers. But we are just waiting until the system is up again for modifications. But ultimately it will come down to how many actual attractions will be closed. We were making a list of all the “shows” in the parks that might not be open and for say, DHS, that doesn’t leave a whole lot of actual rides. Same with Epcot.

We have a 13 night stay scheduled for the first two weeks of August - free dining bounce back from last year with the "forced to buy" park hoppers on it. The only e-mail I have received is the recent "35%" off the room portion\more info to follow message. We are at 99.9% cancelling, but would really like to see what else is going on.

Does anyone know if they have extended the dates you can cancel yet? I believe at this point we still need to cancel 30 days out to get a full refund? We would really like to see what happens after they open for the first weeks in July.

Same here. Our foot is halfway in and halfway out depending on what they plan to do. We would like some wiggle room. We would like them to extend their refund policy like Universal did. That would relax the pressure of deciding before even having the whole picture.

Aug 23 - 30

Our choice is easy because we rented DVC points and will lose all of the money if we cancel so yes, we are going. If we could get the deposit back, we would cancel.

August 16-21

I bought my 6-day PH last February. Now that park hopping is kaput, it seems pointless to stick with my trip and voluntarily downgrade myself to a base ticket. To my knowledge, nothing has been announced about any type of compensation for guests facing this dilemma.

The other thing, which I didn't understand right away, is that the ticket extension to 9/26/21 is just an extension of the "date of first use." That is, whichever date is your first park day, the usual ticket expiration clock starts on that date. My idea of using three days in August 2020 and three days in August 2021 is not allowed. (They really should clean up the ticket info language on MDE; Universal does a much better job with that.)

I will try to keep up with developments as the parks reopen and we get a better sense of what's what. If things have improved by mid-August, I might do it.

Undecided. 35% off room helped but free dining was the main reason we planned the trip. Hoping to see some reports from the first week before making a final call.

We have a free dining bounceback offer. Staying at Sports with four Disney adults in the room. Room discount of 35% would be around $60 a night. The free dining was worth $220 a night. Still waiting to see how everything shakes out, but looking less and less likely that we will still go.

August 27 - September 1
No email from Disney
Dining ressies all gone except for 9/1 @ via Napoli.
Free dining off and discount applied.
still deciding what we are doing. August heat and having to wear the masks a huge concern.

In April we moved our June trip to early August but yesterday we decided to cancel altogether. We are hoping to reschedule for June on 2021. We were staying at Shades of Green with salute tickets. Our hotel was paid in full and we had tickets in hand. With all our reservations being cancelled it was heartbreaking but easy decision for us. I am the planner so now I start all over again. our situation will be different in terms of ages for next year and will probably switch to Disney Resort.

Aug 5 - 12. Not sure yet. For me, it will come down to how safe we feel about traveling.

Like @mamamelody2 was also underwhelmed by the 35% room discount. We are staying at YC with four "Disney" adults, and the difference between what the dining plan would have cost out of pocket and the room discount is $800.

We have a mid-August trip and we are planning to keep it. We have AP's and are DVC, and like to park-hop each day, so I'm anxious to see what the reservation system looks like. Will it allow us to plan for more than one park per day? Since we have been there so many times, and we will be back many more times, it's not a deal-breaker for us if we can't go to multiple parks per day. However, if this were our "once in a lifetime trip", I would probably look at cancelling and rescheduling for a later time when more of the experiences would be available.

Aug 5 - 12. Not sure yet. For me, it will come down to how safe we feel about traveling.

Like @mamamelody2 was also underwhelmed by the 35% room discount. We are staying at YC with four "Disney" adults, and the difference between what the dining plan would have cost out of pocket and the room discount is $800.
I would agree that it does not compare to the FD

We have a mid-August trip and we are planning to keep it. We have AP's and are DVC, and like to park-hop each day, so I'm anxious to see what the reservation system looks like. Will it allow us to plan for more than one park per day? Since we have been there so many times, and we will be back many more times, it's not a deal-breaker for us if we can't go to multiple parks per day. However, if this were our "once in a lifetime trip", I would probably look at cancelling and rescheduling for a later time when more of the experiences would be available.
Going in Aug, but now that we cannot change the length of our ticket and can't do park hoppers, we won't get to every park....but we too are DVC and will be back again next spring.

Aug 6-14, planning on going as we had a July 7-15 that is most likely going to be cancelled.

We’re planning on going (8/28-9/10). I rented DVC points for our May trip and we rescheduled that to this Aug/Sept one. I’m worried about the restrictions but we’ve already paid for everything (and are unlikely to get it refunded). Besides, we have APs that will expire in late Sept so I want to use them before they disappear.

I’m hoping the restrictions ease up a little bit but I think we can make the best of it. I will be very disappointed if the food and wine festival is canceled though (and I do think it will be).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter