August 2020 Reservations-still going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
Joined
Dec 22, 2009
ADR's - I finally have confirmation that mine are all now cancelled. I have faith that Disney will now make this right.
Not sure what you mean by that. They are going to give you a chance to rebook, just at a lower capacity. That's making it right for everyone.
 

Lumpy1106

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Just a PSA - park and resort dining reservations are still not a thing, but DS reservations are. If you had something in mind, you might want to check right now.
 

Lumpy1106

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Not sure what you mean by that. They are going to give you a chance to rebook, just at a lower capacity. That's making it right for everyone.
Pretty much that. I am staying on-property and have tickets - I don't expect that everyone will get everything they want, but we only had a couple of ADR's for the week. With lower crowds I can see that happening, and I imagine Disney will make it as magical as possible.
 
  • deserrai

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 3, 2012
    We have a split stay 7/31-8/7 at YC/Poly. I am trying to hold out to go, but the longer it goes without information the more I think of canceling because I am concerned it will be too late to book something else if I wait for Disney. I guess the only two pieces of information I really need are whether the resorts will be open (most people seem confident Poly will be, but not so sure about YC) and if we can get into the parks.
     

    TXAKDisneyFan

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 26, 2014
    We're CBR 7/30-8/3 and still going (platinum AP holders). Luckily it's just adults; not sure how the little ones would handle mandatory masks, no park hopping, possibly not going to all our regular restaurants, maybe not having all attractions open... From my perspective, I've been stuck at home with 4 kids for going on 3 months (zero dining out, no seeing anyone) and any vacation away will be welcome. If this were a once a year, or esp once in a lifetime, trip with kids, we'd probably postpone.

    We also have gran destino tower 11/5-11/9 and a cabin 11/21-11/28. We had ADRs made for every day of these three trips, and they gradually disappeared over the course of about a week, with seemingly no rhyme nor reason to the order they were cancelled. I also noticed they were cancelled on my MDE, but it took about a week to get any cancellation emails (I've only received emails for about 1/4 of the cancellations so far). (We have Contemporary 1/6-1/11 but obv no ADRs were made for that yet.)

    ETA: Our 7/30-8/3 trip was rescheduled from April. We were at WDW (boardwalk CL) up until Mar 15 and the atmosphere was bizarre (afa guests and CMs all seeming kind of blindsided). We were supposed to go to Disneyland Paris in May, obviously that didn't happen and we got a refund; we also had reservations for September and I'm not sure what's going on with that.
     
    Last edited:
  • monorailmom

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 6, 2008
    Have resisted posting for awhile but I guess I can handle it now LOL..was supposed to go in March (Kidani, had to cancel when parks announced closing. Our DD was still there on her spring break.), April (just DH and I club level at Gran Destino), then May...my dream trip...all 4 of our kids plus their significant others celebrating one of my DD's engagements and another DD's graduation from college. Rescheduled to June 27, now cancelled, hoping to figure out a date for next year but schedules are complicated. Yikes. Still planning to do our August trip at BLT with our DS. Looking forward to being in our happy place, but we like many of you love the planning of our trips so we are struggling!!!! We are just happy to maybe finally have a trip to look forward to that might actually happen.
     

    disneyworldsk

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jul 10, 2014
    My son's university emailed yesterday saying they are on campus in the fall but one week earlier in aug. One of our reservations (without a ticket that apparently never bought yet) was for that week. So he is 'out' for that week but he is older and doesn't mind either way. I guess it doesn't affect dh and i either for bringing him because that would be the week prior anyway to drop him off. I still have the week following a reservation also with tickets without him anyway for later aug/sept.
    Regarding masks: i was looking at mission cooling neck gators online....if we went....
     

    MomOTwins

    The Mommy Fairy
    Joined
    Mar 5, 2018
    My son's university emailed yesterday saying they are on campus in the fall but one week earlier in aug. One of our reservations (without a ticket that apparently never bought yet) was for that week. So he is 'out' for that week but he is older and doesn't mind either way. I guess it doesn't affect dh and i either for bringing him because that would be the week prior anyway to drop him off. I still have the week following a reservation also with tickets without him anyway for later aug/sept.
    Regarding masks: i was looking at mission cooling neck gators online....if we went....
    Per Disney, masks must have ear loops, so gaitors might not be allowed.
     
  • Mambo Junkie

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 6, 2011
    Cancelled our August 23-30 trip. Figured with reduced capacity, I'd go ahead so they can get a better head count. If it were just DH and I, I would have considered keeping the reservations.
    Reasons for cancelling:
    Little ones, no M&Gs
    No Fireworks
    No shows - Lion King and Story Time w/Belle are must dos - had ADR for Festival of the Lion King @ Tiffins
    BBB still open? (Edit to add it is closed)
    No guarantee you will get into the park
    Virtual queues _ still get to go on attraction or shut out?
    Masks and heat
    I know Disney is going to do anything humanly possible to insure people are well, but judging from past experience how many sick guests I've encountered, just can't rely on good judgement from others
    Too much money for reduced experiences

    Also add - uncertainty about unit - we chose the Royal Guest Room at POR for the kids. I had read we may be moved?
    Just too much uncertainty. We had thought to wait and see, but since we were leaning towards cancelling, we decided to go ahead to clear for Disney to plan.

    Also ETA: Waiting for them to open 2021 booking - we have our dates picked out so hope to get in before the September ticket expiration.
     
    Last edited:

    aweehughes

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 13, 2018
    Cancelled our August 23-30 trip. Figured with reduced capacity, I'd go ahead so they can get a better head count. If it were just DH and I, I would have considered keeping the reservations.
    Reasons for cancelling:
    Little ones, no M&Gs
    No Fireworks
    No shows - Lion King and Story Time w/Belle are must dos - had ADR for Festival of the Lion King @ Tiffins
    BBB still open?
    No guarantee you will get into the park
    Virtual queues _ still get to go on attraction or shut out?
    Masks and heat
    I know Disney is going to do anything humanly possible to insure people are well, but judging from past experience how many sick guests I've encountered, just can't rely on good judgement from others
    Too much money for reduced experiences
    BBB was confirmed to be closed in the tonight's release. The only known character anything on property will be breakfast at Topolino Terrace, but it will be modified.

    We are worried about the the wording about the park access. We bought a multi-day ticket with an expiration--will they be refunding the difference if I can't get reservations or letting me modify our package? We are the 2nd week in August.
     

    maltdizzy

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 10, 2013
    My son's university emailed yesterday saying they are on campus in the fall but one week earlier in aug.
    I know several school systems throughout the country are discussing starting early so they can better stagger classes for social distancing.

    If that happens here (and its being discussed), that would definitely pre-empt our trip.
     

    mrsap

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 30, 2012
    I know several school systems throughout the country are discussing starting early so they can better stagger classes for social distancing.

    If that happens here (and its being discussed), that would definitely pre-empt our trip.
    Wow! We keep hearing our area was thinking of opening October/November (instead of beginning of Sept!!) 😬
     

    2letterwords

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    May 29, 2020
    I know several school systems throughout the country are discussing starting early so they can better stagger classes for social distancing.

    If that happens here (and its being discussed), that would definitely pre-empt our trip.
    Our district is opening earlier than previous years and we moved our trip up as soon as we got that news. Interesting to hear this is happening in other areas as well.
     

    Tracey868

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jan 11, 2007
    I have Park Hopper tickets for end of August. Has anyone talked to Disney about if they are refunding?? How are they working this since no Park hopping allowed. Just thought I would ask.

    Thanks
    Peace and Love to all!
     

    DanielNYC

    The wand always chooses the wizard!
    Joined
    Jun 5, 2017
    We had to move up our trip by two weeks because our daughter's school moved up her start date from September 9 to August 31.
     
    Status
    Not open for further replies.





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.









    Top