August Mini Reviews - GG, Via Napoli, Trader Sam's, 'Ohana breakfast, TH, and CS meals

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I forgot to take pictures nearly every time this visit so I'm just going with a mini review. Overall our trip was great and we had a fun time.

Garden Grill breakfast - we were seated right away (in the booth at 7:58a), our server was lovely and we enjoyed all the usual favorites here. The cinnamon roll was especially enjoyable and our group of 5 couldn't even finish half of it. We did get two refills of the fruit salad and another helping of the eggs. We always enjoy the delicious Disney juice (I can't remember what's in it, but it's a nice change from the usual orange). Characters came around once this time (we saw them 2-3 times each in February), but were friendly and my son was happy.

Via Napoli - we were 20 minutes late for our adr (the Pixar film took longer than I expected) but they graciously seated us for which I was appreciative. Our server wasn't the friendliest but she was efficient. We got the half meter margherita pizza, two orders of the kids bocconcini, and two of the family style salads to share. This was fine for the five of us, everything was delicious and we enjoyed our meal here as usual. I would have preferred the pepperoni pizza but no one else wanted it so margherita it was.

Trader Sam's - it was raining out and our pool time came to an abrupt end so we put our names on the waitlist on a whim and were hanging out at the resort. Low and behold our 3 hour wait turned out to be 1.5 hours and we were able to get a nice spot for all 5 of us to sit (I've heard it's hit or miss with seating). We shared two of the thai chicken pizzas which were really delicious, an order of the chicken lettuce wraps which were just okay (I won't order them again), and a rainbow roll. The drinks were good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. We had to leave at 8p since it's 21 and over after that time.

'Ohana breakfast - we had a late breakfast here (11:15a). It started with a long line to check in, then waited a bit for a picture with Pluto, then another 30 minutes to be seated. The food was okay, nothing great, and it took an hour for Lilo and Stitch to come by and visit. Mickey had come by right when we were seated. I did ask for a side of bacon and they brought a large portion for us to share. We didn't eat the ham with pineapple sauce they served. I thought the potatoes could be a lot better, they were pretty bland and not quite cooked enough and overall everything could have been hotter. They ran out of fruit. My son enjoyed it and really wanted to see Stitch so it was fine for the one time but we won't likely return for breakfast.

Tusker House - we went to a later breakfast here and ended up getting lunch food when we went back up for a second plate. This was very good overall, the characters were friendly and we had a good experience here. We were able to walk right onto the Na'vi River ride and then the Safari before our 10:10a adr.

I ended up canceling a Kona breakfast to sleep in one morning and a dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe because it was too much to fit into our evening at DHS.

Pineapple Lanai at Poly - always delicious, I wish we were able to get over there a couple more times during our stay.

Captain Cooks- it's okay, doesn't blow me away but fine for a counter service. The noodles with vegetables and chicken was pretty good.

Columbia Harbour House - we got in just before closing one evening (why don't they stay open till park closing???). I had the chicken pot pie, which was more tart size and had no crust covering the top. While small, it was really delicious. My family also enjoyed the tuna sandwich and hummus sandwich. The kids meals were smaller than other locations but everyone liked it there.

Lottawatta Lodge - this was close to where we were sitting at the Blizzard Beach wave pool so we just went here and didn't really take a look at the other CS options. The salad I had was quite good with grilled chicken and a raspberry vinaigrette, the other standard cs food was also good. None of us tried the rice bowls but they looked good, I'm going to give that a try next time.

Cosmic Rays - we haven't been back to Cosmic Rays in years but we were trying to be efficient at MNSSHP and were close by during dinner time. It was okay, the half roasted chicken meal used to be better imo but it wasn't bad. I think the rest of my family got the salad or burgers and no one was complaining.

Oasis Pool bar - the fish tacos were not good, but their salad was huge and fresh.

Wolfgang Puck Express- fine as usual, we usually end up here when we go to Disney Springs.

Soft serve ice cream in France - the creamiest in all of Disney as far as I'm concerned, we never miss a soft serve cone here.

Assorted treats around the parks, those are always good. :-)

Thank you for the report. I will try that ice cream in France next time. Love the creamy description!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!