August trip

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
Should I be worried about my mid August trip? I thought I would be fine but now I’m starting to wonder. I’m in the US and it’s pretty bad. Anyone out there in Europe or specifically in France? What is your opinion?

I don’t think anyone can say if a trip be possible in August...
At lot depends on the next couple of weeks I guess.
In „Europe“ (at least Germany set a pretty firm date) many decisions/restrictions are supposed to be reviewed around Easter/ end of April. I think by then we will know more about long term effects and how every country handles the situation.

The big question is what’s happing with traveling to other countries/ continents and what about events with many people gathering in one place. (For me Disney completely without nighttime entertainment or parades and such wouldn’t be worth it)

The only thing we can do right now is to wait and hope for the best I guess...

I think my country, the Netherlands, is relatively doing ok, but we already have a big event for September cancelled.
I think you won't be able to say what's going to happen to summer vacations till May.

We’ve got a mid-August trip planned from the east coast - and I’m pretty worried. I’m assuming it won’t happen :(

we also have a mid august trip planned. I won't make any decisions until at least June

Honestly... if you are in America I would not be worried about what's happening in Europe. I reckon you guys will have it worse then anywhere else in the word. I can't see your flights to Europe being restored by August.

Right. Not worried about Europe specifically, but about our ability to make the trip in general.

We have a trip planned for August 18th. I'm operating under the assumption that it's not happening. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. But as others have said, I'm not making a decision until at least June.

There is talk about having the Schengen border (Most of the EU and some extra countries - UK) closed till September. It hasn't been made official yet, but I think you can consider August to be a no go if you're from outside the EU (still unlikely if you are inside the EU).

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I am already paid in full. Is it possible to get a full refund or only reschedule? I looked at the DLP website and it doesn’t show a refund is possible. I am a teacher so the only thing I could do is more this to the summer of 2021. Is this my only option?

I am already paid in full. Is it possible to get a full refund or only reschedule? I looked at the DLP website and it doesn’t show a refund is possible. I am a teacher so the only thing I could do is more this to the summer of 2021. Is this my only option?
Not sure about the current status, normally you'd always loose your deposit, but they've relaxed that for arrivals till June 1st (and this date has not yet been changed, as far as I know), they were offering a full refund or your exact stay for the same price, no matter what the price would be at that moment. But later I heard they were only offering vouchers. But there hasn't been an official announcement about it since the parks closed March 14th.

The website makes it look like you can only reschedule but we had a trip planned for June 6-10th on the backside of a Mediterranean Disney cruise leaving out of Barcelona on May 30th. We called the following number (800)438-9876 and were able to get a refund. The cast member did say they have to ask if you are willing to travel in the next 18 months (said it was a technicality that they have to ask). My wife is also a teacher and we already have some vacations planned for next summer so it would be well beyond 18 months even if we were able to go back.

The cast member put us on hold to speak to a manager to approve the refund of what is normally the 25% cancellation fee. Within 5 minutes she came back and said it was approved. We had the majority of the refund back on my credit card within 3 days and are waiting on the 25% refund. They did say that it would take longer as it is a manual process to get the 25% refunded. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That is very helpful information!
If their borders are closed, I can’t see that they can refuse a refund
I’m not sure that I even want to go next summer until there is a guaranteed vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts