Aulani Availability at 7 Months

Red Sox

Earning My Ears
I would like to go to the Aulani in July 2014 and was wondering what my chances are of getting a 1 bedroom for 13 nights at the 7 month window. Please let me know if anyone had luck getting a room this summer.

Thanks.

We got a room at the seven month window for the end of July/beginning of August 2012 for 5 nights... but 14 nights is a tall order.

It's not impossible though, I was reading about folks having a harder time booking June and early July at this past 7 month window (for summer 2013) where it seemed to open up a little more for late July through August as long as you were online to book right when the 7 month window opened up.

I would have a backup plan of another resort to stay at if you can't get it for the full 14 day stretch.... maybe stay up at the northshore for some of the nights ... or island hop! Thats our plan for the next trip to Aulani.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips. Is it possible to book one week to hold 7 days and then book the other 6 as a separate reservation?

Yes, the first 7 days can be booked once your 7 month window opens, but I am not positive on the next 6 days.
When I booked 10 days at WDW I reserved the first 7 and then I had to add each additional day consecutively by calling each morning (now we have online so thats easier at least). I think you might have to add each day on separately after the first 7.

There is another North Shore resort that is awesome..... You could always book there for the days you can't get.

I'm looking to book this week at the 7 month window for October. We want 8 nights. DVC member service recommended I book 7 nights on the 1st night and can do it on-line at 8AM, and that I must call the next day to add the 8th night.

I would like to go to the Aulani in July 2014 and was wondering what my chances are of getting a 1 bedroom for 13 nights at the 7 month window. Please let me know if anyone had luck getting a room this summer.

Thanks.

We got an OV studio for this August for 7 nights...but I would think 13 days may be a stretch to get... Your odds would be better to consider being open to getting ANY size villa with any view that's available.

I would highly recommend with that much time to spend in Hawaii that you island hop to another island or two for a few nights. Hawaii is too far to go and too expensive to get to to not explore some of the other islands. They are all different and each one has its own personality and inter-island flights on Hawaiian Airlines are plentiful (about 2 / hour) and are pretty cheap (they can start as low as $65-68 one-way). We always visit 2 or 3 islands when we go. I think you can snag a full week at Aulani but would seriously consider the idea of then going to Maui or the Big Island for a few nights...

Thanks for the great tips. Any recommendations on places to stay on the other islands?

Maui is our fav. island. It basically has 2 main resort areas - Wailea and Ka'anapali / Lahaina. Wailea is home to some of the more upscale resorts like the Four Seasons, the Fairmont & the Grand Wailea. We stayed down that way once. I personally think there is more to do and better beaches in the Lahaina / Ka'anapali area. There are a lot of nice resorts on Maui - we have stayed at the Marriott & the Sheraton in Ka'anapali and are trying out the Westin Ka'anapali Villas this summer.

On the Big Island the Kona side is the more populated tourist side (vs Hilo) and there are more resorts to choose from. I see both the Marriott and the Hilton Waikoloa mentioned a lot there. (When we went to the Big Island we stayed in an older 2 star hotel in Keauhou Bay that I would not recommend - actually, I don't think it's even still open any more. It was part of the Outrigger chain, which in general is fine, but this one was not so great. We booked it to save money in order to do a helicopter ride around the island with Blue Hawaiian but I wouldn't stay there again if it WAS still there).

We have only done a day trip and have not stayed on Kauai so I can't comment on that island.

We rely a lot on Trip Advisor for our reviews when choosing a new place to stay...

Like AnalAnnie, Maui is our fave too, so I would recommend it highly! Kaanapali Beach is a great resort area with lots of amenities. We stayed at the Sheraton Black Rock there, but would also do the Westin.

I would also consider staying a few night's up on Oahu's north shore at Turtle Bay.

Kauai is so lush and gorgeous! I stayed at the Westin Princeville which is on the north side of Kauai but I drove all around the island from Hanalei to Kapaa to Poipu and then up to Waimea Canyon. Also did a Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of the Na Pali coast. There's also a nice Sheraton in Poipu. In Maui I would recommend the Westin Ocean Resort Villas.....right on beautiful Kaanapali Beach. Have also stayed in Wailea.....there's a great upscale shopping center there. In the Big Island I would highly recommend the Waikoloa Beach Marriott which is north of Kona.....really enjoyed our stay there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter