• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Cabanas and Casabellas?

Golden Rose

Princess by Choice
As the construction is finally winding down at Aulani, do we know how many cabanas and how many casabellas there will end up being? How many different locations of each are they ending up with?

Also, anyone know how far in advance each can be reserved?

Based on some photos posted by Rest&Relax on another thread, it appears that the new Ka Maka area will add three new cabanas to the mix. You can see the three cabanas in the background of the fourth photo, quite near the new Ka Maka Family Pool and Grotto.

Before construction began in September 2012, Aulani had four cabanas near the main pool, two cabanas near the Menehume Bridge Water Plat Area, and two more near the Wailana Leisure Pool. The first two sets of cabanas are still there, but I'm not sure what has happened to the cabanas at the Wailana Pool. I know that the Wailana pool deck has been expanded and I had heard rumors that Aulani was going to increase the number of cabanas. But I have yet to hear whether the are more cabanas by the Wailana pool.

Here is a photo the Wailana cabanas taken in September 2012 before the construction began in this area:

file_zpse8391f43.jpg

Edited to add: Here is a map that shows the location of the Aulani cabanas as of November 2012. The three sets of cabanas are located in the three red boxes added to the map. Hopefully, I'll be able to find an updated map once the Ka Maka area officially opens next month.

AulaniMapCabanas2.jpg

Also, here is an artist's drawing of the new Ka Maka area. You can see the new Ka Maka cabanas just to the left of the red 8 on the drawing:

AulaniNewConstruction_zpsa9157512.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter