Aulani for NYE

Am here now. It was very low key until about 11:30pm. Aulani had a pricey luau on the deck in front of Ama Ama. Ko Olina puts up a stage and fireworks.People lounged in chairs until it got closer to midnight then it picked up.

We attended the Luau - but it was in the back lawn. It was indeed pricey - $210 per person. The food was really good - better much quality and selection than Paradise Cove, but the show wasn't as good and viewing the stage was next to impossible. Had we known more about it in advance, we probably would have saved our money.
Unfortunately I can't really speak to the beach party, as we made the mistake of returning to the room to wait for the fireworks. After hanging out poolside all day and sitting through the 3-hour luau, my entire family crashed within minutes of sitting down on the bed. But, I definitely heard the fireworks. Based on the frequency of the booms, my wife and I figured it must have been quite the show.

Last edited:
I'm ok without paying $210 per person for the luau/show. Yikes. What's the beach party? I would love to see fireworks. Is that part of a show? Or can you just lounge around somewhere by the pool or beach and see them?

We just returned from Aulani yesterday. I opted not to pay $210 dollars for the luau and instead went on a sunset dinner cruise on NYE. When we returned we settled in our beach chairs and waited for the strike of midnight to watch the fireworks on the lagoon/beach. This was not part of the luau and since beaches on Hawaii are public it was open for everyone to watch. It was a spectacular fireworks show...around 8 minutes long. Will definitely be back to see it again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter