Aulani HC parking

blondietink

DIS Veteran
We will be at Aulani in September (hopefully) . We are DVC members, so I know parking for us will be free. However, what about Valet parking? I know at the resorts at WDW give free valet parking to those with a handicapped permit. What about at Aulani? When dealing with a wheelchair, it would be much better if we had valet instead of having to go to the parking garage with the chance of getting rained on.

Does anybody know if the self parking lot is all on one side of the resort or is there a self parking lot near the Ewa tower as well.

Self parking is all on the one side of the resort. As you enter the Aulani parking lot, you will first pass the self-parking area, before proceeding to the resort entrance where you have the option to leave your car with the vallet. Vallet parking is on the other side of the lobby, opposite the self-parking area.

floribr1 said:
Self parking is all on the one side of the resort. As you enter the Aulani parking lot, you will first pass the self-parking area, before proceeding to the resort entrance where you have the option to leave your car with the vallet. Vallet parking is on the other side of the lobby, opposite the self-parking area.

Is there a charge (other than tip) for valet parking for DVC members?

Regarding handicapped parking. I know that the self parking garage had handicapped parking on each level of the garage. And there was an elevator too. But I don't know if they permit free valet parking in addition to the self parking for handicapped guests.

However, at WDW they do permit handicap guests to use valet parking for free (we always tip though). So I wouldn't be surprised that Aulani is the same. I would call Aulani and ask. Or you could email DVC and ask them for the official policy at Aulani.

From the DVC Member site under Aulani:

Self-parking is available (no extra charge for up to 2 vehicles for Disney Vacation Club Members during your points reservation stay)

Valet parking is available for a charge (There is no charge for Members and Guests with a valid accessible parking permit)

YEA! Not as long as we don't forget to bring the disabled parking permit with us we will be all set! Valet here we come!

I called Aulani today directly 2 different times & each time they told me even if your a DVC member or have a handicap placard, valet fee is $35. Was at VGC over the holidays & they had same policy. I thought that was too good to be true. I did send member services an email to clarify what is posted on the DVC website. Once I get a response, I'll post their answer

Got a response from Member services & they confirm DVC members who wish to park in Valet have to pay the $35 valet fee. What's still confusing is they also said there is no valet charge for valid accessible parking permits. They did not explain what a accessible parking permit is.

I would assume that "valid" means it is a hang tag that has not expired and is in the name of somebody in the car. We had to get a paper signed by DS's physician and our local issuing authority to validate the HC parking permit in order to get free parking at the port of Miami. I think I will bring that just in case.

From the DVC Member site under Aulani:

Self-parking is available (no extra charge for up to 2 vehicles for Disney Vacation Club Members during your points reservation stay)

Valet parking is available for a charge (There is no charge for Members and Guests with a valid accessible parking permit)

Would you mind telling me where you found this information within the DVC member site? I have come across the same dilemma. Last year when we went U had my placard and it was not a problem. But this year I am not so sure.We have not had this problem at the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter