Aulani on site Luau

Karlan29

Earning My Ears
We would like to do the Luau when we go. Is the V.I.P. ticket price worth it? Can anyone tell me what really is the difference in the general vs. VIP experience? We are a group of 4 adults, an 8yr old and a 5yr old. Opinions??

We would like to do the Luau when we go. Is the V.I.P. ticket price worth it? Can anyone tell me what really is the difference in the general vs. VIP experience? We are a group of 4 adults, an 8yr old and a 5yr old. Opinions??
Has anyone done the VIP?

We did the VIP package the first week of April. It was great we had a separate entrance and could enter before the other guests. I believe we received an upgraded lei (but not 100% on this). Because we entered early we had extra time at the various crafts. The VIP package also included all beverages including alcohol. The VIP guests also receive preferred seating - our table was right in the front and are the first ones invited to head to the buffet. All that being said, if VIP is not in your budget I would not hesitate to go with the standard package (and this is from someone that generally does not like luaus). It really is not that big of an event where you will feel overwhelmed by crowds or find it hard to see from any of the tables. In fact the entertainers are in the aisle ways quite a bit. We went back for seconds of food and did not find the buffet lines bad at all.

We don't drink and we hate lines. I am thinking VIP still worth it?

I had been in the fence about VIP because I like to have designated seating and wanted to be close to the stage. I would have picked it on those alone. So excited to be there in March!

I guess it depends on how much you hate lines. We had very, very brief wait to get in the door with VIP and were one of the first tables to go get food. After the initial trip through the buffet everyone was pretty much together and there really did not seem to big any long lines for food. The longest line was at the bar :) I was happy to have VIP, but next time I will likely just do regular. Also depends how much you value being the absolute closest you can be to the stage.

I guess it depends on how much you hate lines. We had very, very brief wait to get in the door with VIP and were one of the first tables to go get food. After the initial trip through the buffet everyone was pretty much together and there really did not seem to big any long lines for food. The longest line was at the bar :) I was happy to have VIP, but next time I will likely just do regular. Also depends how much you value being the absolute closest you can be to the stage.

I have read that u need to line up early if u are non VIP. I don't want to do that. My dd18 is 5 feet tall so I assumed better view closer to stage.

I had been in the fence about VIP because I like to have designated seating and wanted to be close to the stage. I would have picked it on those alone. So excited to be there in March!

Thanks! How far in advance did u book?

I didn't get VIP and we were seated very close to the stage and were able to have a perfect view of the entire stage. We went on opening day so not sure if it made a difference.

Thanks! How far in advance did u book?
I've been tracking this, and I think the website says booking opens 60 days in advance. Interested to hear if anyone has different experience about when it opens and needs to be booked.

I've been tracking this, and I think the website says booking opens 60 days in advance. Interested to hear if anyone has different experience about when it opens and needs to be booked.

I thought it was bookabke many movies months out since not Disney sponsored with tickets.

I don't know where I read that it was bookable 60 days in advance. I know I tried a few weeks ago for our march trip and couldn't book it. But today I could and did, and it is more than 60 days away. I'm not sure what the booking window is, but clearly the 60 days I suggested is wrong.

I don't know where I read that it was bookable 60 days in advance. I know I tried a few weeks ago for our march trip and couldn't book it. But today I could and did, and it is more than 60 days away. I'm not sure what the booking window is, but clearly the 60 days I suggested is wrong.

I am guessing is 120 days out as I am not able to book for July yet....just goes thru mid april

May still isn't available to book, so I think its 4 months out. I'm assuming May dates will be released around Dec 1, but I've been checking every once in while anyways, just in case.

We just did the VIP Lu'au. We got to enter a half-hour earlier than others. That line is quite a bit shorter so you don't need to stand in line as long or get there as early in advance as those in the regular line. Got a shell lei (none of the non-VIP guests had any leis at all; the men got a different one that was part shell and part something else). Free alcohol. Got a seat right at the stage. Got to go to the buffet ahead of all non-VIP guests. We definitely felt it was worth it. By no means is it terrible if you don't do it - the seats still give you a good view and you can buy alcoholic drinks if you want (or not) but we're glad we did it.

We just did the VIP Lu'au. We got to enter a half-hour earlier than others. That line is quite a bit shorter so you don't need to stand in line as long or get there as early in advance as those in the regular line. Got a shell lei (none of the non-VIP guests had any leis at all; the men got a different one that was part shell and part something else). Free alcohol. Got a seat right at the stage. Got to go to the buffet ahead of all non-VIP guests. We definitely felt it was worth it. By no means is it terrible if you don't do it - the seats still give you a good view and you can buy alcoholic drinks if you want (or not) but we're glad we did it.
Thank you for letting me know more about it. I decided to book VIP for our March trip and I am SO EXCITED!!

thank you -- I booked it for us too!

THanks for this. Perfect analysis. I am booking for July. Do you know how far out you booked yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!