Aulani Parking Question

AlyssinWonderland

Lost in the Looking Glass
This is more of etiquette question. I am going to have a rental car on my week long trip to Aulani later this month. I am not a DVC member and understand I will be paying about $40 a day in parking. I’m okay with this and not trying to avoid the fee. I have never had a rental car at a place that charges for parking before. Does the general parking amount of $40 a day include valet? Or is that a separate service entirely? If it is, what is the additional charge? Or is it merely the expectation of tips that make it an additional charge?​

Also, when I check in, is there a general parking area near the front desk area where I can park or do I need to park my car in the garage and then hull my bags to the front desk? I realize these are pretty common sense questions, but I’m traveling with a friend with extreme anxiety and things will be smoother if I can tell her how it will work before we get there. Thank you in advance! I’m sorry if this has been answered somewhere else already, I did search it in multiple ways.

When you first arrive, you'll pull into the area and check-in. The parking charge is the same whether you park it or the valet does however when you collect your car, you then tip. We usually valet the first day then self park after that.

When you first arrive, you'll pull into the area and check-in. The parking charge is the same whether you park it or the valet does however when you collect your car, you then tip. We usually valet the first day then self park after that.

Thank you! That is what I needed to know! I appreciate your help!

We echo what Kyton says. The great thing about pulling up first is letting the valets and other cast members greet you with a welcoming smile, a cool cup of fruit infused water, and a lei. Then you have that personalized feeling of them walking you to the front desk for check-in. It's just part of the experience, in my opinion. After that first time...self parking all the way!

You can pay to park in self parking or valet. Both options have different pricing.

You can pay to park in self parking or valet. Both options have different pricing.
Nope, fee is the same - the only difference is that you have to tip the valet every time they bring the car around to you. $37 USD per day is the fee however it will also be taxed at time of checkout.

Parking for Overnight Guests
There's so much to do at and around Aulani Resort that you may not need a car! For overnight Guests who wish to park, self-parking is $37* per day, or for the same price, enjoy convenient valet parking service. Rates are subject to change.

So I assume you are renting directly from Disney, as if you are renting points for a DVC unit, you should get free parking.

Now im wondering this and have wondered this, if I rent a car at Alamo Aulani do you get free parking?

So I assume you are renting directly from Disney, as if you are renting points for a DVC unit, you should get free parking.
Anyone staying on DVC points will receive free parking. Doesn't matter if you're an owner or renting someone else's points.

to bad they didn't offer free parking if rented from Aulani that would boost sale big time.
I don't think they need to offer this. They sometimes run out of cars at the Aulani location to begin with, so sales are good. Also, many of the rentals are one-day rentals, so no need for overnight parking.

I agree with PP - we found it easiest to valet the first day after we unloaded the car. They were able to take it and park it from there, and we didn't have to hassle with parking it while still trying to get our bearings. We did self-parking after that, which was quite easy and close to the main building.

Personally, the first time we stayed there for $, I valeted for the convenience. We don't tend to in and out so an added couple of $ a day was worth it. Now we stay on points so I self park...

Disney does't rent points. If you book a room or villa through Disney its a cash basis and you do not get free parking.

Disney does't rent points. If you book a room or villa through Disney its a cash basis and you do not get free parking.
You are correct. I should have said paying Disney directly for the room. The original poster said nothing of how they obtained the room, but did say they weren't a DVC owner so they knew they had to pay for parking. I was trying to point out that you don't have to be a DVC owner to not have to pay for parking - if they were renting points for a DVC unit they will still get free parking.

As POTCfan said, Disney doesn't rent points but you can rent points from DVC owners (we have on 3 of our last 4 visits to WDW). And if you rent points, you can get free parking. Just thought I'd share :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!